Do you "rage quit" when playing online?

PleaseHoldOn

Ragequitting  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Do you quit when you're losing online?

• Yup, as soon as I realize the game is lost.
    • Nope, I'm a trooper. Stick it out 'til the bitter end.
    • Sometimes, depends on my mood.

The only time I quit multiplayer games early is if it is unplayable due to lag. I do get a little frustrated when I get put in a match in progress where my team is already losing but I always stick it out because there have been many times where my teammates and I have been able to come back and eventually win the game. 

Parker

Oo it depends. I try not to because it can affect other people's stats.

I've quit on Mortal Kombat in a 1 on 1 match against someone who only used one move - he stood at the far side of the arena and kept shooting me. There was no combat or opportunity to have a proper fight. He messaged me afterwards and asked if that ****** me off, so he was just trying to irritate me. Stupidly, he asked if I wanted another match and promised to play properly. As an optimist, I agreed. He did exactly the same thing, so I left.

Other than that, I usually finish the match/game like a good girl and then throw my second (already broken) controller at the wall once it's over ;)

I hate online gaming as a rule, so I rarely have the chance to do it. When I do go online (to get trophies), I never rage quit because I know I wouldn't like it if people did the same to me. And I know in advance that I won't like it simply because it's online, so I go into it prepared and don't get super frustrated. When I get the trophies, I just quit the online mode altogether.

• Like 1

No, I don't play online so much to begin with, I only play the online or MP mode of the games I likes and I don't remember raged on these games I liked.

It's the Internet! you'll be playing with or agenst real people like you, even if you're skilled enough there's definitely someone out there who's still a way better player than you that keep handing you your behind on a silver plate over and over. it's something natural that you'll be so familiar with that doesn't need to be raged at. if you encounter a cheater or a hacker on a loby just leave.

It happened a few times against the rabid-kangaroo-wraith-glitchers in Resistance 2. Was trying to get my 10k kills legit whith the servers closing in two months and there were glitchers everywhere, even veterans with hundreds of thousands of kills, most of which I assume cheap wraith glitch kills from behind their safe shield. You can feel the rage in my words lol

I think I rage quit FIFA one or two times. Not more. And even then it was cause I just lost it. And since I'm really temperamental, that's an achievement in itself :D I've lost hard a bunch of times, but I didn't rage quite because of things like wanting to show my opponent that I'm not that shit and do a couple of nice plays. And I think of losing in these games is part of learning how to play the game. If I was gonna rage quit every time a person is better than me, then I would still be shit in FIFA. Oh, and not rage quitting is sometimes rewarding. Like losing 4:0 and then coming back with quick goals to tie it or even win it. The best feeling in the world ... well, one of the best.

I hate it when people rage quit tho. Every time I'm winning 5:0, I just hope the opponent doesn't rage quit. But then when they don't and I score another goal, I feel bad for them ... :D

I did last night for Splatoon because one troll on the team spamming L2(for turning Squid) and jumping around me got the entire team doing it. So I jumped off the edge and stood in spawn until I got disconnected. That's the only time I've ever done that and the only game I really play online with. I don't touch online unless my friends want me to. So it's difficult for me to answer. In Splatoon's case, the matches are only three minutes long and that was my third match with the spammer, so I was quite fed up with the antics. I was hoping he'd go on the other team so I could take out my frustrations on him. I do get annoyed easily, but generally, if it's just one or two, I'll deal with it and finish the match before I find a new group of players. If everything is annoying me, I play or do something else. It's not worth the frustration.

Only whiny little bitches quit.

That said, while going for the Thorn bounty in Destiny, which requires maintenance of a positive KDR while killing with a specific element type that is largely unavailable on a primary weapon, I did selectively choose which maps I wanted to play to minimise the grind. If a map loaded that had a difficult Heavy Weapon spawn (I was reliant on my Void Machine Gun for the bounty kills), I quit a few times at the start of the match. It's not a big deal as someone else in the match-making queue would jump into the game pretty quickly, but I still felt guilty about it.

Otherwise, no...never, particularly not a rage quit. I prefer to gain that extra scrap of map knowledge than worry about my KDR or Win/Loss record.

Edited by ant1th3s1s