Spin the Wheel (Assigned Games now Posted!)

Looks good to me, I will be on 0 point this week. But don't right me off just yet I will come back strong ....... Eventually :)

Every day you've given progress to your situation and contributed to the event is an extra point, so at the very least you have amassed 4 points for each day you've posted at least once on :) (Since the start of the event on September 3rd that is)

Edited by Saltyie

I get you, I think we need more categories that everyone can partake in, it's tricky since everyone has different games across different platforms.

The only problem whit the point system is that people like me will have a disadvantage because of language but I can't denied that a guide is a huge help to the community so it's ok anyway to give 20points.

Also wouldn't be cool to have a 5point for the first achievers of the plat of his game?

The only problem whit the point system is that people like me will have a disadvantage because of language but I can't denied that a guide is a huge help to the community so it's ok anyway to give 20points.

Also wouldn't be cool to have a 5point for the first achievers of the plat of his game?

I dont know if that will work because some peoples games can take A LOT longer than others

• Like 2

I dont know if that will work because some peoples games can take A LOT longer than others

yeah I agree with this. My plat is pretty easy compared to Saltyie's plat. This is just the first time it's being done so it can be sculpted into the masterpiece as time moves on.

I was trying to figure out different ways you could get more points or score them but like Saltyie said, with us having different consoles its harder. Take for instance best screenshot. PS4 this is simple but PS3 or vita imo would be rather hard without any kind of recording device.

Writing a guide is great for the community but let's be honest here...who is going to have time for that? That's a decent amount of work and I'm sure there are plenty of great guides here already for the games we're playing (keep in mind, I haven't looked at any trophies for my game yet. I'm enjoying the story before going through the grind).

With that being said, I think the points system as is, is pretty good for the first event. You always have the shot for the MVP award :)

Also some progress was made towards SOM last night. I have completed half of the story so far with about 4 hours in. It's definitely getting better the more I play. Unlocking new skills and health upgrades are making this very enjoyable. The laggy cut-scenes also stopped so that's also nice. I probably won't be back at it until this weekend with my school load catching up but we'll just have to see B)

I am having a little trouble sourcing my game,  had no luck in the stores yet,  seems that I can't order games from America from Amazon for some reason. Just found it online through local company (EB Games) so getting it posted out, should be here end of week / start of next week :)

How do other Aussies get games not in the PS store or via local shop ? 

Also is there a reason why Amazon doesn't sell games to Australia or am I just doing something wrong ?

Some things don't ship here but mostly Amazon is right. Maybe if just felt like messing with you lol. Think it mostly just depends on the shop selling the games on there.

I use Amazon or ozgameshop for games I can't get easily.

• Like 1

The thing is, these 'random game' events can come in two varietys, either a single game that everyone plays, or a different game for everyone. Both have their pros and cons (I don't imagine 9 people making guides and reviews for the same game for example).

Yeah I like both kinds. You have one where you get to play something you normally wouldn't play yourself and the other is a comp to finish the same game. Before you know it, there will be a comp where three games all need to be completed in a timely manner....which kinda sparks an idea for a comp I may come up with in the future...when I have more time to waste. lol

Before you know it, there will be a comp where three games all need to be completed in a timely manner....which kinda sparks an idea for a comp I may come up with in the future...when I have more time to waste. lol

Oh, you mean like this? https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/30085-the-ur-ps3-way-plat-race/page-1 :D

The only problem is: the more people you add to something like that, the smaller your pool of acceptable games becomes. You'd have to take the element of surprise out if you have a lot more people. Just say "these are the three games" and then let people sign up after.

Edited by Hemiak

Yeah I like both kinds. You have one where you get to play something you normally wouldn't play yourself and the other is a comp to finish the same game. Before you know it, there will be a comp where three games all need to be completed in a timely manner....which kinda sparks an idea for a comp I may come up with in the future...when I have more time to waste. lol

Before I settled on this event, I planned a multi stage ladder type match where around 10 people would compete. So imagine

Saltyie and The Couchster are assigned Vanquish

Epicnogg and Pese are assigned Dead space

The goal would essentially be a race to the platinum, with the winner of each pair moving up the ladder to play a different game against each other, until only one winner remained. The only problem I had with this idea was that a season would go on for months, and people would inevitably get distracted by new releases and life, not to mention how expensive it would be. I had no experience with running an event, so I settled on a smaller, relatively shorter styled event.

Sounds like I'm just daydreaming after reading that back :) Should the current point system stay, or be scrapped for a vote system or something?

Oh, you mean like this? https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/30085-the-ur-ps3-way-plat-race/page-1 :D

The only problem is: the more people you add to something like that, the smaller your pool of acceptable games becomes. You'd have to take the element of surprise out if you have a lot more people. Just say "these are the three games" and then let people sign up after.

