Miku comes to PS4! Project Diva X and Future Tone Discussion

^Ai no Uta and Sea Lily Deep Sea Tale  :wub: 

You really want to know what you need to do for plat? :awesome:. Better clear the game first before open this :awesome:.

Collect all modules (~300 types)

Max friendship with 6 people (10 levels)

Clear all quests on all difficulties (include Extreme with 3 challenge items)

Unlocking all diva room events (present items drop randomly, no purchases)

There's no confusion, just the lack of confirmation xD. But now it's pretty much fixed.

forgot to reply on this one... is it really necessary for the plat?

forgot to reply on this one... is it really necessary for the plat?

Just believe it :awesome:.

yup, there's an event that unlocks after clearing every single area and event quest available. this is without a doubt the most challenging Project Diva platinum by a considerable margin. it's quite a jump from the first 2 Project Divas. not only do you have to clear all songs on extreme, but you have to do them all again with the 3 challenge items. i definitely welcome this, as it certainly hurt my pride more than once and challenged me to git gud get better. i still just wish they handled the module and present system better. both are now at 99% for me and nothing new has dropped in the last 3 hours. the amount of modules for Miku alone is just ridiculous haha. 

speaking of gifts and events though, it looks like the item interaction event list for PDX is mostly the same as it was for PDF2. i've been following along with it and it's working out very well. and one more thing, when you give an item that unlocks an interaction event when the vocaloid requests a gift, the event will not trigger. you have to give the gift on your own. on the plus side though, once an event plays, it won't play again. this is awesome when it comes to items with multiple events like the sketchbook.

Edited by slash
  • Like 1

yup, there's an event that unlocks after clearing every single area and event quest available. this is without a doubt the most challenging Project Diva platinum by a considerable margin. it's quite a jump from the first 2 Project Divas. not only do you have to clear all songs on extreme, but you have to do them all again with the 3 challenge items. i definitely welcome this, as it certainly hurt my pride more than once and challenged me to git gud get better. i still just wish they handled the module and present system better. both are now at 99% for me and nothing new has dropped in the last 3 hours. the amount of modules for Miku alone is just ridiculous haha. 

speaking of gifts and events though, it looks like the item interaction event list for PDX is mostly the same as it was for PDF2. i've been following along with it and it's working out very well. and one more thing, when you give an item that unlocks an interaction event when the vocaloid requests a gift, the event will not trigger. you have to give the gift on your own. on the plus side though, once an event plays, it won't play again. this is awesome when it comes to items with multiple events like the sketchbook.

Some tips for farming:

-Present drop rate seems to be based on song, so playing each song 2-3 times will be better than focusing on- one song only.

-Songs with the same element has higher chance dropping normal modules. Special lives has higher chance dropping rare modules. New modules UP skill shines here.

Anyway the grinding for friendship points are long enough for you to get everything eventually, unless you have terrible bad luck :P.

Edited by hanamihana0112
  • Like 1

90 hours and still 4 friendship levels left. I really regret not giving them present sooner and now every item counts :(.

do you know of any songs that drop Miku Append and Supreme more often than others, if any? according to the module list earlier, they are random drops so i highly doubt it.... those are the only 2 modules i've needed for the last 3 days and neither have dropped, so i'm starting to get really frustrated. at this rate i'm going to max out Miku's affinity before getting them. even with new module Lv 4 apparently to this game, giving me the same Rare module 3 straight songs is likelier....ugh

edit: so while burned out, i was scrolling through the event quest list and realized that i completely forgot that there are special quests that increase the likelihood of dropping a rare module of a specific element. i tried out the one with that drops rare neutral modules more often with new module LV 4 and it dropped Miku Append immediately. i haven't gotten Supreme yet, but i have extremely high confidence that it'll drop will soon. so huge tip, if there's a rare module that's a random drop, go to the appropriate event quest and equip new module LV 4 for the last vocaloid. i don't recommend doing this early since event quests only drop 1 item at the end while area quests drop max 5 on extreme, but when you only have a couple of modules left to go, it should help a ton! at least all the time i spent the last 3 days wasn't a complete waste. Miku is almost level 10 and i got all the presents. now the affinity grind truly begins....yaaaay xD

