Do you "rage quit" when playing online?

PleaseHoldOn

Ragequitting  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Do you quit when you're losing online?

• Yup, as soon as I realize the game is lost.
    • Nope, I'm a trooper. Stick it out 'til the bitter end.
    • Sometimes, depends on my mood.

I do all the time in NHL 14.  I used to care about my W/L ratings, but given how the game absolutely just hands games to people online sometimes (guess that's the way the puck bounces sometimes, heh heh) on a silver platter... and how many people will sell their soul, exploit the game to shreds and do anything but actually play well for a win... I'll happily take a loss when things clearly aren't going in my favor.

Not sure if that counts as "rage quitting" since I'm not throwing my controller at the wall, I just know when my time is being wasted. xD  Do you "ragequit" when playing online, or something like it?  Or do you take the honorable route and stick at it til the end?

• Like 1

I never rage quit because i am losing. But i have to admit that i quit every time i think my partner is just a bad player.... Which is 95% of the time :D.

I don't want to brag, but i'm a pretty decent player in many kind of games. When i have to do, for example, a coop mission, if my partner just can't do what he is supposed to do (or if he is too bad at it...), i may leave. Same thing when someone is slow as hell.

• Like 1

It depends on how I'm doing rather than how my team is doing. I've been known to rage quit and rage in general a little too much ;-;

Nope, because "rage quitting" isn't worth raising your blood pressure over a simple game. Just quit, and play something else, or do something else non-gaming related. That's just me.

I wish I had your mindset about that...

• Like 1

It depends on how I'm doing rather than how my team is doing. I've been known to rage quit and rage in general a little too much ;-;

I wish I had your mindset about that...

You can easily obtain that. Its all about making the decision NOT to get upset.

Maybe "rage quitting" wasn't the right phrase, which makes the thread kinda irrelevant.  I was just more interested if you quit when you're losing/things aren't going your way... which many interpret as rage quitting... even without any actual rage.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

I rarely do online play, but I have gotten frustrated, turned off a single player game, stuck it in it's case and put it on a shelf for months (or even years!) and sometimes come back to it.

I haven't rage quit since NES days when I was 10 and playing with my brothers. Although after my parents took the controllers and locked them up for a month so we didn't behave like savages, I learned to throw the controllers against the couch and eventually acknowledge it's just a video game and learned to lose with grace and cherish every win. Also, not to play with others...

I ultimately rage quit online gaming as a whole years and years ago, and now only venture on in small doses to get online trophies then never touch it again.  There's always exceptions, like the Last of Us and ME3, but considering ME3 is coop, and Last of Us is more about skill than laying 50 billion bullets into an area and hoping you hit something, the online wasn't too bad.  But as a whole I don't play online anymore.

• Like 1

I think I rage more playing offline than online. Online MPs I know there are kids playing or adults that are going to try to piss me off, that's why I never interact or use mic when I am with randoms and just mind my business. If I get a rage message from some dude because he's sore that I killed him 5 straight times, I don't respond back and I just block. If I'm having a bad game or stuck with randoms that lack teamwork or don't know the difference between "my kill" and "their kill", I wait for the match to end and I leave and find another room/lobby. This is why it's better to play with a group of friends or clanmates.

I hardly ever "rage" quit.. Only game/franchise would be Call of Duty. I don't really consider myself having "rage" when I leave a lobby, & its not that I'm in the losing team or I'm just absolute trash (I carry my team.. js.. :wave:) Only time I'd leave is when someone lag switches a game (yes they still exist & yes you can tell when someone does lag switch), or my network just completely becomes shit on me for like 1 min (which is on rare occasions), and if I'm in a lobby filled with idiots who tend to hit a trick shot (especially on the game mode; FFA) because I don't plan on waiting for someone to get the last 30 kills when all they're doing is spinning around and not hitting shit. So that's about it..  xD

& honestly if you do rage and plan on leaving the session; don't. Just talk mad shit on your mic because literally the COD community is complete shit. I don't but when I do lose or tend to get the worst K/D on a game, my friends all talk mad shit and it's funny. I mean lets be honest, when was COD really ever played by "mature" players? I know for one thing that the battlefield franchise aren't like this..  :D