Yeah pretty much exactly like that. I was kinda thinking that it could be a playstation plus type of tourney where come the first Tuesday of the month the comp would start. Everyone would have to complete the games for lets say PS4 version of the games. First to plat and 100% them would be the winner. People would have to vote on which consoles would be used each month. This could cause some controversy as different countries get diff IGC but it's kinda a cool idea. I'll think about it and maybe try it once this semester is over.

Before I settled on this event, I planned a multi stage ladder type match where around 10 people would compete. So imagine

Saltyie and The Couchster are assigned Vanquish

Epicnogg and Pese are assigned Dead space

The goal would essentially be a race to the platinum, with the winner of each pair moving up the ladder to play a different game against each other, until only one winner remained. The only problem I had with this idea was that a season would go on for months, and people would inevitably get distracted by new releases and life, not to mention how expensive it would be. I had no experience with running an event, so I settled on a smaller, relatively shorter styled event.

Sounds like I'm just daydreaming after reading that back :) Should the current point system stay, or be scrapped for a vote system or something?

This is a cool idea to except could get a little expensive. But again, only sign up if you got the bucks to play :)

• Like 1

Why not add game specific bonusses to the point system?

For example:

Your game has a Platinum rarity of 10% or less you get a 25pts bonus for achieving it, 20% or less a bonus of 20pts .... you get the idea

Something similar could also be worked out for the amount of gameplay hours you need to put in to complete the game with longer games getting a bigger bonus than short games.

just a thought :)

Great initiative and I'm watching this with great interest!

• Like 1

So are we all in favour of the point system? Any objections/suggestions?

I haven't played any more of Vanquish since a few days ago, but I am starting to find it pretty tricky on hard mode, any tips?

I'll do a points recap at the end of every week of the event, the first week ends tomorrow!

Tips:

I always play a game once to enjoy the story on nothing harder than normal (unless you need to unlock crazy kill you in one hit while your hands are tied behind your back mode in order to unlock instant death mode). This gives me the experience/skills to complete it on hard knowing how to play and what is going to happen prior to starting the next area per se. The only really difficult part I can remember was the final boss fight. This and FPS are my cup of tea though so also bring that into consideration.

Dodging and that lovely thrust are your friends and so is cover.

• Like 1

I'm really gettin into Unity and i just finished the 9th sequence with about 60% of the trophies. Sadly the long grindy part of the collectables is yet to come. Tomorrow I'll probably finish the DLC as I'm missing only one trophy for gettin 100% sync. Overall I'm enjoying the game besides all the glitches. I already founded so many that I'm thinking of doing a little compilation once I achieve the 100% and :platinum:

Why not add game specific bonusses to the point system?

For example:

Your game has a Platinum rarity of 10% or less you get a 25pts bonus for achieving it, 20% or less a bonus of 20pts .... you get the idea

Something similar could also be worked out for the amount of gameplay hours you need to put in to complete the game with longer games getting a bigger bonus than short games.

just a thought :)

Great initiative and I'm watching this with great interest!

This is a great idea! Edited by pese-97
  • Like 1

Firstly, I agree with the Points System but I like the idea by AnRoDr, where people get more points for more difficult games. I think that's pretty fair.

Secondly, thanks a lot EpicNogg! I appreciate the help! :D  Seems like I'm gonna need quite a bit if I'm gonna plat Driver: San Francisco! :wave:

Lastly, Australia is an awesome country but their Board of Regulators do tend to take the fun out of gaming once in awhile, by banning a game that they deem too violent or will have a negative effect on society. I do feel for you Aussie gamers! It must be difficult to get a game that's been banned but I'm sure you guys have come up with ways... :ninja:

• Like 2

Yesterday, thanks to MadBuk I got all coop trophies. Today I think I will 100% the DLC :D

Jeepers Pese. Your flying through that game. If I only had that much time....I do tonight though :)  I'll be on by 6 and probably play like 3 hours tonight. Hopefully that will get me through the rest of the story if not close. Largely depends if I feel like killing orcs and uroks while traveling to waypoints. I mean....who wants to spare those guys?

Jeepers Pese. Your flying through that game. If I only had that much time....

Yeah i finished school on June 2015 and now I have a full year of relax so I have alot of time. The game to complete 100% is still 60hours long mainly because of the ~400 collectables and the secondary trophies that of course I'm yet to do.

The campaign is probably 10hours long.

Yeah i finished school on June 2015 and now I have a full year of relax so I have alot of time. The game to complete 100% is still 60hours long mainly because of the ~400 collectables and the secondary trophies that of course I'm yet to do.

The campaign is probably 10hours long.

Good for you Pese, the stupid red chest grind was the killer for me, but the most frustrating was the last co op mission " the tournament " keeped getting disconnected every time in the flag section for over a week.

It's funny reading that you still had so many glitches so far, when I first read that I was like, wow I didn't have any. But then thinking back it all comes back to me

Edited by cjshaitan