Game Genie for PS3

TehCro

So it looks like Game Genie (Used to unlock cheat codes in video games) is making a comeback as PS3 save file editor. But there's one thing that's kinda bugging me about the trailer. The guy used the cheat codes to max out his red orbs in God of War 3, but the trophy wasn't disabled when they used the red orbs on skills.

Wonder how many will buy that then just for trophy help AND expect to be safe from being labelled as a hacker/trophy cheat?

Kind of annoying then if someone goes and uses an invincible cheat then and breezes through games and can't get caught due to playing the game properly except for the fact they used codes so they couldn't die or something... so this'll be a trophy cheats new best friend I'll assume, that is pretty stupid.

Directly from their blog:

"Q. Will the Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 interfere with trophy acquisition?

A. Yes. Most of the enhancements will disable majority of the trophy acquisitions. Because the trophy system is based on achieving certain accomplishments under certain conditions, some of the enhancements of the Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 will disrupt some of those conditions and make many trophies unobtainable. Some trophies will still be obtainable even with enhancements on, such as obtaining a certain item at a shop that was obtained using a max amount of money."

I guess we can breathe 'somewhat' easier now.

• Like 1

This really depends on how trophies are acquired. I'd hope that for most games, they're well-programmed enough that this shouldn't act as a magic unlock-all card.

Sadly, I know that there are a significant number of games that are not well-programmed. Ah well, at least the Vita is still a fortress of integrity when it comes to trophies.

I have no intentions of cheating, and I don't really care if people will use this for a trophy advantage, but I'm interested in this because I want to...how should I put it...."disassemble" my game. Just for debug rooms and those kinds of stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...