Game slows to a crawl

effdeegee

Has anyone else had this problem where the game slows so badly that it just freezes and crashes?

My first impressions were that of an absolutely fantastic, AAA game but, after another few hours, it's quickly becoming an unplayable piece of garbage.

Music cuts off every 1.5 seconds and is so choppy, it ruins the experience. I gotta wait 15-20 seconds for every single little animation to happen. Seriously, waiting for the actuon button to come up, clicking it, waiting for the menu to change, clicking the next action, waiting for the menu to change, picking something, waiting for the enemy selector to come up, picking the enemy, then the attack, then the recoil, the hp damage, etc etc etc. all taking 20 seconds in between. This is stretching 3 minute fights to 15 minutes. Even at rest, the saving icon almost never goes away and the music and animations lag.

What. The. Poop.

Is this a digital thing? I have like 35% hard drive space left; it shouldn't be a ram thing.

Any idea would be appreciated. Thanks.

I've never had it happen to this particular game but I have had something similar happen to another game of mine, I deleted the install data, re-downloaded the game and my issues went away. No guarantee that it will work for you but there is no harm in trying. Remember to only delete the game data, not save data. 

Parker

I don't think it's the game as I've played it on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4 and PS Vita and never had that problem. I would try deleting it from your PS3 and downloading it again and see if that takes care of it. Sometimes the downloaded games won't install 100% correctly.

You really like you some Child of Light. Just need to play it on Wii U and PC now.  :D

• Like 1

I think the issue may have been the mothership trying to collect/send data because, after the second freeze, I booted it back up to find there was a system update due.

I did the system update, booted back up, turned the game on and it's been lightning fast ever since. Almost like Sony or Ubisoft heard me bitching and immediately sent the game a couple of adrenaline injections.

I'm so happy that's over with. Now I can get back to this awesome game. ^_^

• Like 3

• 8 years later...

It still happens to me on PS3!

Game is still version 1.0.2, it has not been updated for years and it probably will not ever.

Crashing the console completely if I click either Uplay or Downloadable Content menu items, the PS3 crashes (but music goes on).

Otherwise the game itself it is always lagging like hell, BGM interrupting all the time and action freezes during combats.

The only way to play decently is to disconnect from network.

21 minutes ago, patate12 said:

Game is still version 1.0.2, it has not been updated for years and it probably will not ever.

Sony dropped all patch support for PS3 and Vita games, 3 years ago so no more can or will be released for any game on those platforms :(.

• Like 2