Edited by slash
  • Like 1

do you know of any songs that drop Miku Append and Supreme more often than others, if any? according to the module list earlier, they are random drops so i highly doubt it.... those are the only 2 modules i've needed for the last 3 days and neither have dropped, so i'm starting to get really frustrated. at this rate i'm going to max out Miku's affinity before getting them. even with new module Lv 4 apparently to this game, giving me the same Rare module 3 straight songs is likelier....ugh

edit: so while burned out, i was scrolling through the event quest list and realized that i completely forgot that there are special quests that increase the likelihood of dropping a rare module of a specific element. i tried out the one with that drops rare neutral modules more often with new module LV 4 and it dropped Miku Append immediately. i haven't gotten Supreme yet, but i have extremely high confidence that it'll drop will soon. so huge tip, if there's a rare module that's a random drop, go to the appropriate event quest and equip new module LV 4 for the last vocaloid. i don't recommend doing this early since event quests only drop 1 item at the end while area quests drop max 5 on extreme, but when you only have a couple of modules left to go, it should help a ton! at least all the time i spent the last 3 days wasn't a complete waste. Miku is almost level 10 and i got all the presents. now the affinity grind truly begins....yaaaay xD

Congrats on finding that out xD. But I gave you the same tip before and you liked it, how can you forget it :<

Special lives have higher chance dropping rare modules. New modules UP skill shines here.

Edited by hanamihana0112

Congrats on finding that out xD. But I gave you the same tip before and you liked it, how can you forget it :<

the brain gets scrambled when the grind gets to you  :facepalm: but like i said, in the end it wasn't a complete waste of time either way, since it took care of the present grind and a significant portion of Miku's affinity.

• Like 1

*rummage rummage*

can someone confirm... regarding giving gifts... found this....huge thanks to it's wikispace

I got it from a guy on neogaf:

1. たくさん歌ったら少し疲れたみたい。何か気分を変えたいわ。そうね...甘い物とかはどうかしら?
Want something sweet to eat.

2. じつは...お腹がすいてカがでないの。なにか食べものちょうだい?
Want something to fill the stomach, like pizza, hamburger, etc.

3. あなたのおかげでたくさん歌を歌えて、今とても楽しいのですが。もっともっと上手に歌いたいんです。その為には、どうしたらいいんでしょうか?
want to practice singing, like music sheet

4. 歌もすごく楽しいんだけど、最近楽器にも趣味がなってね。息抜きに何か楽器を演奏したいんたけど...何かないかな?
want to practice instrument, like guitar etc

5. いっぱい歌ったら疲れちゃったなー。なんっだ一か癒されたい気分
6.練習ばっかであちゃったー。ちょっと ばないー?楽しいことがいいなー!なんかないかなー?
Seems to me these two both want something to play

7. 部屋をもっと飾りたいんだけど、できればもっとポップで可愛くしたいの!キャラクターがプリントされたものとか、何かいいものないかな?
8. 歌を歌ってい思ったんだけど........とりあえず、部屋の中から変えてみようと思うんだけど...部屋に...感性
want to decorate the room

9. 今以上に心に 歌を歌うために、もっといろいろなことを知りたいで。でも...何から始めればいいのかわからなくて
want to sing songs that are more touching (?)

10. 「美しく歌う」ことがとても難い、少し悩んでいるの。何か「美しさ」の参考になるものってなったりしないかしら?
want something beautiful 

oh... edit#1... found this...

Following list is from what I've remembered from hints but will need the conversation to make it sure:
Each element has 3 category which gift the characters are requesting. Unfortunately it's not complete yet since I still get some request way to seldom.
Item related information gives bonus when the item is correct + the characters favorite item. Same Item may not give bonus on other Vocaloids!

Natural:

Music (Item: Microphone/Voice book related): あなたのおかげでたくさん歌を歌えて、今とても楽しいのですが。もっともっと上手に歌いたいんです。その為には、どうしたらいいんでしょうか?

Culture (Item: Sketching pictures related = Miku)

???

Improved Singing

あなたのおかげでたくさん歌を歌えて、今とても楽しいのですが。もっともっと上手に歌いたいんです。その為には、どうしたらいいんでしょうか?
I've gotten to sing a lot thanks to you. I've been having a lot of fun, but I want to improve my singing even more. What should I do?

