Need some serious help with protective father trophy/scroll!

zafira1290

Damn! This was a tough one to get! I'm glad I got it outta the way.

I just wanna say "Thanks!" @StrickenBiged and @candicajean for their tips, which proved most helpful.

BTW, is there any particular reason why most recent trophy lists don't have tips associated?

Is it just that nobody cares to add them anymore? 'Cause I used to like to read 'em.

They removed the feature for tips because of having Trophy Guides now.

• Like 1

This is bullshit! I finally just got to the top of that motherfucking tower with electricity crap all over it. Then realised that u have to do that actually faster than the scroll! arggghhhh!!!! So much raged already! I didn't thought about this being so challenging because of the rarity of platinum! :(

It really isn't all that much of a challenge either. I did the platinum in less than 5 hours. :P

• 2 weeks later...

This is the trophy that I'm trying to get now, and it really is driving me crazy.  I haven't even been able to get past the 4th or 5th electricity hazard yet, due to the ultra-sensitive controls sending me flying in all directions with even the slightest nudge of the analog stick.  Tried using the D-pad a few times, but that really isn't helping me either.  I see people on YT videos flying in perfectly straight lines and can't understand how they're doing it - I'm being thrown about all over the place; usually into an electricity beam, or outside of the blue beam that you have to ride to the top, which results in me falling and having to restart.  I was enjoying the game up until this point!

Any tips that might help me out?

EDIT: I can vouch for the D-Pad method making it easier to ascend the shaft.  It still took me several dozen attempts, but it's definitely easier to control yourself.  Just make sure you get that initial speed boost when jumping off the switch.  I'll never be doing it again though!

Edited by StewartBros

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, it took me a lot of tries to reach the top, only to realize that I forgot to activate the switch and the scroll never went up!!!

Damn!!! :facepalm: 

I was afraid that could never get back to here (or have to start a new game) so, I went down to the starting point to kill myself and have a saving point to start over...

Already have it, and yes, using the D-Pad makes it easier, a good start is a must and after you get this thropy, it will be a looooot easier!!!

Regards from Mexico!!! :) 

• Like 1

I remember this tropyh well... took me several tries to even see that i have to be faster than the trophy itself... didn't count either but needed 20 tries at least

And personally i think this is the hardest trophy in the game.... although a great game :)

is death mode that hard? i really wanted to get this plat, but if it is that frustrating i don't even want to try it.  :unsure:

I think Death Mode isn't that hard but luck based... the notes can spawn 10 times in many places same times far away and same times really close... i quited some levels 10 seconds after starting wheny everything seemed bad

• 2 months later...

As already said: fast start and use of D-pad is key [esp on vita].. also the first part is much harder than the second. For the second part just stick to the middle and make minor adjustments to avoid the spinning wheel things. Also, I found that a lot of the movement needed in the lower section is literally dash left & right so long as you enter the area in the correct position.

My other tip is that after making the initial fast start there is a gap between the two sets of electricity and you can take a little break on a ledge to the right [i think where the short cut exit is]. And then take a new jump. This helps if you find you end up with too much momentum nearer the top and you will still beat the scroll. It also helps you reset to make sure you are perfectly on the right side and can execute the next two left dashes.

After initially going though the area super slow [and being really pleased with myself only to discover the scroll didn't stop at the top!] I thought it was going to be a nightmare to come back to but these approaches helped for me. I would also recommend coming back after getting the wand as the shortcut with make repeated attempts much less frustrating.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I struggled with this a bit last night, and turned it off before grinding it out...and read this thread before bed. I want to thank the person that mentioned using a rubber band to look up the whole time, and those that said to use the dpad to move left and right. Those tips helped me get it on my first couple tries today. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

You know what's fun? -- Difficult trophies that require skill.

You know what's NOT fun? -- Difficult trophies because of finicky, hyperactive controls when precise movement is required.

Anyway, rant over, just wanted to add that instead of a rubber band (as some suggested above) I changed Blue Cloak to R2 instead of L2 in the options. I believe this coupled with using the D-pad for movement and skipping this and coming back to it last, helped me get this in probably less than an hour. Try it if you like the rubber band idea, but are too lazy for it like me.

Thanks to everyone who previously suggested hints!

• 1 year later...

Just got this after surprisingly few attempts, after watching a video guide on this I thought I'd never get this trophy but in the end it didn't take that long. What I did was use string to tie the left stick up and then use d-pad for movement. It's also a good idea to not get too much speed in the beginning or it's going to be harder to avoid the electricity.

That being said, this is one the most frustrating and annoying games I've played. For a game that requires precise movement the controls are far too imprecise and floaty.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...