Crespelio-X12

Rate How Scary This Game Is

103 posts in this topic

I've been thinking of getting but I'm easily scared by horror games I finished Outlast do no how. I am that type of guy that would be more hidden in a bed in Outlast that progressing.

So is Until Dawn scarier than Outlast? Is it recommended for scared people?

Rate it 0/10

I haven't played Outlast, but Until Dawn had some genuine jump scares and it had the right creepy atmosphere. I'd suggest to play the game at night with headphones on to make it extra scary :D

I'd say 7.5/10, I thought it was pretty scary but I'm easily scared too.

The jumpscares slow down towards the end, but the atmosphere throughout the whole game is spooky as hell.

I haven't played Outlast, but Until Dawn had some genuine jump scares and it had the right creepy atmosphere. I'd suggest to play the game at night with headphones on to make it extra scary :D

I don't want extra scary I want less scary lol, if I had headphones at night time I think I would die while playing. Day, no headphones!

Go play Outlast right now and the Dlc as well  :P

Go play Outlast right now and the Dlc as well  :P

I'll think about it... :P

Is it recommended for scared people?

Rate it 0/10

Lol " scared people ". 

I am sure if you got through Outlast you will be fine. For me Outlast was a 3 pants game am expecting only a few skid marks in the pants with Until Dawn

I don't think it's that scary...6/10.  There are some jump scares, but because you are not really controlling every move in real time (i.e. there are a lot of choices and cut scenes) I don't find it as tense as something like Outlast where you are directly responsible for getting out of scary situations.  It is still a great experience though.

I'm a bit of a sook with horror but so far this hasn't really scared me. I've jumped a few times but that's it.

So I'd say 4/10.

I don't think it's that scary...6/10.  There are some jump scares, but because you are not really controlling every move in real time (i.e. there are a lot of choices and cut scenes) I don't find it as tense as something like Outlast where you are directly responsible for getting out of scary situations.  It is still a great experience though.

No pressure of being chased?

I managed to beat Alien Isolation & Outlast. If anyone played Until Dawn and Alien Isolation, can compare this two? I wonder if I will be able to manage beat that with clean pants as well  :awesome:

I managed to beat Alien Isolation & Outlast. If anyone played Until Dawn and Alien Isolation, can compare this two? I wonder if I will be able to manage beat that with clean pants as well :awesome:

I'd say that alien isolation is a little more tense that until dawn. If you got through alien with a few minor scares here and there, until dawn will be fine. There is a lot of jump scares though so watch out

I'd say that alien isolation is a little more tense that until dawn. If you got through alien with a few minor scares here and there, until dawn will be fine. There is a lot of jump scares though so watch out

I played Alien Isolation with headphones and the only place it scared the shit out of me was when

a room with a white door exploded when you get near I assume it was ch 6 or 7. Rest was fine

Thanks for feedback

Edited by MilanYildirim

I played Alien Isolation with headphones and the only place it scared the shit out of me was when

a room with a white door exploded when you get near I assume it was ch 6 or 7. Rest was fine [/spoiler ]

Thanks for feedback

no problem and yeah that was a real blast platnuming alien for me as well ;P

no problem and yeah that was a real blast platnuming alien for me as well ;P

wow! Amazing job plat'ing Alien man! I'm kinda envy and encouraged about going to plat it now :D

No pressure of being chased?

No, the game usually gives you ample time to decide what to do if someone is chasing you and it's either left/right or a button press as opposed to any kind of skilled controller movements.

Aside from some jump scares and only one short part that genuinely scared me, I'd say a 3/10.  I was too busy marveling at how awesome the game was to be scared.  Outlast for me was a 10/10 scary game.

It's completely different to the type of fear in Outlast, for example. If you can get through a B-movie horror like Cabin in the Woods, you will be fine. It's tense, but never quite in the way traditional horror games are.

On a scale from 1 to Hotel Basement in The last of us, how scary is it?

I will give it a 7 out of 10.  I jumped a few times, and definitely hated (in a good way) the QTEs and "hold stills" only because I'm not a great twitch gamer.  For me that made it scarier.

Not so scary. The game mostly relies on quick scares, not on a constant tension like Outlast or Amnesia.

The jump scares didn't do much for me. The atmosphere was great though, especially towards the end when the shit really started to hit the fan.