Kojima On Metal Gear Solid 5

It seems Kojima has had a little bit to say about the next MGS. It's one of my favorite series of all time so I can't wait to see some gameplay and some actual information about the game.

http://www.ign.com/a...-you-two-things

Hideo Kojima, loudmouth and Metal Gear Solid creator, has started discussing his official plans for Metal Gear Solid 5, which will run on Kojima Productions' proprietary FOX Engine.

"About Metal Gear Solid 5, I can tell you two things. There will be much question of infiltration, espionage, and convincing people to give you 'a favor' like in the last Metal Gear Solid," Kojima told IG Magazine.

To speculate on that point, IGN's Metal Gear experts don't recall getting people to give us favors in Peace Walker. Given that this is an interview translated from Japanese to French and then to English, something could have been lost in translation. It could mean earning favor, as loyalty played a role in the latest Metal Gear game.

Regardless, it sounds plenty like a Metal Gear Solid sequel, indeed, but outside influences could have a profound effect on Metal Gear Solid 5.

"I liked the idea of social interactions in Deus Ex: Human Revolution," said Kojima, "but we'll see."

Details end there, and Kojima said he'll be more willing to discuss Metal Gear Solid 5 "when the time comes." We know Kojima Productions started hiring for "the latest Metal Gear Solid targeted for high-end consoles and PC" this year, so explicit information could be a ways out.

Whether or not it will star Solid Snake is up in the air, of course, although Kojima clarified, "We have not yet finished with Solid Snake, despite the fact that I wanted to let him die at the end of Guns of the Patriots."

Parker

Edited by Parker