Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hourisathand

Loading Issues

4 posts in this topic

So I've been playing this the past couple of days.  I've noticed some loading issues when transitioning to different parts of the level.  The loading screen just sits there.  Eventually I can hear Barry or Claire being attacked by something but it's still on the loading screen.  Eventually I have to close the game and open it again and I usually lose 10 minutes of gameplay.  It's not that bad but I had to do it three times alone last night.  Anyone have this issue?

So I've been playing this the past couple of days.  I've noticed some loading issues when transitioning to different parts of the level.  The loading screen just sits there.  Eventually I can hear Barry or Claire being attacked by something but it's still on the loading screen.  Eventually I have to close the game and open it again and I usually lose 10 minutes of gameplay.  It's not that bad but I had to do it three times alone last night.  Anyone have this issue?

Yep, i heard the same thing on ps3t.org and i found the way to "fix" it.

This happens very often, every time you open a door that has a loading screen this has a chance of happening. The reason this happens is because even though you have a black screen, your character is still standing in the stage and if you get hit it will never load, you can't move or do anything so your character will die and the game will softlock. The way to know this has been triggered is by looking at the bottom of the screen, you'll see a line there, and as you know your character will start yelling and whatnot since they're getting hit.

What you must do is very simple... once you see that line at the bottom, just pause the game with start, press up on the d-pad and then X, a pop up will show up and you can choose to go back to the Main Menu, do that and it's fixed, now go ahead and choose continue to go back to your last checkpoint. This is better than closing the game app and having to reset the whole game... if you can, try to kill and/or not alert any enemy before going through a loading screen door, that way you won't get hit and it won't trigger this dumb glitch.

Thanks for the reply!  I haven't had any issues in the second chapter but I will keep this in mind if it happens again!

That's actually the long way of doing it. This happened to me at least 4 times and I can confirm that once one of your characters dies you can just press X and it will restart from your last checkpoint.

The reason being is that once you die you are on the "You Are Dead" screen and hitting X will select the first option which is retry.

Edited by Blue Flare