Need some serious help with protective father trophy/scroll!

zafira1290

This is bullshit! I finally just got to the top of that motherfucking tower with electricity crap all over it. Then realised that u have to do that actually faster than the scroll! arggghhhh!!!! So much raged already! I didn't thought about this being so challenging because of the rarity of platinum! :(

Took me more tries than I'm willing to admit to get this also.  I found I needed to take a break between 10 or more tries as my "rage" was building.  Its most definitely achievable but is somewhat tricky.  Having a good fast upward momentum from the start was key for me and do try and remain calm.

Edited by markcavan

Damn it...so there's more frustration to come. Yay.

Yup Yup! Fricken annoying as i was looking for easy relaxing game to play/plat but no, i had one of the biggest rage i've had for a long time! X( Gonna finish the platinum tomorrow anyways...

Could someone tell how i get back to the bottom of the tower cause i'm on the top now and wanna get that hardest trophy before moving on.

Yup Yup! Fricken annoying as i was looking for easy relaxing game to play/plat but no, i had one of the biggest rage i've had for a long time! X( Gonna finish the platinum tomorrow anyways...Could someone tell how i get back to the bottom of the tower cause i'm on the top now and wanna get that hardest trophy before moving on.

I know the feeling, I was looking forward to playing this but not really enjoying it...

Yea that scroll was annoying but it's really just practice, I got mad a few times aswell trust me, you CAN hold up before jumping if you want, it brings up the camera, but I found it harder this way simply because I wasn't moving left and right properly and it was causing me to hit electricity since you have to keep holding up if you do it this way.

• Like 1

You found the shortcut to get back down, right? I never did...

That saves you a lot of time, but you need the wand to open it. 

See my guide (link in sig). As long as you are travelling faster than the scroll at the beginning of the chute, you'll get to the top before it. 

It's the hardest one in the game. All downhill from there.

Just in case it helps anyone else: I wrapped an old ponytail band around the right stick/under the triggers to lock it upright and used the D-pad to steer. Could see ahead pretty well, and movement was much less slippery. Just have to make sure to get a boost at the start, undo the camera/force it down when you get up top to catch it, and memorize/check a picture for the directions you need to take.

Took me about three minutes to get up there the first time after that (twenty to twenty-fiveish beforehand, never made it to the spinny bits), though I had to reload a backup save and repeat it a few times to get the timing right for the scroll jump instead of just standing and watching it whiz by in front of me.

...The stupid scroll in the room before it, on the other hand, took me an hour and a half to get the jump right, and it was pure luck then.

Edited by SyIaris
  • Like 1

I finally got it like an hour ago, you need to get up before the scroll. When you beat the sun?( the one-eyed robot) there is another chance to get it, just make sure not to die when you're near the top, because you will be spawned on the top and trust me, going down it hard as going up.

It took me more than 200 tries before i finally did it.

This one is definitely hard, it did take me while to get it. However, comparing to Sound Shapes' Death Mode, I think this one is not too bad.

is death mode that hard? i really wanted to get this plat, but if it is that frustrating i don't even want to try it.  :unsure:

I did it last night. To be honest, didn't count, but it took me at least 20-30 tries to get this trophy. It's so annoying and frustrating. I left it last, after the scroll was faster than me first time.

Just as above said, there's no real shortcut to get back immediatelly, but after your boss fight with giant eye, you will fall to the bottom of the tower and on the left side you'll have a blue energy ''tube''. Just use your blue cloak to get back to the place where scroll is.

Just practice. Be patient. If after 10 tries you don't get it, quit for half an hour and try again. Good luck :)

Edited by whyfire
  • Like 2

Unfortunately for me i was too slow the first time and got checkpointed at the top, so I did this part backwards and restarted the race, that wasn't fun.

You actually didn't need to, there is a wall that you can break when you get the laser gun(later on), and you can quickly get back down. :) Luckily I saw someone from another forum post this suggestion, otherwise I would have been stuck. 

• Like 1

I finally got it like an hour ago, you need to get up before the scroll. When you beat the sun?( the one-eyed robot) there is another chance to get it, just make sure not to die when you're near the top, because you will be spawned on the top and trust me, going down it hard as going up.

There is a shortcut to get back down from the top. Just below the top spawn point, on the right hand side. 

You need the laser beam to break the entrance and access it. 

Unfortunately for me i was too slow the first time and got checkpointed at the top, so I did this part backwards and restarted the race, that wasn't fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I don't know whether I've already introduced myself, if not.. sorry in advance. I've just got that *swear word* trophy you were writing about and it's been freaking hard. I don't know after how many attempts I arrived at the top, but I've finally did it. I was about to surrender and I hope there aren't other scrolls harder to catch, because the next time I won't do it. 

p.s.: Excuse me about some grammar errors, but I'm Italian. See you ;)

• Like 1

The key for me was getting a good fast start for the laser part, then releasing the cloak button for a split second to slow down before the pinwheels. They're much more manageable if you aren't going at top speed, and as long as you started out fast you should be far enough ahead of the scroll to beat it to the top. Took about 40mins of failed attempts at top speed, only two attempts once I slowed down at the end. 

• Like 2

I just jumped back down and dodged the lazer things IIRC. Took me 2 goes to get it going up, but probably at least 20 or so tries to get him to go back down, I feared I wouldn't be able to go back to that area and grab the collectible so I never left the area until I finally got it.

If you feel like you aren't going to make it to the scroll in time yet are close to the autosave point, I'd recommend intentionally dying to start again instead of trying to find a way down. But as stated already, the key is a fast start at the beginning. After a while you should memorize the pattern enough to eventually get it, I'd hope.

The key for me was getting a good fast start for the laser part, then releasing the cloak button for a split second to slow down before the pinwheels. They're much more manageable if you aren't going at top speed, and as long as you started out fast you should be far enough ahead of the scroll to beat it to the top. Took about 40mins of failed attempts at top speed, only two attempts once I slowed down at the end. 

This! I came here to tell the same :)

• Like 1

Damn! This was a tough one to get! I'm glad I got it outta the way.

I just wanna say "Thanks!" @StrickenBiged and @candicajean for their tips, which proved most helpful.

BTW, is there any particular reason why most recent trophy lists don't have tips associated?

Is it just that nobody cares to add them anymore? 'Cause I used to like to read 'em.

• Like 2