Pokemon Shuffle mobile out now in the West

TheVader66

When I was deciding over which handheld to get, I was always loyal to Nintendo handhelds (even having Gamboy Advance SP NES edition) over any other because I love Pokemon, even having two box full of level 100s and capturing every legendary except mew :( that was until I got burned out by the series and I switch to the Playstation Vita because it had the Hyperdimension Neptunia series. Lucky it turned out well the PSVita introduced me to new series of games that I love but I do miss Pokemon. Luckly now, Pokemon Shuffle has been released to the West. Here are my screenshots of the game.

Available now: in the App store and Google Play, it is free but it has in app purchases.

Here is where you start out, the first 10 are just tutorial on the game and every time you fight against a pokemon: one of the hearts in the top left corner is used up but the jewel in the top right corner could be used to refill the hearts.

Screenshot_2015-09-01-14-22-59_zpsusxcx7

Here is what the game basically looks like you. If match three of the same pokemon it will inflict damage to the foe, if you match four of the same pokemon, the pokemon will do a special move that inflict more damage. Also if you have a pokemon capable of mega evolution along with its item, it could mega evolve if you fill the bar below the moves remaining. Also everytime after defeating a pokemon, you will have an opportunity to capture it, the chances increase if you have all lot of moves left. Remember there is diffrence between special moves (moves done with four of the same pokemon) and moves (turns).

Screenshot_2015-09-01-13-57-14_zps9hrnlf

Also to celebrate its release, for a limited time you can capture mew. (I am finally going to fucking get you, even if it's just a spin off game)

Screenshot_2015-09-01-14-23-08_zpsdoe8oc

Edited by TheVader66
  • Like 1

Oh, it's a thread? :D

I also started it to get some Pokemon feelings back, so far so good =D

I'm a bit surprised you can freely move tiles whenever you want, kinda unexpected from "connect 3" game =D

Also, guys, do not forget to pick up Lucarionite ;)

The code is 65607110

But damn, 30 minutes heart cool-down? That's not gonna be taken well... Trying to cash too soon, Nintendo, too soon.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

But damn, 30 minutes heart cool-down? That's not gonna be taken well... Trying to cash too soon, Nintendo, too soon.

Its the same time that was given when this game launched on the eShop, it didnt really cause an uproar back then either. Plus, if you really like the game, and want to play it without any of those little annoyances you could always pick up Pokemon trozei, which is essentially the same game, but full.

Edited by Demigod

I've played a couple hours of this on the eShop.

I like it on 3DS, because it's a free 3DS game and there isn't many of those, and it's actually quite fun.

However I would never even consider picking it up for my phone because there's so many better free games and better match 3 games on there.

Anything free by Nintendo is a good thing, but the second this game left my Nintendo console I had no interest, the little uniqueness it had was owed entirely to the console on which it was exclusive, now, by being available on a larger marketplace, it's just another free match 3 in a sea of millions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I suppose it would be ok/appropriate to hijack this thread?

Maybe for any users that play the mobile version we could post things/tips here for fun. Talk about whichever Event is out or maybe a stage we are stuck on?

3DS users obviously welcome as well. (you lucky bastards you...)

Currently:

Mega Banette Event is live. Use of Mega Start, Attack Power ^, and Disrupt Delay are available to use.

My strongest possible team at the moment to use is Mega Gengar(10), Giratina(10), Zoroark(10), and Mightyena(10)

Without items I've been able to score 26134 due to some very lucky combo counts.

Main Stages:

At 220 where Vivilon is busting my ass. Currently saving up coins through massive Ampharos level grinding to use a few that might help me. Not really concerned with catching it at this point.

• Like 1

Planning to wait with Banette stage for a while.

Then do one or two itemless runs and if I need item run.

I don't really want to waste coins =D

Plus, Banette is not high on my priority list as I don't even have it =D (I better go catch it =D) EDIT: Oh well, got it =D

As for team, I'll be using M-Gengar (7) Giratina (8) Dusknoir (6) Absol (6)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

Kinda glad to see at least a couple people posted. :)

Wish I had Yveltal. :facepalm:

That 100 maxed power would be nice. Blaziken, Yveltal, and Xerneas are the only expert stage pokemon I haven't caught from the 20 stages I've unlocked. :( After I'm done maxing out just a few more pokemon for heavy hitting teams I'm going after them. Especially Xerneas as I have no strong fairy types.

My stats for the moment are,

231 Pokemon Caught

238  Stages Cleared

121 Max Combo.

Got 28k on Mega Banette level on first try ^_^ must have been lucky since second attempt only got 14k -_- both runs were itemless ^_^

Wow, nice o.O Definitely nice setup you had.