Things that have worked for me:
Voice Training (Miku), Song Book (Kaito), Karaoke Machine (Kaito), Stand-Up Microphone (Kaito)

Cute:

Interior (Item: Character Print related): 部屋をもっと飾りたいんだけど、できればもっとポップで可愛くしたいの!キャラクターがプリントされたものとか、何かいいものないかな?

Toy (Item: Heals tiredness related): いっぱい歌ったら疲れちゃったなー。なんっだ一か癒されたい気分 (Only dialogue with 2 pages!)

???

Character Print

部屋をもっと飾りたいんだけど、できればもっとポップで可愛くしたいの!キャラクターがプリントされたものとか、何かいいものないかな?
I want to decorate the room, preferably with something cute that has a pop feel to it! Maybe something with a character on it.

Anything with a character on it (posters, special posters, stickers, etc.)

Cool:

Interior (Item: Characters High intrest related): 歌を歌ってい思ったんだけど........とりあえず、部屋の中から変えてみようと思うんだけど...部屋に...感性...

Music (Item: ???): 今以上に心に 歌を歌うために、もっといろいろなことを知りたいで。でも...何から始めればいいのかわからなくて

???

Beauty:

Food (Item: Sweet things related): たくさん歌ったら少し疲れたみたい。何か気分を変えたいわ。そうね...甘い物とかはどうかしら?

Music (Item: Instruments related): 歌もすごく楽しいんだけど、最近楽器にも趣味がなってね。息抜きに何か楽器を演奏したいんたけど...何かないかな?

Culture (Item: Beautiful impression related):「美しく歌う」ことがとても難い、少し悩んでいるの。何か「美しさ」の参考になるものってなったりしないかしら?

Sweets (female)

ねー、少し休みにしない?たくさん歌ったら少し疲れたみたい。何か気分を変えたいわ。そうね...甘い物とかはどうかしら?
Hey, can we take a break? Singing so much has made me tired. I want a change of pace. Hm... How about something sweet?

Things that work:
Sweet food AND drinks

Instruments

歌もすごく楽しいんだけど、最近楽器にも趣味がなってね。息抜きに何か楽器を演奏したいんたけど...何かないかな?
Singing is lots of fun, but I want to play an instrument, too. I'd like to play something to blow off some steam... What should I play?

Things that work:
Musical instruments

Something Having to do with 'Beauty' (male)

最近歌っていて思うことがあるんだ。「美しく歌う」ことがとても難い、少し悩んでいるの。何か「美しさ」の参考になるものってなったりしないかしら?
There's something I've been thinking about while singing lately. It's so hard to sing 'beautifully,' it's kind of bothering me. Maybe I should study something that embodies 'beauty.'

Beauty (female)
最近歌っていて思うことがあるの。少し相談に乗ってくださらない?「美しく歌う」ことがとても難しいで、少し悩んでいるの。何か「美しさ」の参考になるものを教えてくださらないかしら?
There's something I've been thinking about while singing lately. It's so hard to sing 'beautifully,' it's kind of bothering me. Could you show me something that embodies 'beauty?'

Camera, Tulips
Things that don't work:
Fan, vase of flowers (Meiko)

Chaos:

Food (Item: Big meal related): じつは...お腹がすいてカがでないの。なにか食べものちょうだい?

Toy (Item: Favorite Toy related): 練習ばっかであちゃったー。ちょっと ばないー?楽しいことがいいなー!なんかないかなー?

Food (male)

はぁー。ねーねー。あのねー。笑わないで聞いてね。お腹がすいちゃって力が出来ないんだー!なにか食べ物ってないかなー?
Phew. Um. So... Don't laugh. I'm so hungry I can't focus! You got anything to eat?

Food (female)

じつは...お腹がすいてカがでないの。なにか食べものちょうだい?
Um... I'm hungry, so I can't focus. Can I have something to eat?

Things that work:
Food (don't know if drinks work, I haven't tried. But my guess is no.)

Toys

あ!ねねー!練習ばっかであちゃったー。ちょっと ばないー?楽しいことがいいなー!なんかないかなー?
Oh! Hey, hey! I'm tired of practicing all the time. Can we take a break? I want to do something fun! Do we have anything like that?

