Annoying experiences with trolls.

PureLuxiix

Spams or just weird trolls that can bother you a lot. What stuff that related to trolls which were bad experience happened to you? Lol to me not much and usually trolls intend to make me laugh because of how hard they try to insult you or something. Just like to hear your side of the stories guys! :)

• Like 1

So I don't know if this experience counts or not, and I guess in the end I somehow became a troll(...?), but either way:

When I used to play Guild Wars 2, there was this one annoying guy who constantly stood around in Lion's Arch (one of the most populated main cities of the game) and spammed Map Chat, spreading false lies and rumors about how to cheat the trading post and things of that sort. He also had a habit of trying to teach newcomers in the game all the wrong things about the class that they were playing and such just for the hell of it. One time, he was trying to pull a simple prank on someone, telling him that if he was experience FPS issues, he should hold down the Alt key for about 10 seconds, and then press F4 to refresh his vertical sync to fix the frame rate. At this point I was tired of seeing only him talk in Map Chat and I decided to respond by saying "dude don't you know that ArenaNet made this game to prevent trolls like you from messing around with others? Alt+F4 doesn't work in this game." A minute or two  later I got about 20+ angry whispers telling me to go die...

• Like 1

Sometimes in Wow and some other mmorpgs after you beat someone in Pvp they claim you cheated and stalk you forever for a rematch, then when you lose you're a retard kid and a loser. Also sometimes in dungeons some people just want to ruin everyone's fun by not doing team work. They just solo and do whatever they want, then when everyone dies it's everyone elses fault for being a n00b. :D 

• Like 1

I used to play a lot fighting games when younger. Then I had a really long break. 

I decided it was about a time to get back in Blazblue, thought I'd start playing online as it's fun way to remember things again. Little did I know that I would end up stalked by a troll. "you suck" "stop playing fighting games" "you have platinum in previous game but it means nothing" and other more rude spam to my inbox. He would search me in player matches and ranked, to send angry pm to me. I stopped playing for a while.

I got back to Blazblue later, and for fun decided to learn how to abuse beginner mode against not-so-skilled players. I had this easily counterable combo as Tager, that if not known how to counter would end round without me getting hit. I started getting angry messages again, but as I kinda deserved them this time, I kept playing for a while and laughing at messages I got. I called my strategy "TROLLLLL-TAGERRRRR". 

I really need to wrap my backlog a bit and get back into fighting games. :S

Edited by theJJ88
  • Like 1

Pretty much the trolls out there who just troll because they're trolls, then there are the humans who think they know you because of the comments that you make when they're just opinions and begin to judge you out of internet answers. and they haven't even met you person and see what you do to help this economy.

WTF really

Edited by Titan Balls
  • Like 2

Trolls bring us together in these dark & lonely times. I don't hate them, If they're going to troll me. They better be funny when I'm gaming.

haha im like that too! Edited by MissLuxii

Firstly, MissLuxii you can add me ANYTIME! ;)  and anyone else actually!  :lol: 

Secondly, if you ever want some trolls to harass you, just play a Fighting game such as Marvel vs Capcom! I used to play a lot online with a seriously annoying team that I put together, including Sentinel who would just shoot continuously! If the fighter tried to jump, I would shoot high. If they ducked, I would shoot low. If they managed to somehow get close to me, I would use Dante's blast and send them flying back to the other side of the screen, where Sentinel would start shooting them again! :D  They got SO annoyed, everyone I faced would just RAGE Quit! Then they would send me a message saying how " gay " I was and that I had no skill! :facepalm:  This used to happen like all the time, until I eventually got bored of the game.

But to me it really was the funniest thing Ever! xD 

Firstly, MissLuxii you can add me ANYTIME! ;) and anyone else actually! :lol:

Secondly, if you ever want some trolls to harass you, just play a Fighting game such as Marvel vs Capcom! I used to play a lot online with a seriously annoying team that I put together, including Sentinel who would just shoot continuously! If the fighter tried to jump, I would shoot high. If they ducked, I would shoot low. If they managed to somehow get close to me, I would use Dante's blast and send them flying back to the other side of the screen, where Sentinel would start shooting them again! :D They got SO annoyed, everyone I faced would just RAGE Quit! Then they would send me a message saying how " gay " I was and that I had no skill! :facepalm: This used to happen like all the time, until I eventually got bored of the game.

