AkiraTheFox

Miku comes to PS4! Project Diva X and Future Tone Discussion

568 posts in this topic

I come bearing a screenshot

PDX-Fami-Info_09-02-15.jpg

Also below I have linked some info regarding new modes and more info. 2 new songs have been confirmed (Renai Saiben and Strangers) and all the usual Project Diva vocaloids are returning.

http://gematsu.com/2015/09/hatsune-miku-project-diva-x-new-live-quest-mode-module-drops

First, thanks for the update :3

And second, Yes...the song roster looks delightful by the 3 samples i have seen so far, Pleased.

First, thanks for the update :3

And second, Yes...the song roster looks delightful by the 3 samples i have seen so far, Pleased.

It does! I wonder how many songs we'll get this time around :3

You're welcome. I'll try to keep people as updated as possible ^_^

It does! I wonder how many songs we'll get this time around :3

You're welcome. I'll try to keep people as updated as possible ^_^

I'm guessing somewhere between 30-40 since no Project Diva or Mirai game had less than that so far :3

But this just begs me to ask it......Will there be DLC songs or not? I'm still hoping for a Palette and Nekomimi Switch HD remake.

I'm guessing somewhere between 30-40 since no Project Diva or Mirai game had less than that so far :3

But this just begs me to ask it......Will there be DLC songs or not? I'm still hoping for a Palette and Nekomimi Switch HD remake.

Seeing as though the last two PD games, Future Tone and F 2nd had DLC songs (and didn't F have dlc songs in japan?), I'm almost certain we'll see DLC again. I wonder if Project Mirai will have any... (Which reminds me, I finally preordered it yesterday :D)

Edited by Makise Kurisu

I just hope the game isn't littered with microtransactions for the module drops...

Didn't IA/VT Colorful have like 60 songs in its base game? With X having a Live Quest Mode, I'm hoping to see quite a few more than 40 songs just to keep up the variety and such. And I think there definitely will be DLC songs. Both Project Diva f and and F2nd had them.

Edited by slashvoid-13

My excitement levels cannot be measured!

You and me both :D

I just hope the game isn't littered with microtransactions for the module drops...

Didn't IA/VT Colorful have like 60 songs in its base game? With X having a Live Quest Mode, I'm hoping to see quite a few more than 40 songs just to keep up the variety and such. And I think there definitely will be DLC songs. Both Project Diva f and and F2nd had them.

Meh, I doubt they'd do that but I don't really mind if they do. If you don't want the microtransactions, don't buy them. Nobody is forcing you to so unless they prevent you from getting modules without buying the MTX then I don't mind.

I believe it has 61 songs, but as you said from the looks of the new modes, replaying songs will be a necessity. I hope they look at IA/VT and take inspirations from it ^_^

Meh, I doubt they'd do that but I don't really mind if they do. If you don't want the microtransactions, don't buy them. Nobody is forcing you to so unless they prevent you from getting modules without buying the MTX then I don't mind.

I believe it has 61 songs, but as you said from the looks of the new modes, replaying songs will be a necessity. I hope they look at IA/VT and take inspirations from it ^_^

Yeah if they're there, just don't make the game's progress be influenced by them like you said. 

61 songs, that's so crazy haha. I'll be happy with just 50, but put 60 in Project Diva X and you have replayability for daaaaaaays

Yeah if they're there, just don't make the game's progress be influenced by them like you said. 

61 songs, that's so crazy haha. I'll be happy with just 50, but put 60 in Project Diva X and you have replayability for daaaaaaays

60 or even 50 songs will just put it as my favorite game ever for many reasons.....Let that happen.

60 or even 50 songs will just put it as my favorite game ever for many reasons.....Let that happen.

F is already my favourite game ever :P which is why I'm so hyped!

