Uncharted storyline

I have a real quick question about the story.

I got Uncharted: Golden Abyss in a bundle when i got my Vita but i haven't finished the story on Uncharted 1 and i haven't even started Uncharted 2 and i don't even OWN Uncharted 3... So my question is do i need to know any of the back story of 1, 2 or 3 to play the Vita title? where does the storyline fit?

I have a real quick question about the story.

I got Uncharted: Golden Abyss in a bundle when i got my Vita but i haven't finished the story on Uncharted 1 and i haven't even started Uncharted 2 and i don't even OWN Uncharted 3... So my question is do i need to know any of the back story of 1, 2 or 3 to play the Vita title? where does the storyline fit?

No you don't need any backstory (although it is probably preferable), as Uncharted Golden Abyss being a prequel, takes place before Uncharted Drakes Fortune (Uncharted 1). :)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Uncharted is an amazing game. Personally,2 and 3 are my favorites,but I found 1 to be the most challenging. It seemed harder than the rest. Golden Abyss was fun,I think it's one of the best games out for the vita. But like the person above said,Sully is really the only person in the game that you would need to know from the other games to really understand what they are talking about. Sully is the best. xD