Languages available

I'm trying to figure out how to set the game's language to English, since it shows up in French.

I have my PS4 system language set to English but I downloaded Dishonored Definitive Edition from the Spanish PS Store (since I'm currently living in Spain).

I don't know if this is normal (due to Bethesda not including English as an option) but I'd really like to know if I can play it in English.

Anyone got a clue how to fix this? Am I the only one?

PS. If I set the PS4 system language to Spanish, the game is also in Spanish, but I still prefer it in English.

I'm trying to figure out how to set the game's language to English, since it shows up in French.

I have my PS4 system language set to English but I downloaded Dishonored Definitive Edition from the Spanish PS Store (since I'm currently living in Spain).

I don't know if this is normal (due to Bethesda not including English as an option) but I'd really like to know if I can play it in English.

Anyone got a clue how to fix this? Am I the only one?

PS. If I set the PS4 system language to Spanish, the game is also in Spanish, but I still prefer it in English.

Certain game versions only support very few languages. Also sometimes they just don't include English.

The German version of The Evil Within for example. It supports: French, German, Italian and Spanish, but not English, lol...

As for your system being in English. Games which don't support the language the system is set to, will automatically switch to another language (I'm guessing the most spoken one) that IS supported by the game.

There is no way of fixing it. You have to play it in Spanish or get a version that includes English.

I played the American version of the game.

Edited by Jeanmi96

Certain game versions only support very few languages. Also sometimes they just don't include English.

The German version of The Evil Within for example. It supports: French, German, Italian and Spanish, but not English, lol...

As for your system being in English. Games which don't support the language the system is set to, will automatically switch to another language (I'm guessing the most spoken one) that IS supported by the game.

There is no way of fixing it. You have to play it in Spanish or get a version that includes English.

I played the American version of the game.

OK, thanks for the answer!

It's such a bummer though... Plus, I'll have to change my system language every time I want to play the game... Or learn more French (I understand some, but not quite enough to get the story in Dishonored xD)

Oh well, it's already bought (digital) so I guess I'll have to suck it up :)

EDIT: Just check on the store, and indeed it lists several languages but NOT English. Still strikes me as so very weird though :S

Edited by Soraking1991

OK, thanks for the answer!

It's such a bummer though... Plus, I'll have to change my system language every time I want to play the game... Or learn more French (I understand some, but not quite enough to get the story in Dishonored xD)

Oh well, it's already bought (digital) so I guess I'll have to suck it up :)

EDIT: Just check on the store, and indeed it lists several languages but NOT English. Still strikes me as so very weird though :S

Yeah, I also don't understand why some game versions don't support english, but around 4-5 other languages, lol...