No Clean Hands/Ghost achievement

Adding to what the people above me said. Some of my friends told me these trophies are glitched themselves (on both versions).

On another hand, always try to check If the bodies are unconscious after a couple mins. I once found a guard had died a bit after hitting him with a sleeping dart.

Did you kill the first assassin's that appear to kill the empress? Those count for the trophy, you need to defend against them until they disappear.

No they don't. The game even tells you that attacking/ defending is non-lethal in that scene. They also can't be killed. They just blink away after taking a direct hit.

Adding to what the people above me said. Some of my friends told me these trophies are glitched themselves (on both versions).

On another hand, always try to check If the bodies are unconscious after a couple mins. I once found a guard had died a bit after hitting him with a sleeping dart.

They are not glitched. As a few people already mentioned, you just have to hide them somewhere save and you're good.

As a "strategy" for that: Try knocking out multiple enemies in the same area, in the definitive edition unconscious NPC's de-spawn when there are too many other bodies around. This happens way more often than on PS3.

Edited by Jeanmi96

I'm absolutely sure that no guards and so were eaten by rats, or fell from a roof or in the water. Also at most points I just used Bend Time 2 and ran to the next checkpoint, completely ignoring guards.

Anyhow, started a 2nd playthrough now without talking to Granny or Slackjaw so I hope I get the trophies at the end. In the other case I can wait to complete the game and save just before the end and

eventually wait for a patch.

There will be no patch as there is no glitch.  NPCs die ridiculously easily in Dishonored.  Here's a list from Bethseda themselves (Link) on ways you can accidentally 'kill' an NPC:

• Sleep Darting or Choking out an NPC and having them hit an object when falling, causing death
  • Sleep Darting or Choking out an NPC near a ledge and having them fall to cause death
  • Sleep Darting or Choking out an NPC and having them fall into water will cause drowning death
  • Sleep Darting or Choking an NPC and allowing them to fall down a long flight of stairs will sometimes cause them to die (possible with the stairs in the Overseer building)
  • Placing an unconscious NPC in water, or even near shallow puddles, can cause drowning death
  • Placing an unconscious body on un-even terrain near water can sometimes lead to the NPC slowly moving and falling into water, which would count as an NPC kill (in Prison Sewers for example)
  • Rendering an NPC unconscious near a damage source (such as a fireplace or lit grill) may cause the NPC to take damage and die
  • Leaving an unconscious NPC in the middle of the street or alley, where rats have access to the body, can result in clean-up which will count as a kill for the player
  • Accidentally casting Devouring Swarm near an unconscious NPC could cause the rats to clean up the body, counting as a NPC kill
  • Accidentally casting Windblast near an unconscious NPC could cause damage leading to NPC death
  • Having a Grenade, Springrazor or Whale Oil Battery explode near an unconscious NPC could cause splash damage resulting in NPC death
  • Throwing an unconscious NPC into a Wall of Light, or near and Arc Pylon would incinerate the NPC and count as a kill
  • Leaving unconscious NPCs in the area around the large door on which the player places the explosive device in Prison will cause the NPCs to die when the device goes off. This includes in and around the nearby dumpster and behind the consoles and gate switch across from the door on the upper level.
  • Rendering an enemy unconscious while fighting a nearby Tallboy can cause the Tallboy to stomp at the player, essentially killing the nearby unconscious NPC in the process
  • Rendering an enemy unconscious and having another enemy throw a projectile (such as fire bottle or grenade) at the player, can kill the nearby unconscious NPC
  • Leaving an NPC unconscious in the Brothel Steam room may cause “bite” damage due to hagfish in the center pool, killing the NPC

*I also would like to add in that dogs DO count as well.

Because of this massive list I followed video guides where unless I absolutely had to, I did not render anyone unconscious throughout the entire playthrough and relied solely on stealth and slow play to make it through.  Took me about 16 hours for that playthrough, but I got all the trophies.  Just keep in mind that any possible way an enemy can be injured can and will lead to death, so best to avoid being seen and all confrontations.  You mentioned you just ran between checkpoints.  The problem with this is if you are even slightly detected, they may try to kill you with darts and grenades and end up killing each other.  I've even seen a chasing guard stupidly run into an active wall of light just cause he felt the need to.  If you're using powers in this playthrough (I did not), then utilize Blink to avoid ever being spotted and ever coming into contact with guards or NPCs in general unless the game forces you to.

Good luck!

Edited by Matto_lsi
  • Like 2

No they don't. The game even tells you that attacking/ defending is non-lethal in that scene. They also can't be killed. They just blink away after taking a direct hit.

I think it says that defending is a non-lethal method, not both. I didn't even hit them in my playthrough just to be sure.

I think it says that defending is a non-lethal method, not both. I didn't even hit them in my playthrough just to be sure.

I started a new game to look it up. It says: "Attack or Defend (Nonlethal)". I also attacked all of them during my clean hands/ ghost/ blink only - run.

I think the Clean Hands and Ghost trophies are bugged for me. At all mission stats the 'never detected' and 'didn't kill anyone' boxes are ticked, yet I didn't get these 2 damned trophies.

Anyone else has the same issue ?? 

Great so this wasn't fixed in this edition either. I remember seeing that i achieved the ghost ranking at the end of each level on the PS3 version and not receiving the ghost trophy either. Whats the point of that summary page if its not going to be accurate? 

Edited by stitchesnscars
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...