"They All Live"... I blew it... *Minor Spoilers*

T_Y_fly_guy12

So I just finished my my second playthrough, going for the "They all live" trophy. I did everything right. EVERYTHING. Then, at the very end, back in the lodge full of Wendigos... I blew it. The very final "hold still" QTE... idk, the light bar just drifted out of the zone, it didnt feel like i moved at all but there it was. Sam got killed IMMEDIATELY. It was the very last ever controller input before the credits, thats how close I was. No I have to go all the way back to episode 6 and replay the exact same thing just so I can get the trophy. Just thought I'd share my sad, sad story with you people. Fuck this "episode select" system.

actually u could just replay the episode it does save al ur progress up to where u are lol so really u should just need to redo the last chapter

but i gotta say and this is gunna really hurt  u coulda just quit out of ur game the last bit is all 1 save death or not so it woulda put u right back to the point u and mike entered the lodge i reloaded that save to get both kill all and the one for the lightswitch right off

Damn that sucks. Kinda glad I didn't buy this. Also why the fuck did this get a platnium. I mean comon I have seen dlc with more trophies than this!

It has a platinum due to the number of trophy points it's all worth. It may have less in quantity, but as most are silver and gold, they're worth more.

So I just finished my my second playthrough, going for the "They all live" trophy. I did everything right. EVERYTHING. Then, at the very end, back in the lodge full of Wendigos... I blew it. The very final "hold still" QTE... idk, the light bar just drifted out of the zone, it didnt feel like i moved at all but there it was. Sam got killed IMMEDIATELY. It was the very last ever controller input before the credits, thats how close I was. No I have to go all the way back to episode 6 and replay the exact same thing just so I can get the trophy. Just thought I'd share my sad, sad story with you people. Fuck this "episode select" system.

But the Episode Select specifically will help you here. As some said above, you can just replay the last episode and save Sam this time, it remembers your past choices up to that point so you don't need to replay from episode 6 again. Alternatively (or in case you mess up again), just quit the game before the credits are over and you can resume at the last checkpoint (which is when Sam & Mike decide to go check if anyone is still in the basement).

You can also close down the application right after you die, then start the game again and you'll play from the last checkpoint (when Mike and Sam go into the lodge). That's how i saved time to get the inferno trophy. I finished my playthrough killing everyone, the moment the trophy popped i closed the application and restarted from the checkpoint previously mentioned.

Well I guess my game glitched out. I had a very similar situation, screwed up at the very end. I loaded the last chapter again after I finished it and it undid everything that I did when I replayed the last 5 chapters. 

Copied from my guide 

Note on Episode Select - If you need to go back and get a trophy after a playthrough, you can mop up remaining trophies and endings by using episode select. However if you start with an episode you need to play until the end of the game to make sure your new decisions will stick. For example, if you replay episode 6, make some choices, and skip episode 7 to jump right into episode 8 using the episode menu. Then all of your new decisions from episode 6 will be reverted back to your original choices. 

Everytime you start from another episode, your choices will revert back to your original playthrough. You replays' choices do not save.

I played until the very end of the game the second time through episode select, doesn't that mean that it should have saved?

No, it'll always revert back to your original playthrough choices. If you failed the last part, the best option was to close the application, start it back up again and use "continue". Then you only had to replay the last checkpoint/episode.

No, it'll always revert back to your original playthrough choices. If you failed the last part, the best option was to close the application, start it back up again and use "continue". Then you only had to replay the last checkpoint/episode.

Well I'm not doing all that again. Oh well.

I played until the very end of the game the second time through episode select, doesn't that mean that it should have saved?

For what it's worth, if this is true, the guide really isn't clear about it...

"Note on Episode Select - If you need to go back and get a trophy after a playthrough, you can mop up remaining trophies and endings by using episode select. However if you start with an episode you need to play until the end of the game to make sure your new decisions will stick. For example, if you replay episode 6, make some choices, and skip episode 7 to jump right into episode 8 using the episode menu. Then all of your new decisions from episode 6 will be reverted back to your original choices."

The bolded really makes it sound like as long as you finish the game, you can use episode select to have your new decisions stick.  However, in this topic (quoted above) the person you responded to sounded like he used episode select and played to the end of the game, but you're saying it'll revert back to the original choices no matter what.

Episode select sounds like it doesn't really help much with mopping up the remaining endings...

For what it's worth, if this is true, the guide really isn't clear about it...

"Note on Episode Select - If you need to go back and get a trophy after a playthrough, you can mop up remaining trophies and endings by using episode select. However if you start with an episode you need to play until the end of the game to make sure your new decisions will stick. For example, if you replay episode 6, make some choices, and skip episode 7 to jump right into episode 8 using the episode menu. Then all of your new decisions from episode 6 will be reverted back to your original choices."

The bolded really makes it sound like as long as you finish the game, you can use episode select to have your new decisions stick.  However, in this topic (quoted above) the person you responded to sounded like he used episode select and played to the end of the game, but you're saying it'll revert back to the original choices no matter what.

Episode select sounds like it doesn't really help much with mopping up the remaining endings...

It does help. Its just that once you start with an episode through episode select you need to play till the end of the game, without skipping episodes, in order to get a new ending.

It does help. Its just that once you start with an episode through episode select you need to play till the end of the game, without skipping episodes, in order to get a new ending.

Got it... your choices don't save (so you can't jump from episode to episode and see them via episode select) but as long as you start an episode and play it through to the end, then that particular playthrough will obviously adapt.

If you start and complete a new game from scratch (not via episode select), then that would "fix" the choices made when selecting via episode select.

I appreciate the clarification.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

So when i saved Matt this time, the trophy for 'they all live' never popped? According to this thread the trophy pops once when you've rectified your mistake. Also do you have to play the game from ep 6 to finish to get the 'the quicker man' trophy? Jesus i've actually made this game longer than it needs to be  :facepalm:

Edited by EternalChaos72