Borderlands Movie In The Works

Goro

It's official: there's a Borderlands movie in the works.

Variety reports Lionsgate, the company behind the Hunger Games movies, is developing the movie based on Gearbox's shooter series, with producers Avi and Ari Arad involved. The producer pair have worked on Iron Man, Spider-Man, X-Men, Ghost Rider and Blade movies.

"The 'Borderlands' games don't pull any punches, and we'll make the movie with the same in-your-face attitude that has made the series a blockbuster mega-franchise," commented Lionsgate Motion Picture Group Co-Chairs Rob Friedman and Patrick Wachsberger.

There's no word yet on who's directing or who's set to star in the Borderlands movie.

What do you guys think? Good idea or not?

Edited by Blackbeard

I love Borderlands but idk about this, I think the reason gearbox made the game with it's cartoonish feel was because you could beilive it more with the cell shaded looked vs the realistic look, which is what a Borderlands movie would be.- I just can't be sure, I'd love it to be awesome but not sold that they could make it work.

• 4 years later...

Time to dig up this old ass thread.

I'm by no means a fan of video games getting film adaptions, but my favorite actress is confirmed to star in the Borderlands movie. So, I sure am a little hyped now! 

She'll play Lilith who never seemed like a middle-aged woman to me tbh. Makes you wonder what the rest of the cast is gonna be ?

• 2 weeks later...