But to me it really was the funniest thing Ever! xD

aww thanks! Lol.. Iove my marvel vs capcom lol yeah they are some immature people there =\

I notice you are Greek too!I love greece beautiful country!

Edited by MissLuxii
  • Like 1

I was playing Dark Souls on NG+ and was fighting a tough battle against a Gargoyle in Anor Londo. It was a small bridge and the Gargoyle's tail sweep attacks could easily knock me off and instantly kill me. While fighting for my life, I was invaded by another player, it was the worst timing ever. I thought for sure that the red phantom would take the opportunity to attack me while the Gargoyle was using its axe-tail to sweep the bridge. But the red phantom ran away in the opposite direction. I hoped it was a newbie that didn't know the rules about invasion. So I threw caution to the wind and went full offense. Killed the Gargoyle, quickly healed myself, and faced the red phantom. The player was just spamming parries to counter-attack, but the timing was all wrong. After a few hits he ran away to heal himself and I scored a backstab for critical damage and killed him. I was correct about him being a new player. After that I got a message from the player saying I hacked the game, because the parries didn't work and there was no way I could be that strong. After that he kept messaging me and call me a cheater and a lot of other things. I ignored him for now and thought to deal with it later.

A while later I got invaded by the same player (what are the odds) and wanted to have some fun. I went to a hidden room, which is completely dark and equipped a fog ring to become invisible. The dark room made it almost impossible to find me. After that I kept sending things like "you can't find me", "over here", "getting closer... in your dreams", and "behind you!". After about 5 minutes I started getting replies back (I was again accused of cheating, because he couldn't find me) and I told him I'd explain everything if he'd find me. I waited for him to get near the hidden room, send another message, and while he was busy typing a reply, I finished him off. Messaged him he'd found me and explained that invading others means you can also invade strong players that are in the level range. After that I added him to the block list. It was totally worth it to hide for about 8 minutes and taunt that gamer.

You are a devil.  :lol: Especially the '' Getting closer...in your dreams''.

Edited by Souls_BaKer

Experiences with trolls? Plenty. I can name a good one from a little while back though. This was back when MGO 2 was around, and people started doing the whole DDOSing and shit.. well it turns out that I was being targeted almost all the time, because I called one of the DDOSers a no lifer and he has no skill in this game at all.

Needless to say it ruined my fun because the game was wrapping up to close and I seriously just wanted to get him in a match and show how shit he was.. but wait, people glitched and DDOSed because they knew they would lose. :|

I seriously hope MGO 3 isn't like this.. I actually want a nice community, but hey you can go back to MGO 2 right now if you have a jailbroken PS3.

Edited by Cielle

Main reason I stopped playing Evolve was trolls, Most of the time what they would do is enter a match with you and be playing medic or trapper- from here they dome the team to prevent anyone from hunting the monster or if they are the medic will never heal you and dance around your corpse.- It got to annoying so I don't hardly play it anymore.

Edited by Dashie

Fighting Vicar Amelia in the first week of release of Bloodborne, underleveled so I'd summon a phantom.

Not only did they manage to waste my insight, idling right before the boss fog just to see you struggle with fighting Amelia and her doubled defense because of Co op play is kinda lame

Trolls are annoying. That is why I learn how to defeat them.

"How to Defeat a Troll

Trolls have just a few weaknesses that can be of aid to humans when they are trying to defeat them. Basically, there are three ways to defeat a troll. It can be outwitted, brought into the sunshine, which will cause it to turn to stone, or the hero can use crosses or sacred property to ward it off. Not all trolls will perish if they enter a church. Some just suffer great discomfort allowing time for the hero to accomplish his goal.

