Pokemon Shuffle mobile out now in the West

TheVader66

17 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Also, I wonder how the Lipstick Wobbuffet and Victini will be handled now? That special wobbuffet wasn't around long. 2 weeks. And with Victini discontinued I wonder if new people will be able to get it as it's a strong psychic hitter.

Wobba will surely return and I would bet on Victini normal/expert stage eventually.

4 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Wobba will surely return and I would bet on Victini normal/expert stage eventually.

There were 2 different wobbuffet's though. The Lipstick version wasn't around long at all. I don't see it returning for at least 1 year unless GS gets bored and decides to alternate between all 4 stages. :hmm: 

I could see a normal stage for Victini for sure. Especially with PSBs considering they didn't give it a drop feature for the once a week it appeared. <_< 

29 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

There were 2 different wobbuffet's though

Yea, I meant the uglier one.

Though, as a free stage, whoever wanted to catch it probably did already.

Anyway, followed your advice and used some Skill Boosters to max Meloetta =D 

One L match and Mew2 was maxed :awesome: 

But the coin drop was abysmal today... got only 5600...

And I'm starting to hate the fact that they replaced Victini with Magearna... the damned Fairy type has too many resistances.

1 minute ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Yea, I meant the uglier one.

Though, as a free stage, whoever wanted to catch it probably did already.

Anyway, followed your advice and used some Skill Boosters to max Meloetta =D 

One L match and Mew2 was maxed :awesome: 

But the coin drop was abysmal today... got only 5600...

And I'm starting to hate the fact that they replaced Victini with Magearna... the damned Fairy type has too many resistances.

lol "the ugly one" ...that could be either one. xD 

Nice on Meloetta. I don't think I'd ever skill boost it but if it works for you then cool.

I don't worry about resistances for Magearna. :P I bring pokemon that need an enormous amount of exp. Today was Mudkip, Donphan, Angry Pikachu, and Tentacruel. 

I will throw an SE team at Magearna soon though. I want to capture it. 

Just now, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I don't think I'd ever skill boost it but if it works for you then cool.

Because you don't use the correct Meowth farming team :awesome: 

1 minute ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I bring pokemon that need an enormous amount of exp.

And pay for Moves+5, right? :awesome: 

lol rayquaza and eject++ served me better than the psychic team ever did. ;)

That's an old fashion way!
Maxed Mew2 + Meloetta for the win :awesome:

Hell yeah I spend for +5 lol. Not today though it was free lmfao. 

Which means you spend useless 1K :awesome:

I don't need to do that :awesome: 

22 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

That's an old fashion way!
Maxed Mew2 + Meloetta for the win :awesome:

Which means you spend useless 1K :awesome:

I don't need to do that :awesome: 

I had to catch up because I needed to candy my MMY.

Not useless when I'm ahead of the level grinding...not to mention that's the only reason Victini/Magearna exist. I get the feeling you'd quit the game if you had all maxed pokemon lol.

8 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Well... most likely I would =D

Because... on serious note, what else would the game offer? =D

I suppose I neglected to think about what what I said entailed due to lack of specificity. :facepalm:

I meant it to mean if you had all your current pokemon maxed lol. :P 

No matter. Everyone plays for different reasons. 

26 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

So if you lost your phone all your progress is lost forever. At his point developers should add some sort of protection for your account because there is so much  work put in the game.

Did you lost your phone? Or did that happen to someone you know?

3 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Did you lost your phone? Or did that happen to someone you know?

My friend who also plays the game forgot his phone in a store like 15 minutes from her place. When she notice that she went back inmediately and she was lucky the phone was exactly were she left it. But it would have been horrible to lose all that progress. She's more advanced than me in the game :unsure:

1 hour ago, Aexuz said:

But it would have been horrible to lose all that progress. She's more advanced than me in the game :unsure:

That's for sure... 

But isn't the serial number on the main screen usable for recovering the account progress one way or another? (With Ninty or doing it yourself)

24 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

That's for sure... 

But isn't the serial number on the main screen usable for recovering the account progress one way or another? (With Ninty or doing it yourself)

I think that in order to use the code you need to deactivate your account from your phone first and you can only do this once every month.

2 hours ago, Aexuz said:

So if you lost your phone all your progress is lost forever. At his point developers should add some sort of protection for your account because there is so much  work put in the game.

I know she recovered her phone, but does she perhaps use the Facebook way of logging in?

I wonder what would happen if you tried downloading the app and logging in through facebook on a different phone?

10 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

I think that in order to use the code you need to deactivate your account from your phone first and you can only do this once every month.

I wrote my Client Number down anyways just as a precaution. I think the transfer code is the one that you can do only once a month. The Client Number may just be what you need for recovering your account in case things were lost? I'm curious as to how long a single transfer code lasts now though. If I ever lost my account on mobile I'd never start again.

17 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I know she recovered her phone, but does she perhaps use the Facebook way of logging in?

I wonder what would happen if you tried downloading the app and logging in through facebook on a different phone?

