Brace yourselves...OKAMI HD

Lady Lilith

:holy: awesome. i honestly never really finished okami, but the game itself was amazing. i gave up on the game around 30 minutes in because it was too hard ;-; but then again, back then i was a casual gamer. PRE ORDER!! NAO!!!

This will be a day one purchase for me. I bought it on the PlayStation 2 and loved it, the Wii and loved it and I'm sure it will be even better on the PlayStation 3. I think they'll incorporate Move and this is one game where it could work very well.

Parker

oh... yeah... i forgot its by capcom... and that it will ONLY be released on PSN :( i wanted a blu ray. since its by capcom, that means no platinum. still will get this though

Well that sucks. I was hoping for an actual physical release as well. I may wait to get this if I don't get a pretty little case as well. :unsure:

Parker

Well that sucks. I was hoping for an actual physical release as well. I may wait to get this if I don't get a pretty little case as well. :unsure:

Parker

well, you can always import from japan. japan always gets a physical copy. personally, i will wait. Prince of persia HD collection physical was supposed to be europe exclusive, i get the european version from my grandma in europe, the next day after it comes in the mail, THEY ANNOUNCE ITS COMING OUT IN AMERICA!! THE RAGE!!! i think this will happen with resident evil as well once darkside chronicles and umbrella chronicles come out. its possible it will happen with okami as well.

I'll have to play this game as I never played it on the PS2, looks great. I'd prefer a physical copy but I might settle for a PSN download..

Also this reveal video says theres 51 trophies including a platinum :awesome:

Edited by C 34 Myers

51 trophies including a platinum?! Holy crap, if that's true, that makes up for a lack of a disc release. I mean, I knew there was a platinum cause of the PSN blog article...but dang, I dreaded when I heard 'PSN' cause most PSN games only have like 12 trophies or something stupid.

This is looking better and better with Move support.

Edited by gamerm1337

I heard somewhere in the blog article that this is only $20. Can anyone confirm this? Because I don't see it in the video. This makes me even happier, although realistically I wouldn't expect a PSN release to be more than $20-25.

They said it was going to be about $20 on Capcom's US blog :)

£15.99 /€19.99 for EU

What's this game like? I never played it?

Gameplay? Story? (no spoilers) Difficulty?

I just watched the trailer in C 34 Myers post, and it certainly looks intriguing.

It's quite similar to Zelda in it's structure. My memory is a bit fuzzy but I believe there's a large outer-world and several dungeons. You acquire new brush strokes that all have distinct abilities (like creating a gust of wind or a bomb among many other things) and are often used to defeat a boss or uncover a secret/inaccessible area.

The story is all about (again fuzzy memory) bringing life to a dead world. I don't remember it being too difficult. The gameplay is a mixture of puzzle solving and combat, much like Zelda. It was/is an amazing game and if you never played it I would HIGHLY recommend playing it. Too bad it is just Okami instead of a Clover Studios collection, I'd love for the Viewtiful Joe games to make the jump as well.

Edited by skidmarkgn

It's quite similar to Zelda in it's structure. My memory is a bit fuzzy but I believe there's a large outer-world and several dungeons. You acquire new brush strokes that all have distinct abilities (like creating a gust of wind or a bomb among many other things) and are often used to defeat a boss or uncover a secret/inaccessible area.

The story is all about (again fuzzy memory) bringing life to a dead world. I don't remember it being too difficult. The gameplay is a mixture of puzzle solving and combat, much like Zelda. It was/is an amazing game and if you never played it I would HIGHLY recommend playing it. Too bad it is just Okami instead of a Clover Studios collection, I'd love for the Viewtiful Joe games to make the jump as well.

Thanks, but comparing it to Zelda games is lost on me. Believe it or not, I've never played Zelda. Not one of them. But Okami sounds good. I might have to pick it up.

Hmmm... how about Darksiders then... *checks Shadow's trophy list*... Dammit!! :P

I've played a tiny bit of Darksiders, (free on PS+), but not enjoying that. That's why I'm only playing it on my alt account. I think it's more about what Darksiders IS though. It's very dark, gritty and depressing. Okami is surely different.

I've played a tiny bit of Darksiders, (free on PS+), but not enjoying that. That's why I'm only playing it on my alt account. I think it's more about what Darksiders IS though. It's very dark, gritty and depressing. Okami is surely different.

Well, Okami starts out all dark and depressing...but you , the player, make it all bright and cheerful...boingy flowers FTW!!