Miku comes to PS4! Project Diva X and Future Tone Discussion

this thread just isn't the same without Akira :(

I guess I'm going to have to create a JP alt account to get that Future Tone....although it's quite a bit of cash to get everything :/ granted, there are a ridiculous amount of songs. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Future tone is beautiful so far. HD Miku is best Miku  :wub:  Had some issues getting my jpn psn code working so only managed to get the game bought and downloaded last night. The new button inputs are gonna take a while to get used to. They've got a weird R1 and L1 yellow arrow thing and a new hold. I think they're from the arcade ver. but its really odd so far. Hopefully theres something in the settings that would let me switch it up to something more similar to the regular project diva games. Using a ds4 is also weird compared to to the vita the buttons don't feel as responsive or clicky so it feels like my timings off cause I don't hear the clicks that tell me that my playing is on rhythm. Otherwise game looks gorgeous and I could see myself spending a long time on this with all the songs this has. 

Still no love for Europe on either version, which probably means digital only, and no pouch. :(

If you didn't know yet, the game was rated by the german and the australian age rating boards:

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/hatsune-miku-project-diva-x-rated-australia

https://www.segalization.com/2016/06/24/hatsune-miku-project-diva-x-receives-usk-rating-in-germany/

And today, Sega and Deep Silver announced that Deep Silver will from now on publish all Sega- and Atlus-titles in Europe and the best is, that they always try to release retail + download:

http://gematsu.com/2016/07/deep-silver-publish-atlus-sega-brand-titles-europe

https://twitter.com/deepsilver/status/750662880761094144

So maybe we get no pouch but at least we have the hope of getting a physical. ^_^

Edited by Crimson Idol

• 2 weeks later...

God damn Sega, screw you. Now you have a partnership with Deep Silver to publish games in EU retail and download and what is? Diva X will be download-only for Europe. :shakefist:

http://gematsu.com/2016/07/hatsune-miku-project-diva-x-coming-europe-via-psn-august-30

Now the problem is: Either US-retail and no DLC or EU-download and DLC for all those who want to play the game on Vita. Arrrrrrrgh.  :angry:

Edited by Crimson Idol

Now I know then I will get my new Miku(^_^)... http://gematsu.com/2016/07/hatsune-miku-project-diva-x-coming-europe-via-psn-august-30

WHAT?! No physical like Project Diva F 2nd and Project Mirai DX?!, Whatever so long I know I get my Miku( and Haku), I`am Happy(^_^)

God damn Sega, screw you. Now you have a partnership with Deep Silver to publish games in EU retail and download and what is? Diva X will be download-only for Europe. :shakefist:

http://gematsu.com/2016/07/hatsune-miku-project-diva-x-coming-europe-via-psn-august-30

Now the problem is: Either US-retail and no DLC or EU-download and DLC for all those who want to play the game on Vita. Arrrrrrrgh.  :angry:

*clap*

Brilliant, Deep Silver strikes again =D

Or maybe Sega was so clever to only partner with them for Persona so they could have 'valid' reason to not give physical version...

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know how difficult or time consuming it is to get a platinum for Project Diva X? My rhythm game skills are intermediate so I was wondering if you need to pull off perfect performances in highest difficulty setting or something along those lines to reach plat.

Downloaded the Vita demo for Project Diva X yesterday and it was quite fun even though I wasn't familiar with how the "rhythm indicators" (or whatever you call them) behave.

Anyone know how difficult or time consuming it is to get a platinum for Project Diva X? My rhythm game skills are intermediate so I was wondering if you need to pull off perfect performances in highest difficulty setting or something along those lines to reach plat.

Downloaded the Vita demo for Project Diva X yesterday and it was quite fun even though I wasn't familiar with how the "rhythm indicators" (or whatever you call them) behave.

It's going to take most people 100+ hours to plat, it took me 105. Almost everything in PDX is RNG based and affinity level is doubled for each Vocaloid from F and F2. Progress in affinity is slower as well. The grind is harsh on this one. You don't need to get perfects in anything, but you do have to clear songs on extreme. 

• Like 1

You have to clear each song at least three times on Extreme, and the grinding is just insane.

I'm still working on the plat and it's taking me forever. The plat is definitely way harder to get than the previous games.

If you are not familiar with the franchise, I would suggest trying Project Diva F and F 2nd before this one.

It's going to take most people 100+ hours to plat, it took me 105. Almost everything in PDX is RNG based and affinity level is doubled for each Vocaloid from F and F2. Progress in affinity is slower as well. The grind is harsh on this one. You don't need to get perfects in anything, but you do have to clear songs on extreme. 

