Do you "rage quit" when playing online?

PleaseHoldOn

Ragequitting  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Do you quit when you're losing online?

• Yup, as soon as I realize the game is lost.
    • Nope, I'm a trooper. Stick it out 'til the bitter end.
    • Sometimes, depends on my mood.

Depends on the game. If its a 1v1 thing then i usually have more interest in my W/L records and quitting would mess with that so i dont. For most with multiple though i rarely care about actually winning. There is typically something i find in the game that i want to do and if barred from doing it i will happily back out in search of another session regardless of whether we were winning or losing. 

As far as quitting out of anger though....time stallers or generally slow people in timed things can cause me to yeah. For example Showdown! gives you 2 and a half minutes to make your move every turn....when it should be taking you about 5-10 seconds. Oh you mean theres not a single one of my attacks that wont kill you? K let me think about this for a minute which should i use? Quit so many times. If i wanted to just sit and watch nothing happen id stare at a wall ;_; Tis part of why i stopped playing.

I do not rage quit because ultimately my goal is whatever trophy(ies) I am going for. That being said, like many things in life I don't think its always so black and white. For instance -

In some games, I will drop if I feel I am wasting my time. Take Farcry 4 for instance. I was trying for weeks to get "Changing Lanes". This trophy is for doing a vehicular takedown from the passenger seat in co op. Sound easy right? Fuck no it isnt! I would join a game, help the host for an hour with whatever they are doing and then ask for help with it (which really takes 5 min tops to do) If I wasn't dropped from the session I would be ignored as the host would continue running around shooting stuff CoD style. FINALLY got it two days ago but it was a painful process.

WWE2K16 - this game is absolutely overrun with hackers with modded movesets (and 2K does not give a shit either). Some of these assholes will spam the "airborne superkick" 40-50 times when they can easily pin you after 20 of them. To REALLY piss of trophy hunters, I found out if you are in a session with a modded character, that match DOES NOT count for trophy purposes (remember 2K doesn't give a shit). So I will drop as soon as I see a hacked move occurs but it isn't a rage quit ( or actually, maybe it is:P)

If i have the urge to break something due to game frustration then I have to quit. Usually happens when I play a campaign on hard or I don't know what do to progress in the story. Online? Rarely. Three broken dualshocks later...

Edited by Terra
  • Like 1

Not when playing online. I'm prone to write hatemail after a match every now and then but I don't rage quit. Esp not when playing with other people. Single player, that's another matter. About ten years ago, I broke my big toe kicking an armchair while playing the Darksiders campaign but that was a time where a lot of things in my life where not in order and I believe that was what ultimately made me kick the thing. I had to wear some kind of orthopedic shoe for 5 weeks and that really taught me a lesson. Ever since I'm much more mellow when playing.

Ok, Imma share my worst rage moment with you guys now: At the age of 11 I borrowed a friend's Sega Saturn along with the first Tomb Raider. The last stage (or, one of the last, I don't really remember) had you climbing up a huge chimney-shaped room using platforms. After making my way up there, which took me ages, I arrived at the last ledge only to have a winged demon appear out of nowhere and shove me off the ledge. Lara fell down for about 20 seconds and then formed a neat little pile down in the magma. At this point, I opened the console and started scratching the dics. Like a freaking DJ using a turntable. Well, I probably don't have to point out that the game was ruined after that, I guess I should consider myself lucky I didn't break the console itself. I was shocked by what I had done. Well, at least I did not hesitate to man up and confess what I did to my mate. I had to save my monthly allowence for a little while and paid him back with a new copy of the game. I'm very glad that this moment of weakness did not have an negative effect on our friendship.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, timey77 said:

I opened the console and started scratching the dics. Like a freaking DJ using a turntable. Well, I probably don't have to point out that the game was ruined after that, I guess I should consider myself lucky I didn't break the console itself

I did this when I was a kid too! Couldn't beat the last boss in the Spider-Man game on PS1. It was my cousins game so my mum had to go and buy him a new copy. 

I raged a lot as a kid, probably because I sucked at games back then.

Edit: On topic, I wouldn't quit an online game, even if I was losing. 

Edited by Slipknot_rooney
  • Like 1

I never rage quit. I'd rather be destroyed by the opponent but rage quitting is not an option. 

The only time I rage quit is when I bump into hackers in MW2 ?

I love it when players send you hate messages such as "camper", "lucky" or "hacker". That really highlights their narrow-mindedness.

Edited by Ronie-Pato

I've never rage quit in my life, either in single player or online (not that I play online much anyway). I was competitive and wanted to win for bragging rights when I played with friends when I was younger but of course, those days are long gone. These days if someone's kicking my ass I'll try and win until it's over, even if they're cheating and it's impossible I'll still stay, probably have a laugh about it and move on afterwards. In single player, I often fail so spectacularly that I can't do anything but laugh. Infact some of my best memories are horrifying fails. 

I have to be competitive at work due to the competition from businesses nearby. I'll have to be when I leave uni to get into the field of work I want. Things that go wrong there can piss me off, but games? Nah. I use games as a mode of relaxation, no matter what happens I'll never get mad. Am I not good enough to ever earn that ICO platinum? So be it, some cheating asshole preventing me from getting an online trophy? Meh, have your victory and I'll try somewhere else. 

In short. I generally have fun playing games and earning trophies. I'll save the anger and rage for work :lol:

Edited by FarSideOfSaturn

It highly depends. Normally no, i will stick it out but if the person is modding and giving themselves unfair advantages or if my team is not working together and everyone wants to be the lone wolf and we are about to lose when we havent killed a single one of them. then yeah, ill back out. Unless its one of those two though then i'll stick it out.

I did just once, playing Battleborn and I was killed by the extremely overpowered Rath for like the 20th time. And it seriously takes a lot to make me that angry. I sat through one of the ranked CoD matches as the only player on my team (the rest quit or were disconnected). I just ran around being killed by 5-6 people over and over again.

I almost always try to stick out the match to the bitter end if it's going that bad, that being said, there is one major exception. 

My buddies and I love to go back and play Modern Warfare 2. However, there are so many aimbotters and hackers that sometimes finding a half-decent match is absolutely ridiculous. 

It really depends on my mood more than anything... sometimes I will just rage and leave and sometimes I will leave because I get bored. I also have to quit early when I have to pop out or do something important non gaming related.

It's not really a big deal when people quit, it's just a game at the end of the day.