Ashley snaps trophy problem resolved

Hayades

The "Ashley snaps" trophy, which many thought was glitched, seems to have been resolved thanks to user killervz2. This is what he wrote:

I thought the trophy glitched for me as well, however, I believe there are more than 2 steps. The trophy popped for me, followed by the platinum, after choosing to shoot Emily and then reading the journal and telling the truth.
So here are the steps to try this method.

1. Choose to shoot Ashley when the saw blades are lowering.
2. Have Emily survive the wendigo chase by not failing QTE's and getting her bitten by the wendigo.
3. Survive the QTE's during the trip back as Chris from checking on Josh until Ashley let's him die.
4. Have Mike shoot Emily.
5. Tell the truth about how the bites are not infectious. Trophy pops soon after.

This is exactly what I did while just experimenting with possible solutions and it worked for me.

Try these steps and let us know if they work for you.

This method worked for me and another user. I thought that the name of the trophy, "Ashley snaps", meant that she snaps at Chris in anger and lets him die but I think it means that her minds snaps from being responsible for the death of both Chris and Emily.

Edited by Hayades
  • Like 2

Worked fine for me from just doing the "shoot Ashley" choice as it popped at Chris dying so this would appear to just be a workaround or an extra possibility to get the trophy, not the exact requirement.

Yea it's probably just an extra way to get it. Just re-checked the trophy info and it just says that Ash let's Chris die, no mention of Emily. But hey, it works :D

You're the first person I saw saying that the trophy popped right when Chris died. Everyone else says it pops at the end of chapter after reading the book (even when they claim they just did the gun choice).

Edited by Hayades

Yea it's probably just an extra way to get it. Just re-checked the trophy info and it just says that Ash let's Chris die, no mention of Emily. But hey, it works :D

You're the first person I saw saying that the trophy popped right when Chris died. Everyone else says it pops at the end of chapter after reading the book (even when they claim they just did the gun choice).

Actually, you can just disregard everything I said :P I forgot Emily dies in the same chapter if you shoot her, so what I said was actually meaningless xD And yeah, the trophy popped at the end of the chapter which for some reason I remembered being right after the death of Chris.

Actually, you can just disregard everything I said :P I forgot Emily dies in the same chapter if you shoot her, so what I said was actually meaningless xD And yeah, the trophy popped at the end of the chapter which for some reason I remembered being right after the death of Chris.

You might of been thinking of the trophy you get for pointing your gun at and shooting Ashley. That one pops right away.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Old thread but the trophy popped for me when I was following the 'This is THE End' path. Chose to shoot Ashley, and even killed Emily during Episode 8 by failing all the QTEs, so she doesn't even make it to the hotel. Then, did all the QTEs as Chris, and shortly after Ash reads the journal it popped.

I wonder if the timing of the trophy is actually supposed to refer to when her mind "snaps" at the realization of all the crazy shit going down when she reads the journal, not the point at which she chooses to "betray" Chris, cos really, Chris chose to kill her in the first place, so this is more of a revenge killing if anything.

I also got both "Let eM In" and "The Exorcism of Emily" on prior playthroughs before this. 

It could just be buggy and has a delayed pop, but that's my two cents. Hope this helps others.

Edited by easterkeke