More like the VOCALOID software, though =D

Not true :D   Vocaloid software was on the market for three years before Miku's release; the English voicebanks Leon and Lola were the birth of the software  :wub:

I'm sad to see all the KAITO hate here :(  As a massive fan of his software and his voice provider, I can safely say Sega's selection of songs for KAITO are tripe (they're not bad songs - Cantarella and A Thousand Years Solo are fantastic songs - but it's clear they care far more for the money-makers, Miku, Rin and Len).  I really hope they introduce the likes of Crescent Moon and Flower Tail (if you don't know them, check them out.  They're amazing) for KAITO's songs since for people who don't know many Vocaloid songs beyond the Project Diva games, I can understand how it's easy to be unimpressed by their setlists.  MEIKO gets totally shafted (only ONE solo song in PDF2?  Really?) which is a shame since she's the first Japanese Vocaloid, but again, Miku's the moneymaker here.   :P

Not true :D   Vocaloid software was on the market for three years before Miku's release; the English voicebanks Leon and Lola were the birth of the software  :wub:

I'm sad to see all the KAITO hate here :(  As a massive fan of his software and his voice provider, I can safely say Sega's selection of songs for KAITO are tripe (they're not bad songs - Cantarella and A Thousand Years Solo are fantastic songs - but it's clear they care far more for the money-makers, Miku, Rin and Len).  I really hope they introduce the likes of Crescent Moon and Flower Tail (if you don't know them, check them out.  They're amazing) for KAITO's songs since for people who don't know many Vocaloid songs beyond the Project Diva games, I can understand how it's easy to be unimpressed by their setlists.  MEIKO gets totally shafted (only ONE solo song in PDF2?  Really?) which is a shame since she's the first Japanese Vocaloid, but again, Miku's the moneymaker here.   :P

I'm proud to say I was a fan before I knew the games existed :D I'm not a fan of Meiko and Kaito cause I just don't like how they sound, but that's just me.

I'm proud to say I was a fan before I knew the games existed :D I'm not a fan of Meiko and Kaito cause I just don't like how they sound, but that's just me.

Agree with both of you on different notes.

I'm still pissed at how they released Yellow during Meiko's supposed DLC theme.....Change me was delightful, sure...but not enough. that goes with Kaito as well, Rosary Pale was too short.

Piano x Forte x Scandal + on the rocks. should be on X's song roster, or a DLC as a "sorry' gift :P

Edited by YaoiGod

Yeah it's all a matter of tastes.  I like that Miku/Rin/Len's voices fill the 'teen idol' kind of archtype whereas Luka has a more sophisticated older-teen voice and MEIKO/KAITO fill the mature adult roles, especially since there's a severe lack of deep-voiced Vocaloids and the market is saturated with high-pitched 'uguu' voices. :P  Don't get me wrong, I love Miku, and it only makes sense she gets a load of attention since she's what pushed Vocaloid into the mainstream.  But they shouldn't shove aside the voices that actually kickstarted the technology either, you dig?  ;)

Though I think there's a bit of bias here.  I prefer deep voices in music anyway, be it a girl or a guy.

Agree with both of you on different notes.

I'm still pissed at how they released Yellow during Meiko's supposed DLC theme.....Change me was delightful, sure...but not enough. that goes with Kaito as well, Rosary Pale was too short.

Piano x Forte x Scandal + on the rocks. should be on X's song roster, or a DLC as a "sorry' gift :P

Jeez, I totally forgot about PxFxS and especially On the Rocks.  Those songs would take the west by storm.  I know the former was in the AR Mode in PDF2 or whatever, but MEIKO's most popular song deserves its own PV damnit. :P

The songs chosen for MEIKO in most of the Project Divas are pretty horrid though, always found them to be rushed choices.  Change Me and Stay With Me sound like nails on a chalkboard during the choruses, but then again shu-tP has always liked to, er... push the limits of MEIKO's tuning, to say the least. :P  Nostalogic was probably her best, but it's tuned chipmunk-style, so it's not really a proper example of MEIKO's voice.

