Deus Ex: Divided Mankind reveals release date and Collector's Edition

Souls_BaKer

Discussion - News

So far stalled for a vague beginning of the year 2016, the release date of the next installment of Deus Ex is accurate and takes the form of a real date noted in her diary. PlayStation Blog reveals indeed that the game be released on February 23, 2016 on PS4.

Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fLO47qs5yw

Source : http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/08/31/deus-ex-mankind-divided-release-date-announced-collectors-edition-detailed/?emcid=social_20150831_51708066&adbid=638328476378927105&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

So many people hating on this pre-order business - look at the dislikes on the video lol.

It is pathetic but no one is forced into pre-ordering the game, people complain so much about pre-order DLC but usually it's not worth it like look at Batman Arkham Knight. Was 10 minutes of gameplay really worth complaining about?

Even Uncharted 4 has multiple pre-order bonuses but I'm still getting both games Day 1.

• Like 1

So many people hating on this pre-order business - look at the dislikes on the video lol.

It is pathetic but no one is forced into pre-ordering the game, people complain so much about pre-order DLC but usually it's not worth it like look at Batman Arkham Knight. Was 10 minutes of gameplay really worth complaining about?

Even Uncharted 4 has multiple pre-order bonuses but I'm still getting both games Day 1.

I don't understand it either aside from different preorder stuff from different outlets. With Amazon it's free to pre-order and you can cancel at any time. Not to mention most major retail stores besides GameStop offer preorders for $1 and again, you can cancel at any time. People act like you're paying extra when you're not...

I gotta say, this pre-order scheme is absolute bullshit. The hope that they can co-opt gamers to do their marketing for them is naked and deplorable. As is the practice of deliberately withholding missions as a pre-order bonus.

With this scheme, if you can't get the whole game at launch, it's not their fault for splitting it into so many different chunks that you'd have had to buy multiple copies from different retailers, ooooh no. Now, Squeenix can blame YOU, the gaming community, for not pre-ordering enough copies. 

The only valid pre-order bonus is a discount. 

P.S. I do pre-order, but only from Amazon and because of their pre-order price guarantee, which usually saves me £10-£15 on a new release. I cancel pre-orders if they announce this kind of bullshit, and will wait for the GOTY edition to come around so I can get the full game.

• Like 1

I gotta say, this pre-order scheme is absolute bullshit. The hope that they can co-opt gamers to do their marketing for them is naked and deplorable. As is the practice of deliberately withholding missions as a pre-order bonus.

With this scheme, if you can't get the whole game at launch, it's not their fault for splitting it into so many different chunks that you'd have had to buy multiple copies from different retailers, ooooh no. Now, Squeenix can blame YOU, the gaming community, for not pre-ordering enough copies. 

The only valid pre-order bonus is a discount. 

P.S. I do pre-order, but only from Amazon and because of their pre-order price guarantee, which usually saves me £10-£15 on a new release. I cancel pre-orders if they announce this kind of bullshit, and will wait for the GOTY edition to come around so I can get the full game.

Absolutely. Pre-orders are inherently anti-consumer and a huge reason why we don't see things like demos in gaming anymore, something that used to be a standard. Pre-order "bonuses" aren't bonuses, they're a punishment to consumers who understandably don't want to throw down $60 on a product that they have no idea about outside of carefully crafted marketing material.

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of people hate the tier system thing they have going on. I'm hoping because of that, it will actually sell poorly, that way, when I eventually get around to playing it (I have a lot of games to get through, 30ish I think), the collectors edition will actually be really cheap on Amazon. And yes, I like the extra shit, although not so much the digital art book and soundtrack.

I got the Hitman and Driver Collector Editions for around £20, it was great  :D Really looking forward to the game itself though, I thought Human Revolution was fantastic.

Absolutely. Pre-orders are inherently anti-consumer and a huge reason why we don't see things like demos in gaming anymore, something that used to be a standard. Pre-order "bonuses" aren't bonuses, they're a punishment to consumers who understandably don't want to throw down $60 on a product that they have no idea about outside of carefully crafted marketing material.

I think the main reason you don't see pre-release demos anymore is because they didn't sell games, and took away from development resources. A more considered marketing message sells more games than a demo ever could, plus a demo could expose the lies or half-truths in the marketing.

But I get where you're coming from. 

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently they have scrapped their tiered pre-order system and everybody who preorders the game will get all of the digital content. Praise the sun! \o/

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/10/01/square-enix-adjusts-deus-ex-mankind-divided-pre-order-plans-following-harsh-feedback.aspx

Oh Snap!

Edited by StrickenBiged