How to properly use the omega symbol

Satoshi Ookami

It boggles my mind that games like this exist haha can someone who plays these games explain what the appeal is? Can you imagine playing this on the train on the morning commute? 'Tickets please!' 'Give me a second pal, i need to rub this girls ass so her breasts level up'

It boggles my mind that games like this exist haha can someone who plays these games explain what the appeal is? Can you imagine playing this on the train on the morning commute? 'Tickets please!' 'Give me a second pal, i need to rub this girls ass so her breasts level up'

Except that you said train and I did it on the bus while playing Monster Monpiece, yeah, I can imagine myself doing that.

• Like 1

There is a game very similar to this on the vita already, its called Adventure Bar Labyrinth, its under the PlayStation@Mobile section of the online store. For some reason, either the store is down, or gone for good, something about ending on September 15, 2015.

It does not have those cool scenes like the video up above, but the game play mechanics and dungeons look the same, with a slight upgrade to the new game.

Omega Labyrinth, a roguelike RPG 

Can someone explain what "roguelike" means in this context like I'm a child? I've seen it used in quite a few descriptions but have no idea what it's supposed to refer to.

Edit: Questions are supposed to end in the proper punctuation. 

Edited by DaivRules

Can someone explain what "roguelike" means in this context like I'm a child? I've seen it used in quote a few descriptions but have no idea what it's supposed to refer to.

Edit: Questions are supposed to end in the proper punctuation. 

Take a look here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roguelike

ω Actually it looks more like a but. Ω and capital omega looks like a penis.

Ω = capital Omega

This. This is why I'm not fond of Japanese games. There are some fantastic ones, like Soul Sacrifice, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy etc. but then you get games like this with overly sexualized anime girls, who most of the time look underage.

I just don't get the appeal.

I am exactly the same. The gameplay looks like the sort of thing we played on the Gameboy years ago, maybe I have the wrong outlook on it!!

• Like 1

That's some thick reading that doesn't make a very clear explanation.

So some Unix game created in 1980 that likely less than 1% of people here have played called Rogue used procedural generation. Now anything that has any type of procedural generation is referred to as roguelike?

I curse whoever first used the term roguelike. I'm sure it was someone who got really bitter about things being compared to Diablo and they got all pissy and said "Rogue did it first!"

Ah, the things I get worked up over...

So some Unix game created in 1980 that likely less than 1% of people here have played called Rogue used procedural generation. Now anything that has any type of procedural generation is referred to as roguelike?

I curse whoever first used the term roguelike. I'm sure it was someone who got really bitter about things being compared to Diablo and they got all pissy and said "Rogue did it first!"

The first paragraph has a short summary of the important things ;):

Roguelike is a subgenre of role-playing video games, characterized by procedural level generation, turn-based gameplay, tile-based graphics, permanent death of the player-character, and typically based on a high fantasy narrative setting. Roguelikes descend from the 1980 game Rogue, particularly mirroring Rogue'character- or sprite-based graphics. From 2000 onwards, new variations of roguelikes incorporating other gameplay genres, thematic elements and graphical styles have become popular, and are sometimes called "roguelike-like", "rogue-lite", or "procedural death labyrinths" to reflect the variation from titles which mimic the gameplay of traditional roguelikes more faithfully.

If you don't mind watching a 5 minute video, this will explain everything. 

If you want to experience a rogue like game yourself, i suggest you try binding of isaac. The game itself is pretty hard, but the gameplay mechanics are easy to understand and get into.

You never want to just chill and play the game for lulz? =D

So wait, when they level up, their omega symbol gets bigger :huh:?

It probably works for others, but main girl is a pettanko so she doesn't have much of a omega =D

This. This is why I'm not fond of Japanese games. There are some fantastic ones, like Soul Sacrifice, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy etc. but then you get games like this with overly sexualized anime girls, who most of the time look underage.

I just don't get the appeal.

Well... you did mention games that are made with western mentality in mind =D

This is what you would call a true Japanese game :D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Can someone explain what "roguelike" means in this context like I'm a child? I've seen it used in quite a few descriptions but have no idea what it's supposed to refer to.

Roguelike is the RPG with Random Generated Stages and when you die while exploring dungeon, you will start from the beginning of the dungeon or worse, from the scratch. Perfect example for this genre are Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Games, Spelunky and Rogue Legacy.

I want to play it since it's a roguelike, but I don't think I could stomach that much fan service.

^this +1... if this game has less fan service, wouldn't really mind importing this game...

Edited by JeieeM
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...