Miku comes to PS4! Project Diva X and Future Tone Discussion

I got it after clearing it on Extreme in the cloud requests. I cleared it on Normal before because I thought it would unlock Intermediate Player, but I found out that Intermediate and Advanced Player will only unlock in free play. It could be the second cloud request you complete or it could be clearing it on Extreme.

Great thank you for being so helpful :)

Completing chance time on extreme ultimate medley is proving to be a challenge, I just can't hit the last two lines before the star. Yet I can get the technicals and complete the song without the chance bonus. :I The Universal module eludes me!

Edited by Xillia

1) I believe there are some old posts in this thread that say you can't.

I currently have the JP version of Project Diva X on my Vita. Can I use the cross-save on the Vita and then pickup the EN (PAL/AU) version on the PS4 and continue from there to unlock the rest of the trophies etc?

Edit: It also looks like the game runs at 60FPS like Future Tone, is that the case?

Worked for me, I just used the cross save option on the Japanese Vita (found in the options menu) version to upload the save data and went to Load Cross Save data on the main menu and my Japanese save loaded and stored a save into the Europe PS4 version.

It was announced months ago that this game would be using one save structure for all regions and all systems so you can even transfer it back to the Japanese version.

Source: https://www.segalization.com/2016/05/09/hatsune-miku-project-diva-x-will-support-cross-platform-save-data-across-all-regions/

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 1

Completing chance time on extreme ultimate medley is proving to be a challenge, I just can't hit the last two lines before the star. Yet I can get the technicals and complete the song without the chance bonus. :I The Universal module eludes me!

Try using the Star Vocalist module. It makes it easier to hit notes during chance time. It's a rare drop from the cute medley.

• Like 2

So Future Tone doesn't have a platinum set? Fuck this gay earth. If that's the case, I would rather wait a Steam release, or if I'm really desperate, try to crack the disk encryption and reverse engineer the embed OS' security measures on the arcade version just to play it on my PC. 

I was about to import it, but I would rather get PJ Diva X now. 

So Future Tone doesn't have a platinum set? Fuck this gay earth. If that's the case, I would rather wait a Steam release, or if I'm really desperate, try to crack the disk encryption and reverse engineer the embed OS' security measures on the arcade version just to play it on my PC. 

I was about to import it, but I would rather get PJ Diva X now. 

I think slash said this once and it's basically spot on: FT is a rhythm game lover's game, not a trophy hunter's. If you're the type that stopped playing PDF/F2nd after getting the plat, then yeah, FT is not for you.

• Like 1

and happy localization release week everyone ^^ hope everyone enjoys the pure rhythm game bliss! This thread is pretty dang long but packed with helpful info from us who played the JP version. So feel free to search around and of course ask if there are any questions! Have a blast, everyone!

I feel like the answer is yes, but do you have to unlock all modules and clear all the different cloud requests for event master?

I nearly maxed everyone's affinity already, but I didn't realize these were listed under the celebration tab of the event collection until I looked at the event list on the jp wiki a few minutes ago.

I just got the Dimensional module from clearing the 8th festival quest with miku with new module dropper level 4 on. If you can't manage to complete the chance time in the quest with the Star Vocalist module then this could be an alternative way for you to get it.

Edited by kuuhaku

I feel like the answer is yes, but do you have to unlock all modules and clear all the different cloud requests for event master?

I nearly maxed everyone's affinity already, but I didn't realize these were listed under the celebration tab of the event collection until I looked at the event list on the jp wiki a few minutes ago.

Yes you do. You essentially have to 100% the game to unlock the events. So all live quests, event quests and modules have to be done, as each on unlocks a dialogue scene. For the quests, you don't have to gold clear it though, just silver clearing it is enough. Good luck on the affinities, it's by far the worst grind...

Also, I'm sorry for not responding to your question about the accessory bonuses. I'm kind of across the other side of the world right now and didn't see until I had free time later in the day. Glad you found my previous post though! Hope it helped :)

Edited by slash
  • Like 1

I think slash said this once and it's basically spot on: FT is a rhythm game lover's game, not a trophy hunter's. If you're the type that stopped playing PDF/F2nd after getting the plat, then yeah, FT is not for you.

FT is great if you are a late starter and want to know more songs.

It is also a good way to prepare for Extreme mode as Future Tone requires you to hold a button down and still hit notes with your other hand so its good practice for using two hands.

I enjoyed it but do have to agree the game feels like it only has a trophy list because it is a requirement by Sony.

Yes you do. You essentially have to 100% the game to unlock the events. So all live quests, event quests and modules have to be done, as each on unlocks a dialogue scene. For the quests, you don't have to gold clear it though, just silver clearing it is enough. Good luck on the affinities, it's by far the worst grind...

Also, I'm sorry for not responding to your question about the accessory bonuses. I'm kind of across the other side of the world right now and didn't see until I had free time later in the day. Glad you found my previous post though! Hope it helped :)

I never really checked it when playing the Japanese version but when your asked and forced to give a gift, if that gift had an event tied to it do you unlock that event or do you need to give them a gift manually to unlock the event?

I never really checked it when playing the Japanese version but when your asked and forced to give a gift, if that gift had an event tied to it do you unlock that event or do you need to give them a gift manually to unlock the event?

You have to give it to them manually. Unfortunately the gift event doesn't unlock, since all they do is react to whatever you gave them :/

You have to give it to them manually. Unfortunately the gift event doesn't unlock, since all they do is react to whatever you gave them :/

Thought as much, after the first 10 or so gifts I started to only give them gifts that I had more then one of, Have not had the time to check the event options since transferring over to the English version.

Thanks for the response,

FT is great if you are a late starter and want to know more songs.

It is also a good way to prepare for Extreme mode as Future Tone requires you to hold a button down and still hit notes with your other hand so its good practice for using two hands.

I enjoyed it but do have to agree the game feels like it only has a trophy list because it is a requirement by Sony.

You know, I had trouble hitting the chance time in the extreme ultimate medley and I thought I was being clever when I started up practice mode in FT just for that part. Turns out it's at least a million times harder there. xD

I just got the Dimensional module from clearing the 8th festival quest with miku with new module dropper level 4 on. If you can't manage to complete the chance time in the quest with the Star Vocalist module then this could be an alternative way for you to get it.

God damn it. I did manage to get it the hard way after a lot of  several tries but it looks like I didn't have to. :T

The Photography trophy what exactly do you need to do for this? as ive taken photos of them but nothing has happened, so probably just me being stupid..

Just take 10 photos of them in the photo studio and leave it. I didn't even move the modules and got it done. The trophies always pop during the saving screen.