And it's no longer Ultra Rare.

Grind level too damn high =D

And it's no longer Ultra Rare.

Grind level too damn high =D

Heh there was no chance it would remain as an UR, this grind is nothing for the East  ^^; 

It'll probably dip down to UR for a bit when it releases in NA and EU though. It's not that the grind itself is THAT bad, it's just there's only 30 songs for you to grind on. You end up getting bored of them really quickly, even though PDX features some of my favorite songs so far in the entire series. Playing with plenty of breaks in between is recommended :D

Damn... I was going to get this, but now I'm having second thoughts. I don't mind grinding so much, but RNG is never fun, especially when there's so much of it. Also I'm not that great at these games, so clearing every song on extreme sounds like it's out of my league. I'm so casual.  :P

You have to clear each song at least three times on Extreme, and the grinding is just insane.

Each song three times on extreme? Ok, for someone who already struggles with Negaposi*Continues on hard this plat will be even more impossible for me. :( But nevertheless I will buy and hopefully enjoy this game. 

Each song three times on extreme? Ok, for someone who already struggles with Negaposi*Continues on hard this plat will be even more impossible for me. :( But nevertheless I will buy and hopefully enjoy this game. 

Damn... I was going to get this, but now I'm having second thoughts. I don't mind grinding so much, but RNG is never fun, especially when there's so much of it. Also I'm not that great at these games, so clearing every song on extreme sounds like it's out of my league. I'm so casual.  :P

^^;  it's definitely a harder plat than F and F2, Miku really makes you work for it! In my opinion, I found extreme on X easier than F and F2...I thought only very few songs come close in difficulty to songs like The Intense Voice of Hatsune Miku and Two-Faced Lovers. But to be fair, I am pretty experienced in Project Diva and got more than my fair share of perfects on extreme. Fwiw though, Negaposi*Continues is just on pure crack that's dang near impossible, still in my opinion the hardest song in the entire Project Diva line by a considerable margin xD If you can comfortably play most songs on F and F2 on extreme, then I'd say you can definitely tackle all the songs on X. 

• Like 2

^^;  it's definitely a harder plat than F and F2, Miku really makes you work for it! In my opinion, I found extreme on X easier than F and F2...I thought only very few songs come close in difficulty to songs like The Intense Voice of Hatsune Miku and Two-Faced Lovers. But to be fair, I am pretty experienced in Project Diva and got more than my fair share of perfects on extreme. Fwiw though, Negaposi*Continues is just on pure crack that's dang near impossible, still in my opinion the hardest song in the entire Project Diva line by a considerable margin xD If you can comfortably play most songs on F and F2 on extreme, then I'd say you can definitely tackle all the songs on X. 

In F and F 2nd, you don't need to play a single Extreme song to get the plat so I've never really bothered with this level of difficulty (except for the songs I really really loved to play). In X, you must play Extreme songs but you can fail a whole bunch of notes and still keep playing. It's easier but reaching the required amount of points is extremely hard sometimes.

In F and F 2nd, you don't need to play a single Extreme song to get the plat so I've never really bothered with this level of difficulty (except for the songs I really really loved to play). In X, you must play Extreme songs but you can fail a whole bunch of notes and still keep playing. It's easier but reaching the required amount of points is extremely hard sometimes.

Yeah this is true, some of the quests can get pretty dang hard, especially the one for the Ultimate Medley. I was trying to use the previous games' extremes as a comparison for X, so I could see my comment being confusing. But nonetheless, I have complete faith that everyone here can and will get that plat! ^^

Yeah this is true, some of the quests can get pretty dang hard, especially the one for the Ultimate Medley. I was trying to use the previous games' extremes as a comparison for X, so I could see my comment being confusing. But nonetheless, I have complete faith that everyone here can and will get that plat! ^^

That game has been an emotional roller coaster, I swear! A few days ago, I thought I could get that platinum thanks to the Norma Break skill. Yesterday I discovered that the last challenge with Ultimate Medley is to get more than 210000 points. That's just impossible!

Two options :

- Chess Piece Miku costume which boosts points + 3 challenge items

- Norma Break skill (challenge items nullified) but no boost whatsoever.

I can get up to 170000 on a good day with Norma Break. I don't even want to imagine clearing this song with 3 challenge items. I'm not skilled enough for that.

I don't think I will ever get this plat, I'm going to get all the MAX affinity and leave it at that.

And maybe, once in a while, try the Ultimate Medley again.

Afaik you can use help items for clearing but it screws the point run...

Or do I mistake it for something else? =D

I'm not sure you can use help items in Quest Mode :/