Things that work:
Toys. Does not have to be character related.

yeah... I still have no idea how to progress in affection... unfortunately, don't have a spare time to take a How to read Jap 101...

hmmm... can someone also confirm... the dialogue depends on what module the vocaloid is wearing when the Item request triggered?

also... can we talk now about the trophy requirements:

:platinum:  トロフィーマスター - get all other trophies...

:gold: クリアおめでとう! - get at least 1 crystal in all area > clear Ultimate Medley for first time in Event Quest > see credits roll

:gold: クリスタルのかがやき - obtained 7 crystals in each area (Live Quest Mode)

:gold: 1000万ボルテージ - get total of 10M Voltage. Voltage = Score in Live Quest and Event Quest

:gold: イベントマスター - see all room events. Get all 7 crystals in each area.... Cleared all Event Quest... see all scene when giving gifts (GRIND + RNG)

:gold: 上級プレイヤー - Cleared all songs in Hard Difficulty in Free Play Mode

:silver: ステージマスター - Unlock all Stages... cleared all song at least once?

:silver: ルームマスター - Unlock all Room themes... hmmm.. not really sure how to get these... the trophy popped on me after clearing all Event Quest...

:silver: プレゼントマスター - Unlock all Gift Items (RNG + Grind?)

:silver: イラストマスター - Unlock all Illustration in Gallery... clear all song in Hard mode at least once

:silver: ミククラスタ - Max Friendship with Miku... Max level is 10 = GRIND

:silver: リンクラスタ - Max Friendship with Rin... ANOTHER GRIND

:silver: レンクラスタ - Max Friendship with Len... MORE GRINDING

:silver: ルカクラスタ - Max Friendship with Luka... KEEP ON GRINDING

:silver: KAITOクラスタ - Max Friendship with Kaito.... WOO HOO STILL GRINDING

:silver: MEIKOクラスタ - Max Friendship with Meiko... WHAT IS LIFE... WHO NEEDS LIFE IF YOU HAVE MORE GRIND FEST...

:silver: クリスタルのささやき - obtained 5 crystals in each area

:silver: クリスタルのまたたき - obtained 6 crystals in each area

:silver:  100万ボルテージ - Get a total of 1M Voltage

:silver: 中級プレイヤー - Cleared all songs in Normal Difficulty in Free Play Mode...

:silver: 映像監督 - Watch all PV in Free Play Mode

:bronze: ようこそ、DIVAへ! - Cleared Tutorial... found in Options Menu(オプション)

:bronze: はじめてのスペシャルライブ - Cleared your first Special Live in Event Quest

:bronze: クリスタルのひらめき - obtained 1 crystals in each area

:bronze: クリスタルのきらめき - obtained 2 crystals in each area

:bronze: クリスタルのゆらめき - obtained 3 crystals in each area

:bronze: クリスタルのときめき - obtained 4 crystals in each area

:bronze: ミッション好き - Cleared 10 Event Quest

:bronze: チャレンジャー - Clear a song in Free Play Mode while equipped with 3 Challenge item .

:bronze: パートナーはキミ - Change Module in the Home screen 10 times

:bronze: フォトグラファー - Take 10 Photos in Portrait Mode (ポートレート)

please feel free to correct me ^_^

Edited by JaM
  • Like 1

*rummage rummage*

can someone confirm... regarding giving gifts... found this....

yeah... I still have no idea how to progress in affection... unfortunately, don't have a spare time to take a How to read Jap 101...

also... can we talk now about the trophy requirements:

:platinum: トロフィーマスター - get all other trophies...

:gold:クリアおめでとう! - get at least 1 crystal in all area > clear Ultimate Medley for first time in Event Quest > see credits roll

:gold:クリスタルのかがやき - obtained 7 crystals in each area (Live Quest Mode)

:gold:1000万ボルテージ - get total of 10M Voltage. Voltage = Score in Live Quest and Event Quest

:gold:イベントマスター - see all room events. Get all 7 crystals in each area.... Cleared all Event Quest... see all scene when giving gifts (GRIND + RNG)

:gold:上級プレイヤー - Cleared all songs in Hard Difficulty in Free Play Mode

:silver:ステージマスター - Unlock all Stages... cleared all song at least once?

