A++ Runs

RobThanatos

Nothing but cheese hunts remaining. Time to git gud hopefully. 

So far I'd say zero G < Bagel Races < Rampage < Story for difficulty. Only spent about 2 hours on cheese hunt so we'll see. I like that I don't have to bother with toasting but these times. :o

Edited by Hemiak

Just the garden left for plat. I screwed up and accidentally got Bun-breakable going for Petrol a++. :facepalm: I was saving that so I could pop the plat as. Trophy 7k. Didn't think there was any way I would possibly get it without trying but I had a really smooth run and wasn't paying attention. 

Question for anybody: Is it remotely possible to hit the Lili pad from the  top of the shed? I realize it would be a hell of a jump, I'm just curious if anyone has tried it. If nobody answers I'll definitely give it some tries tonight and see what happens, with and without the shed cheese. I'm pretty comfortable with object glitch jumps so I'm going all in on them to see if I can make the start sections faster. 

Edit : nvm, just saw it done in a few videos. That way looks much better to me. 

Also, screw the packing peanuts in the garage. Don't know how many runs ended because I flipped into the box and there were 2 or 3 on top of the cheese. 

Edited by Hemiak

Fuck this fucking level. Here's my run for anyone attempting this. Hope it helps ?

8 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Just the garden left for plat. I screwed up and accidentally got Bun-breakable going for Petrol a++. :facepalm: I was saving that so I could pop the plat as. Trophy 7k. Didn't think there was any way I would possibly get it without trying but I had a really smooth run and wasn't paying attention. 

Question for anybody: Is it remotely possible to hit the Lili pad from the  top of the shed? I realize it would be a hell of a jump, I'm just curious if anyone has tried it. If nobody answers I'll definitely give it some tries tonight and see what happens, with and without the shed cheese. I'm pretty comfortable with object glitch jumps so I'm going all in on them to see if I can make the start sections faster. 

Edit : nvm, just saw it done in a few videos. That way looks much better to me. 

Also, screw the packing peanuts in the garage. Don't know how many runs ended because I flipped into the box and there were 2 or 3 on top of the cheese. 

Fuck packing peanuts, mousetraps, lillypads, rubber ducks, skateboards, Irons, toasters, bowling pins, random wind effects..... I could go on haha. 

Good luck man. You got this.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Alrighty, the only thing I need left to A++ is Cheese Hunt Garden...I guess where the REAL fun begins. So far the stage that's been the biggest pain in the ass was Cheese Hunt garage. I had to sleep on that one after many retries until I could go back at it the next day again, but I did manage to pull through.

Here's my first ever set of videos that I recorded (kinda regret not doing this for SMB and others) on the A++ Cheese Hunts so far, except for the kitchen stage since I did that one already earlier before I decided to start recording. Not the best performances on some of these, but they got the job done:

Lounge:

Bedroom:

Bathroom:

Garage:

Petrol Station:

Perhaps these can help those who are struggling on any of these stages as well.

Fawk. Yeah!!! I finally pulled this son of a bitch of a stage off! :D

Definitely one of the most annoying challenges I had to do in a game so far. Even though most of my runs failed during my jump to the lilypad or the jump from the lilypad to the concrete, the most annoying screw up was whenever I couldn't make it on top of the damn garbage can, or jumping from the garbage can to the plant. This was probably because of failing a run from a "simpler" task right after getting through the hardest part that made it really annoying.

Btw, do NOT do what I do at 1:52 and jump straight to the pole...you will NOT be able to stick and probably bounce somewhere you shouldn't...I got lucky that I didn't end up somewhere I couldn't recover. Aim for the brick wall like you'll see in other vids...not sure what I was thinking there. ? Also if you can, try grabbing (not collecting) the cheese on the car if you're in position or able to do so before jumping off of it. You can shave off a few seconds or more by gliding towards the last cheese than if you were to just jump off the car and travel regularly on the ground as this could give you some leeway on time at the end when you start climbing the boxes to the last cheese.

Good luck to anyone else attempting this stage. At first you'll probably feel that mostly luck will be needed in order to A++ this, but you'll notice that you'll start getting better with your technique and making less and less mistakes and start feeling that this IS indeed possible, and a lucky enough run will start to feel inevitable. This took me probably around 200-300 tries (maybe even more) before I hit success, so a huge amount of practice and patience is required.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Finally got this. Thanks to Abu_7aswh's trophy guide and thanks to everyone who motivated me. I gave this up about a year ago.  I threw the controller by the end, luckily it didn't went to the xmb so I was able to save the video. I can now sleep after 3 days of nightmare. 

• Like 3