The Taken King achievement/trophy list

Aranea Highwind

Easy enough to convince the trophy hunters to make the purchase, not too hard to just be a walkover.

I'm looking forward to going back to Destiny, mechanically it is the best shooter I've played.  Content wise it's the most sparse and stretched.

I'm hopeful that this will fill out the flesh a little, and I also hope that they do something to make the old content attractive to veterans.  True MMORPGs find ways to make the older content relevant - such as different appearance items or tokens that drop that can be exchanged for higher level items.

If not, Taken King won't have much more to do than the base than spin its wheels in one raid for a year again.

The Taken King DLC trophies are not story missions. All of the Quest related trophies are multi-step quest lines which will require specific accomplishments in various destinations. The Quest Lines provided in the new Trophies are considered some of the End Game Activities unlocked by completing the Story Line. Most of the Quest Step's will not be able to be completed until earning specific items and currencies from The Taken King and will require Fireteam Groups to complete among solo activities. The Exotic Bounty system was the beginning of the Quest System although less involved than the new design. Some of these steps will be relatively simple to complete while others will be more time consuming involving group boss's, unknown activities, and requirements just as the Bounty system has used in the past. Although not all of the Quest Lines have trophies oriented around them, these are specifically designed for Taken King Content as other Quest Lines are for Base Game and Expansion Owners. 

The Taken King Quest line is for completing the Primary Story line for The Taken King. 

Night Court Quest Line is for completing patrol activities in the Court Of Oryx.

Stormcaller's Path Quest Line is for completing warlock accomplishments.

Sunbreaker's Challenge Quest Line is for completing Titan accomplishments.

Nightstalker's Trail Quest Line is for completing Hunter accomplishments.

Other Quest lines have not yet been fully detailed.

Edited by ChaoticDoomOfBob

I hope there's more than 8 quests, coz they kinda promised us more than everything else combined iirc.

I'd like to think there's plenty more than what the trophy list shows us. If not, they've been over-selling this DLC in terms of the amount of content.

I hope there's more than 8 quests, coz they kinda promised us more than everything else combined iirc.

Looks easy enough except for the raid can't wait to play this

That's surprisingly easy

Compared to vanilla Destiny trophies...maybe. This isn't finish eight story missions and complete both raid difficulties to get 100%. The quests are supposed to be fairly long and will take you through pve and pvp. That's not to say this will be insurmountable. I'm just thinking you may be underestimating the short trophy list.

Thank goodness there's not another flawless raider or reach (near) perfect grimoire score, but there's still going to be a lot that new guardians will have to do to get this 100% as it is still end game content and you'll need all three classes to finish up. I'm sure the hard raid won't be a walk in the park either because we'll more than likely be out leveled by most of the adds and the final boss (at least until the next expansion).

• Like 1

I'm thinking all Bronze except for one Silver ("The Taken King" quest) and one Gold ("King's Fall" on Heroic). Like others have said, this is a simple list, but we also don't know what those quest lines will exactly entail. Easy? We'll have to see. Simple, though? Absolutely.

Compared to vanilla Destiny trophies...maybe. This isn't finish eight story missions and complete both raid difficulties to get 100%. The quests are supposed to be fairly long and will take you through pve and pvp. That's not to say this will be insurmountable. I'm just thinking you may be underestimating the short trophy list.

Thank goodness there's not another flawless raider or reach (near) perfect grimoire score, but there's still going to be a lot that new guardians will have to do to get this 100% as it is still end game content and you'll need all three classes to finish up. I'm sure the hard raid won't be a walk in the park either because we'll more than likely be out leveled by most of the adds and the final boss (at least until the next expansion).

I'd rather hope they don't force PVP into the quests, so I hope that was a mistake on your part. Sorry. Though I do remember now them saying they will be long quest chains, so maybe each might be 5 or 6 missions long, and then you get the quest chain trophy. 

• Like 1

Totally worth 70 dollars right

I got the game at release and bought the first expansion at the same time, so I paid $95 last year. With the addition of $40 for TTK, I've invested over $135. I'd say $70 is a fair price for what I've already paid double for. I like the game and I've spent well over a thousand hours on it and still play it weekly even though I got the plat last November.

I think that the majority trophy hunters judge the price for a game or its DLC solely based on trophy content. I prefer to look at it in hours spent. Not only in how long it'll take me to achieve 100%, but how long I'll enjoy playing it after trophies aren't a motivation.

I'd rather hope they don't force PVP into the quests, so I hope that was a mistake on your part. Sorry. Though I do remember now them saying they will be long quest chains, so maybe each might be 5 or 6 missions long, and then you get the quest chain trophy.

Maybe...maybe not. I could be wrong, but that's the rumor.

I don't think it's that much of a stretch as the idea for quests were based off of exotic bounties such as the Thorn that require both PvE and PvP to complete.

• Like 1

Based on what they've said there are about 8 main story quests, then "all" the side quests and class-specific quests. Whatever that might mean. I hope they're not just "go here, wait while I do some shit with my ghost, survive waves of enemies, door opens, run for a bit, repeat" quests. And a few cut scenes with Nolan North B)