:silver:ルームマスター - Unlock all Room themes... hmmm.. not really sure how to get these... the trophy popped on me after clearing all Event Quest...

:silver:プレゼントマスター - Unlock all Gift Items (RNG + Grind?)

:silver:イラストマスター - Unlock all Illustration in Gallery... clear all song in Hard mode at least once

:silver:ミククラスタ - Max Friendship with Miku... Max level is 10 = GRIND

:silver:リンクラスタ - Max Friendship with Rin... ANOTHER GRIND

:silver:レンクラスタ - Max Friendship with Len... MORE GRINDING

:silver: ルカクラスタ - Max Friendship with Luka... KEEP ON GRINDING

:silver:KAITOクラスタ - Max Friendship with Kaito.... WOO HOO STILL GRINDING

:silver:MEIKOクラスタ - Max Friendship with Meiko... WHAT IS LIFE... WHO NEEDS LIFE IF YOU HAVE MORE GRIND FEST...

:silver:クリスタルのささやき - obtained 5 crystals in each area

:silver:クリスタルのまたたき - obtained 6 crystals in each area

:silver:100万ボルテージ - Get a total of 1M Voltage

:silver:中級プレイヤー - Cleared all songs in Normal Difficulty in Free Play Mode...

:silver:映像監督 - Watch all PV in Free Play Mode

:bronze:ようこそ、DIVAへ! - Cleared Tutorial... found in Options Menu(オプション)

:bronze:はじめてのスペシャルライブ - Cleared your first Special Live in Event Quest

:bronze:クリスタルのひらめき - obtained 1 crystals in each area

:bronze:クリスタルのきらめき - obtained 2 crystals in each area

:bronze:クリスタルのゆらめき - obtained 3 crystals in each area

:bronze:クリスタルのときめき - obtained 4 crystals in each area

:bronze:ミッション好き - Cleared 10 Event Quest

:bronze:チャレンジャー - Clear a song in Free Play Mode while equipped with 3 Challenge item .

:bronze: パートナーはキミ - Change Module in the Home screen 10 times

:bronze:フォトグラファー - Take 10 Photos in Portrait Mode (ポートレート)

please feel free to correct me ^_^

Do you have to clear Normal to unlock Hard Difficulty still? And no trophy for doing so?

Edited by D-Brawl3r

Do you have to clear Normal to unlock Hard Difficulty still? And no trophy for doing so?

In Free Mode? AFAIK all difficulty is available in that mode once it is playable there... you have to clear the song in Live Quest though (so I think?) there is a trophy for clearing all songs in Free Mode in Normal and Hard Difficulty (which I am too lazy to do atm since clearing songs in Free mode doesn't give anything aside from those 2 trophies)

Edited by JaM

In Free Mode? AFAIK all difficulty is available in that mode once it is playable there... you have to clear the song in Live Quest though (so I think?) there is a trophy for clearing all songs in Free Mode in Normal and Hard Difficulty (which I am too lazy to do atm since clearing songs in Free mode doesn't give anything aside from those 2 trophies)

Well that's gonna be boring ;-;

• Like 1

*snip*

that's essentially the idea, but i'll add a couple of of stuffs.

for 3, they're asking to make the music better. so for this, i found that music sheet, voice training, and those mini lights (be sure to give the correct color, so green for Miku, orange for Rin, etc.).

for 5 they're asking something to "heal the mind" and 6 is just something fun, so things like dolls, game consoles, portable games seem to work best.

for 7, they're asking for something cute to decorate the room, and i found the posters to work best here.

for 8, they're asking something increase the sensibility of the room, and plants always gave me positive results. 

for 9, those elemental icon trophy things work best. most of the culture items (last option) like the hanging scrolls work too. 

you'll get an item request every 5 songs you play in live quest mode, and you can tell it's coming cause the option to retry is grayed out. also, something i noticed is that you can only have a max of 5 of each item. so if you have 5 of one, then definitely give an item to a vocaloid so you don't waste any. 

as for the trophies, yeah you pretty much nailed it, though if i remember correctly the Ultimate Medley unlocks after you get 2 crystals in each area (but i'm not completely sure...the grind is clouding my memory....). you're right about Room Master, you get room options as you beat certain event quests. so it's gonna come naturally as you get the other trophies since there's an event that unlocks after clearing every single possible area and event quest. 

once you clear a song it gets unlocked in free play with all difficulties available. so you can do them at your leisure after that. but yeah, free play mode is kind of there just for the sake of being there for trophies in this one. 