I wrote my Client Number down anyways just as a precaution. I think the transfer code is the one that you can do only once a month. The Client Number may just be what you need for recovering your account in case things were lost? I'm curious as to how long a single transfer code lasts now though. If I ever lost my account on mobile I'd never start again.

Yeah but the transfer code is what the game ask you when you want to start on a different phone. I have done it like 3 times already switching between my Ipad and my old phone. The client number is only used for adding friends.

Just now, Aexuz said:

Yeah but the transfer code is what the game ask you when you want to start on a different phone. I have done it like 3 times already switching between my Ipad and my old phone. The client number is only used for adding friends.

Client Number and Friend Code are different things though?

Client Number is at the main screen before pressing start. It's a 16 digit code. I can't see GS not being able to help you if you have that number unless there really is no way of just giving you your account back.

It's something I think about because eventually I'm going to upgrade my phone. I always wondered if tying it to my FB would somehow make it easier to log in from other devices.

10 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Client Number and Friend Code are different things though?

Client Number is at the main screen before pressing start. It's a 16 digit code. I can't see GS not being able to help you if you have that number unless there really is no way of just giving you your account back.

It's something I think about because eventually I'm going to upgrade my phone. I always wondered if tying it to my FB would somehow make it easier to log in from other devices.

I mixed up things.. my bad ?. Yeah those are are different things just checked it up. But when I entered the CLIENT ID screen it say that you also need the transfer password if you want to recover your account. I'm now wondering if you can issue a transfer password and save it without using it.

3 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

I mixed up things.. my bad 1f602.png. Yeah those are are different things just checked it up. But when I entered the CLIENT ID screen it say that you also need the transfer password if you want to recover your account. I'm now wondering if you can issue a transfer password and save it without using it.

29 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I had that thought when I first commented lol.

There should definitely be some sort of easier protocol for account recovery.

8 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I had that thought when I first commented lol.

There should definitely be some sort of easier protocol for account recovery.

Exactly. I haven't seen info on account recovery on reddit thread yet. Maybe there are some posts there to clear some doubts.

1 hour ago, Aexuz said:

Exactly. I haven't seen info on account recovery on reddit thread yet. Maybe there are some posts there to clear some doubts.

There are a couple I found. This one seems to answer our question in full though. Maybe pass it on to your friend.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonShuffle/comments/4dxqco/phone_broke_lost_all_my_progress/

lol all this kind of makes me happy I have zero need for a phone outside so I only use it in house. :D 

34 hearts. 3 pokemon to show for it. Absolutely pathetic.

I couldn't catch Grimer or Popplio despite S-ranking both several times.

It took 25 hearts to catch diglett, rattata, and raticate. Couldn't even beat Dugtrio and missed the only time I ran into rockruff.

Beat Sandslash and didn't catch it. Lost against Lunala but that was expected going in blind. Beat Cosmoem but didn't catch.

There's another free trial for 15 minutes no hearts. I suggest using up all of your hearts before using it because these catch rates suck so much ass that you want the free hearts to be used for whatever you might have left.

EDIT:

Used the trial, caught rockruff on the 2nd time I encountered it. Saw Dugtrio twice. Beat it the first time in 2 moves. Second time I beat it with 3 moves. Great ball chances came in at 68% and 60%. I only have 5000 coins left and couldn't risk a GB unless the SCR was at least 90% and both of those would have reached max. Need that weekend meowth so bad right now lol. Even though I'll only get around 18K it will be a huge help.

EDIT2:

Finally saved up 7K for Lunala and used my free AP^. Beat it and got 3 shakes on a GB at 42%. FUCK.THIS.GAME.

200 coins left and I still haven't caught Dugtrio and took me 18 hearts today to catch Popplio. I'm skipping the Decidueye item run and will likely have to skip alolan sandslash and lunala and just build up my coin count again for the main stages.

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

On 2017-5-8 at 5:25 PM, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

There are a couple I found. This one seems to answer our question in full though. Maybe pass it on to your friend.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonShuffle/comments/4dxqco/phone_broke_lost_all_my_progress/

lol all this kind of makes me happy I have zero need for a phone outside so I only use it in house. :D 

So if you have your Client ID you are good to go in case you lose your phone.

Haven't seen Dugtrio a single time after more than 25 hearts and I'm still missing Ratata. I'm waiting for special meowth to get more coins for the other events.

2 hours ago, Aexuz said:

So if you have your Client ID you are good to go in case you lose your phone.

Haven't seen Dugtrio a single time after more than 25 hearts and I'm still missing Ratata. I'm waiting for special meowth to get more coins for the other events.

That's what the thread would have us believe. Taking other people's words on things can be hit or miss. :P 

I hear ya man. It's going to take me at least a month to recover and catch up coin-wise. I won't be doing my last 13 S-ranks if I want to stand a chance of keeping up with the special stages over the next 2-3 weeks. (and that's after potentially having to skip sandslash and lunala)