Smart trophy list

TheYuriG

Ascendant is releasing September 8th at the $10 price tag. There is discount for the first week or so, though.

The devs for this game says this is a rogue-lite brawler game, but there are some twists with the blessing system and such. They have pointed that Guacamelee has been the graphical inspiration for the game (like, really?).

Bla bla bla, but the thing is: LOOK AT THIS GOURGEOUS TROPHY LIST!

This is perfect, I don't remember laughing so much at a list like this ever since I saw the Doge trophy at Escape Dead Island.

If they were as creative implementing stuff on the game as they were doing the list, it should be a very good game to play (opposed to Escape Dead Island... :().

Is anyone getting this game?

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1

who cares about graphics, lol as long it good it can have crappy graphic. I will still play it lol

I've never played or stayed away from a game because of graphics, if a game is good it will be played.

The graphics don't even look that bad. Why make such a stupid thread title? Guess people care more about trophy images than the game these days.

Yuri, I'm disappointed in this topic title :( Graphics aren't everything.

Anyways, trophy list is interesting. The requirements themselves aren't that original or creative, but I like the images and some of the trophy names are funny ^^

I'm disappointed that none of you 4 bothered to read the very first line of my post.

But the question is: Is it fun?

Graphics are ugly, but it doesn't matter if the game is good. I also thought that the graphics for Lone Survivor were shit, but I enjoyed the game thoroughly. Also, I stated my pure oppinion and it should not be taken as truth in any extend.

I'm disappointed that none of you 4 bothered to read the very first line of my post.

Graphics are ugly, but it doesn't matter if the game is good. I also thought that the graphics for Lone Survivor were shit, but I enjoyed the game thoroughly. Also, I stated my pure oppinion and it should not be taken as truth in any extend.

I did read that though :P I specifically said I was disappointed with the title after all, not the content of your post. "Graphics aren't everything" is in response to the dislike of graphics making up 1/3 of the topic title, which is what quite a few people will generally base their replies on going by usual forum behavior (just look at forum games, lots of users don't bother to read the first posts and will thus fail to play certain forum games correctly).

• Like 1

I did read that though :P I specifically said I was disappointed with the title after all, not the content of your post. "Graphics aren't everything" is in response to the dislike of graphics making up 1/3 of the topic title, which is what quite a few people will generally base their replies on going by usual forum behavior (just look at forum games, lots of users don't bother to read the first posts and will thus fail to play certain forum games correctly).

That's alright, I think I should change that. I honestly did not expect to see people getting pissed off by a minor criticism I did on the title, when I pointed out other better stuff in the topic, including the trophy list which I thought was amazing.

EDIT: changed it.

Edited by TheYuriG

To me the game's graphical style looks gorgeous. But I do agree that the trophy list is beautiful. They really gave some thought in to it and constructed a nice set. I wish more developers did that. Not like some where they basically go: -What should we call the platinum trophy? -Meh, how about 'Platinum Trophy'?