Defense Tips

Nutrageous69

Does anyone have any good defense tips? I've been stuck in a holding pattern around 2300 dog tags for about 2 weeks now. I managed to get to 2302 one night which gave me an extra 5000 supplies each victory I guess until the season ends in a couple of days, but I'm back down to ~2280 dog tags due to losing every single battle against higher level players.

It seems the only players that attack me and stay in to finish the match so I get credit for it are players that are >150 level and have >4000 dog tags so they destroy my defense it seems pretty easily. I've moved things around and gone by recommended strats for island placement and such but still lose against every opponent that finishes the match.

I just hit level 7 with my command center so I'm still in the process of upgrading defenses which is part of my current problem, but winning for 10-14 points then getting attacked in the time it takes to rebuild my forces for a lose of 12 points and 50K basically puts be at a standstill for dog tags. The only good thing is that I get 90K bonus per win so I am slowing building my forces up but pretty soon I'll need to start saving money to upgrade buildings and the loses will start to hurt very badly.

• 2 years later...

Answering this, since nobody else did, and you still didn't reach 2500. :) I didn't either (playing for 1 month only).

Edit: took me 20 more days to climb from 1900 to 2500.

I think the best solution is to stop worrying too much about the defense and just to enjoy the 16 or 20 hours of camouflage.

Lose 10-14 tags, then win 40-70 tags in a row. This is possible if you keep playing for several hours without a break. You need one hour to retrain/restore troops, or use gold to speed it up. It's easier if your TV supports a PIP (Picture in Picture) mode. Touching your left controller joystick every 1-3 minutes does the job, just ensure it is well charged.

It may take time to find a good enemy to attack. Try those with less dog tags and less resources. From time to time I even discovered easy enemies with strange amount of resources - 60000, 75000, 90000. Not sure how they reached 2100-2600 with a command bunker ranked 5-6. Is it possible the game generates such easy targets to help players?.. Anyway, just attack them, after examining their bases several times and some planning (3 stars is always better than 1 star).

Also, use this useful trick when attacking. If you are going to lose, close the app. Then you only lose the initially deployed unit (up to 4 spaces). If you deploy Hunter or Ranger first, it will not be lost, but if you deploy paratroopers or, say, a ship first, you will need to retrain this unit. It's a good idea to leave 1 non-deployed unit to ensure you will not lose before the time is out.

As of defense tips and strong base layouts, try YouTube. However there is no universal solution.

Edited by Magian00
  • Like 1