Because trolls do not posses a great deal of intelligence, humans are able to outwit them. Even young children can do this if they are a bit clever themselves. Throughout the troll folktales one can find examples of the hero or heroine’s own cleverness when they come upon the troll. The plan is usually one that is developed over a period of time as Trolls do have some intelligence and cannot be outwitted quickly. The hero generally develops relationships with animals and nature and is able to use them to carry out his plan. A good example of this is the story “The Boy Who Became a Lion, a Falcon and an Ant by Lise Lunge-Larson.(Lunge-Larsen 1999) Along the hero’s path, he encounters the animals in the title. Each is desperate for food and asks for the hero's help. The hero must make hard decisions and trust these characters to be successful in his quest. As a result, when the hero reaches the troll and needs some assistance these animals come to his aid and give him the powers that he needs to complete his mission. This is a common theme and happens in many of the tales.

A troll does not go knowingly into the sun. Often he has to be outwitted by the hero to bring him to the location desired. The hero frequently spends much time talking with the troll and then tricks the troll into turning toward the sunrise. The troll then turns to stone.

In Per Dala and the Horse by Rebecca Hickok(Hickox 1995) sacred grounds are employed and crosses dug across a large field to slow down and eventually stop the onslaught of many trolls once the hero has stolen a golden chalice to return to the church. The three brothers in this story all use sacred grounds and crosses for aids but only the youngest and cleverest is able to succeed. In "Sailors and the Troll"(Lunge-Larson 1999) a young maiden avoids an amorous troll by sitting in a church each time he comes to court her. Other tales have reference to the church and crosses that give the hero some advantage over the troll."

http://ccb.lis.illinois.edu/Projects/storytelling/jvmccaff/defeat.html

When you've been playing league of legends for as long as i have, the game notorious for having the worst community ever, you grow accustomed to trolls. You can either waste your own time trying to ruin their experience as well, which is most of the time what they want you to try, or you can just ignore them. Personally i choose the latter... 

Edited by Zone Hunter

I don't know if this counts as trolling but the closest experience that I can remember is when I was playing control in Destiny. I was having an awesome match (Like top player, 10 kill-streak) I was so happy but I knew that it was partially luck and/or the fact I was against people who were either not trying or were new to the game.

After the match was completed, I received a message from someone on the other team. The message was "Nice Lag Switch."

Being the person I am, and knowing that this person clearly couldn't accept the fact that I beat him fair and square, I responded with "Thanks! Glad to see it's working ;)" I received no message back.

I guess I am at that point to where simply denying it doesn't seem to work for me anymore. I always get messages back with something along the lines of "yea okay cheater." or the classic "1 V 1 me and let's see who wins!"

I used to get a ton of hassle when I used to play Uncharted 2 multiplayer. I think I lost a year of my life to that game lol. Just your usual horrible messages, or chat over the mic, the same old drivel most of the time, however one individual would send me some really effd up often threatening messages, then after blocking them they made other accounts to do the same thing, this went on for several months, then they found me on other social media, youtube was one, and continued there, that was really horrible and the worst experience i've had. What must be up with their life I wonder o.O

I changed my message settings to 'friends only' ages ago and i've never had any trouble since  :angel:

Although lately (since i got my PS4) I keep getting added to these group chats full of other female players only, i think i need to revise my friend list  :hmm: I accept almost anyone who adds me, that's the problem  :facepalm:

I'm not sure who the troll was here, but while playing Dark Souls 2, I wanted to max out my covenant for the rat. So, I set up my rat catcher, hid out behind a golem, and blasted anyone who showed up. Cheap? Sure, but it is effective.

However, this one guy just kept playing my world. He kept losing, and he kept spamming nasty messages to me. I felt bad for him, but I really wanted to max out that covenant. So, he kept showing up, and I kept killing him. Over. And over. And over. I think he sent me a total of 17 messages.

I remember playing NFS The Run and trying to win a series of races for a tough trophy in the Italian pack (tough for me anyway, I hate online trophies) and someone spent a few races trying to ram me into the wall (only me, which is annoying) so I shook him off and unintentionally made him crash into a pole off the highway and he threw a tantrum (annoying, but funny)