37% Platinum ? Something wrong!

vipers2314

Well i find it difficult to understand how come 37% have the platinum for such a luck based and frustrating game while other much easier games which dosen't rely on luck have less than 5% Plat . I realize that you will eventually get the trophies after many tries since skill isn't an obstacle , but am i the only one who think that 37% plat for such a game is weird ?

• Like 1

Well i find it difficult to understand how come 37% have the platinum for such a luck based and frustrating game while other much easier games which dosen't rely on luck have less than 5% Plat . I realize that you will eventually get the trophies after many tries since skill isn't an obstacle , but am i the only one who think that 37% plat for such a game is weird ?

The game has loads of points, the statistics are biased here as it includes mainly trophy hunters, for those reasons most people who buy the game bought it for trophies and save import trophies so a lot of people are able to get it.

Check the PSN plat rate that would likely be more accurate.

• Like 4

This game shouldn't take more than 10 hours to platinum without using a cross save. I'm surprised that the percentage isn't higher, to be honest.

It doesn't. Took me 5h and 3h, on the vita version and the PS4 version respectively, both months down the line after I got the plat on the PS3.

The game has loads of points, the statistics are biased here as it includes mainly trophy hunters, for those reasons most people who buy the game bought it for trophies and save import trophies so a lot of people are able to get it.

Check the PSN plat rate that would likely be more accurate.

Yeah sure , the PSN trophy stats are much lower and that apply to all games . However i prefer to check the psnprofiles ones since it include mainly trophy hunters and it's a better way to measure yourself too .

Yeah sure, the PSN trophy stats [...] apply to all games. However i prefer to check the psnprofiles ones since it include mainly trophy hunters and it's a better way to measure yourself too 

They do not, the stats there counts for each list of SS independently, as they are all considered different games, servers-wise.

Edited by TheYuriG

It doesn't. Took me 5h and 3h, on the vita version and the PS4 version respectively, both months down the line after I got the plat on the PS3.

I don't fully agree  , you may actualy get it in less than 10 hours ( 5h for you ) or it may take you much more if you don't have the patience coupled with luck with the notes . And it's important to note that you mastered that game since you've completed it on the PS3, PS4 and vita .It won't be the case for a novice who would need some time of adaptation ; some levels are so frustrating you may spend over an hour on them waiting to get a good positionning for the notes

• Like 1

Sound Shapes isn't difficult and doesn't take long to plat. Like you said it is luck based and skill isn't really an obstacle so there isn't anything difficult about retrying levels until you get a favorable sequence. If anything it should be less rare than it is dood.

Edited by Wdjat Prinny Doods

I don't fully agree  , you may actualy get it in less than 10 hours ( 5h for you ) or it may take you much more if you don't have the patience coupled with luck with the notes . And it's important to note that you mastered that game since you've completed it on the PS3, PS4 and vita .It won't be the case for a novice who would need some time of adaptation ; some levels are so frustrating you may spend over an hour on them waiting to get a good positionning for the notes

I can't agree with you on this, sorry. If you don't have the patience to play the game, that means to me that you are dropping it, therefore not increasing the playtime. I didn't master the game at all, each new replay was like a new run, I have very short memory, I was simply very aware that effort isn't equal to success on DeathMode while persistance is, so whenever I had a starting spawn all over the place, I would suicide to retry because it wasn't worth the effort to run an already-failed run. I do agree some levels are frustrating, there is one big map huge with some bolts being shot from each side that you need to take 23 notes (it's a -genica level) that's painful to complete, but again, there isn't much on this game that requires skill. Anyone putting persistance in this game is able to take the platinum out of it.

I don't think we need a 4th thread on this. It isn't hard, just takes a bit of time for a good sequence to show up. Levels are incredibly short so it is no trouble to simply restart a level.

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/11819-hardmode-is-total-bs/

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/11340-how-hard-to-platinum-this-game/

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/11393-death-mode/

• Like 2

It's luck-based. So that just means people got lucky at some point. Nothing weird there :P

I'm incredibly unsure whether I should start this...seems like half the people say Death Mode is awful and frustrating and half say it's easy...

it is aweful and frustrating :) but game is fun too. and only skill you need is patience ! so give it a try . it is really good game.

I'm incredibly unsure whether I should start this...seems like half the people say Death Mode is awful and frustrating and half say it's easy...

It isn't incredibly frustrating as people are making it out to be, I honestly think a lot of people are just in it for the easy trophies and are just like "WAIT WHAT? I ACTUALLY HAVE TO PUT EFFORT?" when Death Mode comes around. It is indeed a fun game in my opinion, and it just requires a little persistence to do Death Mode. You will learn from your mistakes to know which spawns for each level are possible with your skill-level and which are not. It didn't take too long to finish it, I recall buying it on the morning of a day, playing it a decent amount, taking a break, and platinuming it on the day I bought it. Try it out; as long as you're not easily frustrated by games, you'll be all good.

• Like 1

It isn't incredibly frustrating as people are making it out to be, I honestly think a lot of people are just in it for the easy trophies and are just like "WAIT WHAT? I ACTUALLY HAVE TO PUT EFFORT?" when Death Mode comes around. It is indeed a fun game in my opinion, and it just requires a little persistence to do Death Mode. You will learn from your mistakes to know which spawns for each level are possible with your skill-level and which are not. It didn't take too long to finish it, I recall buying it on the morning of a day, playing it a decent amount, taking a break, and platinuming it on the day I bought it. Try it out; as long as you're not easily frustrated by games, you'll be all good.

I agree, 100%.  Its not that bad at all at least it was not for me.  Yes some of the death modes are tricky but I would not even call them hard.  They just take a bit of practice but most will get them within a few tries.  Too many gamers these days are expecting trophies to pop for just playing a game, you have to earn them :-)

Death mode can be difficult and require quite a few tries, but each death mode level is only like 30 seconds or less so even though it requires a bit of persistence sometimes until you can get a lucky break it's not going to take a ridiculous amount of time by any means.

Death mode can be difficult and require quite a few tries, but each death mode level is only like 30 seconds or less so even though it requires a bit of persistence sometimes until you can get a lucky break it's not going to take a ridiculous amount of time by any means.

I see...that seems to be the majority opinion. I might give it a try sometime soon, it might increase my patience with games ^_^

you will see that you need some luck sometimes to get easy or fast cyscles.

He is just awfully bad oO. I only watched the 5 first minutes, but he NEVER uses the ability to make the ball faster (using R1 if i remember correctly?)

Of course he isn't fast enough if he doesnt uses everything the game has to offer... But i agree, the second level he shows is one of the hardest.

Seriously, this game is absolutely not luck based if you know how to play it. Of course, luck can make it harder or easier, but if you play well, you'll almost never lose.

I finished most of the deathmode level in a single try, and for the other levels, i never spend more than 30 minutes before succeeding... And everyone succeed as fast as i did. 

Sound shape is absolutely not a hard game, that's why it is a 40% platinum. But yeah, it is still a lot harder than any telltale platinum...

Edited by lesk8vaincra

I find it odd that people are calling Sound Shapes "luck based". That wasn't my experience at all. I don't think the game is as easy as the number might suggest, but neither do I think it's as hard as the TC makes it out to be. Certainly, as far as rhythm games go, this is probably the easiest in my library.