I had 15.5k.

I wonder if an attack power up + mega start on aerodactyl could make a difference due to the start of the stage. Without using a DD some extra points might be squeezed out.

Mega Aero clears rocks, not black blocks =D

Wonder what the top five players will be using. My current rank is 7102. 

It seems they don't want to show that in this event =D

This game was *decent* as a free to play game on the 3DS that has less free to play games than I have fingers.

On Android/iOS, this game really has nothing at all going for it other than the Pokemon name, luckily for it, that's all you need to sell a shitload anyway.

I suppose it would be ok/appropriate to hijack this thread?

Maybe for any users that play the mobile version we could post things/tips here for fun. Talk about whichever Event is out or maybe a stage we are stuck on?

3DS users obviously welcome as well. (you lucky bastards you...)

Currently:

Mega Banette Event is live. Use of Mega Start, Attack Power ^, and Disrupt Delay are available to use.

My strongest possible team at the moment to use is Mega Gengar(10), Giratina(10), Zoroark(10), and Mightyena(10)

Without items I've been able to score 26134 due to some very lucky combo counts.

Main Stages:

At 220 where Vivilon is busting my ass. Currently saving up coins through massive Ampharos level grinding to use a few that might help me. Not really concerned with catching it at this point.

You have my permission to Hijack this thread, since I am way too busy with The Compile Heart Community and Love Live School Idol Festival. Though I do have two questions to ask to people before I hand it to you.

What is your most powerfull pokemon team?

Since I am play Love Live School Idol Festival more than Pokemon Shuffle, my team is horribly weak.

fp8rpr_zps7ynpnaf7.png

Also how many Legendary pokemon do you guys?

I have Mew, Mewtwo and Giratina

pg_zps2gukoj4h.png

Mega Aero clears rocks, not black blocks =D

I'm more than certain the ability erases black blocks too. The Mega Ability reads: "Erases rocks and blocks (max 10) and also does damage to the foe".

You have my permission to Hijack this thread, since I am way too busy with The Compile Heart Community and Love Live School Idol Festival. Though I do have two questions to ask to people before I hand it to you.

Sorry about that. :P

My most powerful team depends on who I'm facing. I'll just list out who I have maxed for a better idea...

100 Max Attack: Latias, Garchomp, Cresselia, Giratina, Mewtwo, Heatran, Dragonite

90 Max Attack: Shaymin, Milotic, Rayquaza, Groudon, Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno, Scizor, Aurorus, Gengar, Swampert, Sceptile, Lucario, Zoroark, Ninetails, Nidoqueen, Ampharos

80 Max Attack: MIghtyena, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Stunfisk, Marowak, Grovyle, Slowbro, Donphan, Altaria, Charizard

70 Max Attack: Mawile, Sableye

^I'm not done maxing out yet either. I'm not even bothering with fairy and flying types since I have no good ones. If I could catch Salamence I'd train him in a heart beat. And hopefully I'll be able to snag Gardevoir in the future if I ever get by Vivilon. 

As for legendary pokemon...I'm not too sure since this game has pokemon from games I haven't played and idk who is legendary and who isn't.

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle
  • Like 1

Curently farming coins on the meowth level non stop to catch that bad boy.

DD + Attack Power is more than enough if you have full fighting team =)

His stage is not particularly hard to beat if he's not spamming disruptions.

I only have 2 maxed mons so... Arceus and Regigigas with 100BP and Garchomp, Palkia, Landorus with 96BP.

All, including that darned Phione from previous Safari.

I'm more than certain the ability erases black blocks too. The Mega Ability reads: "Erases rocks and blocks (max 10) and also does damage to the foe".

Okay, I guess =D 

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Can't do any better since my first attempt guess I'll buy attack plus if I need to rank ^_^

1422490_10154003770496833_65551371541769

How many facebook friends you need to have for stacking all those hearts? damn.........

DD + Attack Power is more than enough if you have full fighting team =)

His stage is not particularly hard to beat if he's not spamming disruptions.

I only have 2 maxed mons so... Arceus and Regigigas with 100BP and Garchomp, Palkia, Landorus with 96BP.

All, including that darned Phione from previous Safari.

Okay, I guess =D 

Coins are needed for greatball though. My luck sucks so much in this game so I better go prepared with at least 30K coins.

How many facebook friends you need to have for stacking all those hearts? damn.........

Coins are needed for greatball though. My luck sucks so much in this game so I better go prepared with at least 30K coins.

Pretty sure I have about 40 sum - I still receive hearts from people who are not in 25 list ^_^ - just make sure to login often if you plan to add more people - 3 hearts are still Max if you don't collect them ^_^