37% Platinum ? Something wrong!

vipers2314

I see...that seems to be the majority opinion. I might give it a try sometime soon, it might increase my patience with games ^_^

SoundShapes-sensei would change your life, little Akii-chan.

No game would be able to enrage you. The path to true gamingpeace... *takes a deep breath* splendid!

• Like 1

He is just awfully bad oO. I only watched the 5 first minutes, but he NEVER uses the ability to make the ball faster (using R1 if i remember correctly?)

Of course he isn't fast enough if he doesnt uses everything the game has to offer... But i agree, the second level he shows is one of the hardest.

Seriously, this game is absolutely not luck based if you know how to play it. Of course, luck can make it harder or easier, but if you play well, you'll almost never lose.

I finished most of the deathmode level in a single try, and for the other levels, i never spend more than 30 minutes before succeeding... And everyone succeed as fast as i did. 

Sound shape is absolutely not a hard game, that's why it is a 40% platinum. But yeah, it is still a lot harder than any telltale platinum...

the video was not to show how "hard " it is ... it was just a preview what the death mode is looking like. ^^ 

Orbs don't follow a fixed spawn pattern (they do have fixed spawn spots though), but RNG. On some levels, a bad pattern can lead to a timeout while chasing the final orb (and 15 minutes of trial and error), and sometimes you'll finish the map in less than 10 seconds.

From my experience, Disasteroids (jump from orbit 1 to orbit 3 back and forth), Mechanica (corner to corner), Aquatica (orbs spawning on top of the sawblades), Cities (kind of? It's a "large" map) and Thermogenica (jump from platform 1 to platform 4) are the most "difficult" ones. Then again, it all depends on the pattern the RNGods decide to throw at you. 

I see...that seems to be the majority opinion. I might give it a try sometime soon, it might increase my patience with games ^_^

You should try it, about your patience just ask to yourself, what it's more frustrating to you: wasting more than 1 hour going from point A to point B with no save points, and you suddenly die and you have to do every single thing that you did again OR in the worst case scenario lose 50 times in less than 5 min in a death mode of this game.

Edited by GoldenShaka

GUYS, THIS GAME ISN'T HARD IT TOOK ME ONE DAY TO GET THE PLATINUM, NOW STOP SAYING IT IS HARD. I wonder how you find this hard with games like Dark Souls and Demon Souls making this a joke.

Just play it on Vita. You don't want to go to your game shop to buy a new Dualshock.

Dualshock > PS Vita analog sticks

Smaller screen is kinda bad for your eyesight if you play on max brightness for many hours

Well, obviously you shouldn't play on max brightness :D

The point is that you can concentrate better on the smaller screen.

At least that's how I felt it.

I even had problems with the initial level on PS3 and PS4, I definitely wouldn't be able to do Death Mode there.

Sound shapes is 10% skill 90% luck. Best example and imo the hardest challenge is the video below.

You can play perfectly holding square and doing perfect jumps as fast as possible, if the notes don't appear in front of you a good 10 times in a row, the timers simply doesn't allow you to complete it, even if you going full speed and rushing at the notes perfectly.

When starting this thread my intention was not to say that sound shapes is hard , i was just surprised that the game has a 37% platinum rate . Well being a cross buy has a lot to do with such a high completion rate , and i still think that a lot of other easier and non-luck games have much lower platinum % . Like few of you said people get this game expecting a very easy plat , i was just surprised that most of them had the patience to get to the end , usually people give up when things start to get frustrating . Lesk8vaincra's saying it's not luck based at all and he managed to get past some levels without dying , well the only explanation is that you was truly lucky to get the sequence right with your first try , and there's a big difference between not dying and getting the notes before the times runs out .

Sound shapes is 10% skill 90% luck. Best example and imo the hardest challenge is the video below.

You can play perfectly holding square and doing perfect jumps as fast as possible, if the notes don't appear in front of you a good 10 times in a row, the timers simply doesn't allow you to complete it, even if you going full speed and rushing at the notes perfectly.

I totally agree with you ! It all depends on the notes spawning close to each others , even if you make perfect jumps .... you'll never get them on time .

once again, he never uses the R1 button to speed up...

Yeah this video the guy is bad, but I just wanted to link the level I was talking about, but even if you hold square to speed yourself, if you move perfectly full speed everytime, you still need the notes to spawn a good 10 times in a row right in front of you, or else you don't even have time to complete it. This is the least skill based one imo, the notes seem to love spawning the left side then the right side over and over, which makes it impossible. Some a skill based for sure, this was the only one I thought was complete luck.

When starting this thread my intention was not to say that sound shapes is hard , i was just surprised that the game has a 37% platinum rate . Well being a cross buy has a lot to do with such a high completion rate , and i still think that a lot of other easier and non-luck games have much lower platinum % . Like few of you said people get this game expecting a very easy plat , i was just surprised that most of them had the patience to get to the end , usually people give up when things start to get frustrating . Lesk8vaincra's saying it's not luck based at all and he managed to get past some levels without dying , well the only explanation is that you was truly lucky to get the sequence right with your first try , and there's a big difference between not dying and getting the notes before the times runs out .

I totally agree with you ! It all depends on the notes spawning close to each others , even if you make perfect jumps .... you'll never get them on time .

Before it was on Plus, this game had a 53% plat rate, if I remember correctly, so seems the masses that don't know what it's about have severely dropped the rating over the last few weeks.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

If I plat this on one console, and cross save to the other two do I get 3 platinums? I didn't want to make a new thread so I thought I'd bump this.

Yes, that way you will get 3 platinum trophies of which two will auto-pop after you earned your first and used the cross save feature.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So a somewhat related question to this topic. If we disregarded the auto-popped plats from owners and plat achievers, what would the numbers look like?

It wouldn't change anything because the platinum % for each version is tracked differently. It's that a lot of users on this site obtain this platinum because it's a free triple plat on top of the fact it has cheap DLC which can net you hundreds of trophies easily