Edited by slash
  • Like 1

beware... whine ahead...

ugh.. still missing 5 Miku Module after even clearing Event Quests... speaking of Event Quests... having hard time clearing Special Live Event Quests??? (*eyeroll* 8th Special Live Event) how about equipping Module that boost Voltage Rate % for first 2 songs? like.. Len's Radical Star that have 100 Combo Rate UP Lv . 5 which adds 30%(?) voltage in every 100 combo...

tsrd8tc.jpg?1

result...

VqAcPZM.jpg?1

having hard time getting 100+ combo with Extreme songs? well... why not try clearing it with Hard songs... with the help of Voltage boosting Module of course...

hwRZnyK.jpg?1

of course I figured that I could clear the event even in hard songs after succeeding (and failing lots of time) clearing it with Extreme Songs...

Edited by JaM

Ah okay. Also one thing that was confirmed via Twitter a few days ago, there are no plans to support importing the JP save to the western version like you could in F 2nd. So if you're getting the English version, you'll have to start over again ;-;

really?? dang that's incredibly disappointing.....

So I've played for a couple hours, cleared 2 areas and messed around a bit in Free Play and Portrait Mode - I'm definitely liking the game so far. While the core gameplay is the same as usual, it's still all very new which I think is a good thing. F 2nd was pretty much the same game as F so the series needed something fresh this time around. I really like the UI, the menus are very nice. Also I liked what they were doing with the VN elements but obviously I wish I could understand them, though it gives me some incentive to buy the game again when it comes west :P

As for the gameplay I'm still really bad at it, the 2nd song I played I got one safe away from perfect, cause it wouldn't be a project diva game without me failing miserably xD One thing that also kinda irritated me was that DLC modules from F 2nd are in this game from the start, I remember the 4th module I got was the bunny costume, and when it popped up I was like "Wait, I fucking paid for that!". Speaking of which the way the modules are revealed is pretty cool, I like the moment of suspense before its revealed

So overall to anyone who is reading this and wondering whether to get it, I definitely recommend it. Though I say wait for the localisation this fall so you can fully appreciate the game. Now, time to start the long ass grind xD

Edited by D-Brawl3r
  • Like 3

So I've played for a couple hours, cleared 2 areas and messed around a bit in Free Play and Portrait Mode - I'm definitely liking the game so far. While the core gameplay is the same as usual, it's still all very new which I think is a good thing. F 2nd was pretty much the same game as F so the series needed something fresh this time around. I really like the UI, the menus are very nice. Also I liked what they were doing with the VN elements but obviously I wish I could understand them, though it gives me some incentive to buy the game again when it comes west :P

As for the gameplay I'm still really bad at it, the 2nd song I played I got one safe away from perfect, cause it wouldn't be a project diva game without me failing miserably xD One thing that also kinda irritated me was that DLC modules from F 2nd are in this game from the start, I remember the 4th module I got was the bunny costume, and when it popped up I was like "Wait, I fucking paid for that!". Speaking of which the way the modules are revealed is pretty cool, I like the moment of suspense before its revealed

So overall to anyone who is reading this and wondering whether to get it, I definitely recommend it. Though I say wait for the localisation this fall so you can fully appreciate the game. Now, time to start the long ass grind xD

Congrats on getting the game and glad to see you are enjoying it :yay: Don't worry about the grind, because all you need to do is playing songs over and over :P.

• Like 1

grind is love, grind is life. we'll all complain together :D

Congrats on getting the game and glad to see you are enjoying it :yay: Don't worry about the grind, because all you need to do is playing songs over and over :P.

i'm curious, what was your final time to get the plat? i'm at 95 hours right now and this is where i stand with the affinities: 

i42UPWy.jpg

i can almost taste the plat....but still chipping away Dx

• Like 1