Yeah it's all a matter of tastes.  I like that Miku/Rin/Len's voices fill the 'teen idol' kind of archtype whereas Luka has a more sophisticated older-teen voice and MEIKO/KAITO fill the mature adult roles, especially since there's a severe lack of deep-voiced Vocaloids and the market is saturated with high-pitched 'uguu' voices. :P  Don't get me wrong, I love Miku, and it only makes sense she gets a load of attention since she's what pushed Vocaloid into the mainstream.  But they shouldn't shove aside the voices that actually kickstarted the technology either, you dig?  ;)

Though I think there's a bit of bias here.  I prefer deep voices in music anyway, be it a girl or a guy.

Jeez, I totally forgot about PxFxS and especially On the Rocks.  Those songs would take the west by storm.  I know the former was in the AR Mode in PDF2 or whatever, but MEIKO's most popular song deserves its own PV damnit. :P

The songs chosen for MEIKO in most of the Project Divas are pretty horrid though, always found them to be rushed choices.  Change Me and Stay With Me sound like nails on a chalkboard during the choruses, but then again shu-tP has always liked to, er... push the limits of MEIKO's tuning, to say the least. :P  Nostalogic was probably her best, but it's tuned chipmunk-style, so it's not really a proper example of MEIKO's voice.

Yeah you make a good point, I see where you're coming from but I'm not a big fan of deep voices in music, particularly from females. And i agree that Stay With Me sounds awful, it literally makes me cringe.

There are so many good MEIKO songs out there and it's unfortunate they aren't able to get the licenses for Project Diva :<

I want Samurai Soul to be added so much ;-;

Yeah you make a good point, I see where you're coming from but I'm not a big fan of deep voices in music, particularly from females.

fd5004332c42bb42bf5011dccd389340.jpg

Yeah you make a good point, I see where you're coming from but I'm not a big fan of deep voices in music, particularly from females. And i agree that Stay With Me sounds awful, it literally makes me cringe.

....Am i the only one who found Change me to be good?......Oh well :P

Ohhhh, would Sakine Meiko make Meiko's image feel more...better? that version is not deep-voiced and more cheerful.

Ohhhh, would Sakine Meiko make Meiko's image feel more...better? that version is not deep-voiced and more cheerful.

I liked Change Me, the mixing and the instrumental in it was pretty good. I think the biggest disappointment for me in terms of MEIKO's songs (in the context of Project Diva) was that almost all of them are sub-100 bpm :< Unless I was a super fan of the song, I really wasn't inclined to play or listen to them all that much. I'm sorry, MEIKO, forgive me T_T

I'm proud to say I was a fan before I knew the games existed :D

Wasn't it like this for the most of us? :D

Probably, but for a lot of people Project Diva was their introduction to vocaloids. It's only recently become so popular in the west after all :D

Edited by Makise Kurisu

Probably, but for a lot of people Project Diva was their introduction to vocaloids. It's only recently become so popular in the west after all :D

Shhhhhhhh, to be a true hipster you must let everyone know that you are as hip as hip can be :awesome:

I so can't wait to have it. I been wanting a new Project Diva game ever since I platinum the second one. But yea the release date is probably for Japan, but I can easily wait for the NA version to be released down the road.

Nah I like the song (a whole lot better than Stay With Me) but her voice is rather screechy in the chorus, since shu-tP - as awesome as his techno music is - always seems to push MEIKO's voice a little too far.

Yeah, that's why Sakine is a thing; she's basically the closest to a Miku voice you can get with MEIKO, since the 'kawaii uguu' voice has such a dedicated fanbase in Japan.  I don't see why you just wouldn't just use Miku or any other high-pitched Vocaloid if a chipmunk voice is what you want though; MEIKO's charm should be her natural voice.

Screenshots! :D

Here's a screenshot of a 'Rush Note':

pv820_HARD_000.avi_snapshot_00.17_2015.0

Strangers:

3.jpg

Renai Saiben:

10.jpg

Live Quest Mode:

5.jpg

6.jpg

More info: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/03/hatsune-miku-project-diva-x-screenshots-show-more-of-whats-new/

Will keep posting as I find out more info, as far as I know gameplay will be shown tomorrow ^_^ (But since it's vita gameplay should I make a new thread or just post it here? Idk)