All I Need is One Finger or How to ruin a game with one trophy

TrulySilentLie

Seriously... Rage on maximum...

THE BOSSES AREN'T DESIGNED TO BE POSSIBLE WITHOUT SUBWEAPONS!!!

Okay, semantics aside about possible or not, the bosses definitely wasn't designed with this kind of challenges in mind, and me being a completionist and wanna go for this trophy now that I have started on that journer, I am feeling more and more disheartened by the utter ridiculousness this trophy is presenting me with. It's not like the bosses are too hard to beat even normally, if I allowed myself subweapon use I bet I could beat them fine, but this severe restriction that goes against the game's design just enrages me...

Something that I personally didn't realise for a while on my run through of the game on PC was that you're allowed to use shields for this trophy/achievement. Viy is virtually impossible without one if you aren't using secondaries, although I nearly killed him a few times without one on Hard. It's just a matter of practice for the most part.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Extremely late reply but what can you do for a niche game?

Anyway, All I Need is One Finger is most definitely do-able. Every boss is designed that you can take little to no damage so that you can beat it without resorting to the pistol/flares/caltrops abuse.

A few tips:

-Every boss has a pattern, take it slow and learn them

-Some of the bosses admittedly depend on whether or not you're blessed with good RNG, like the Baphomet fight

-USE THE SHIELD. Using the shield will not negate this trophy, so constantly have it equipped

-Software combinations are necessary for surviving. Learn the combinations (or just look them up in the wiki)

-Software can increase your invincibility time after taking damage and increase your damage output. Be careful because certain combinations will only power up a set of weapons, rather than all of them.

-Switch combinations during battle if you feel you need to switch weapons.

-Switch up weapons on the fly during certain boss fights, this is something you need to know for the final fight

This trophy is most definitely not the one that "ruins the game".

Those would belong to Running Out in the Open, Playful but Lonely and Curry Addict.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've read this post before I played the game again. I was scared a bit but it is indeed possible. I equipped randc.exe+mekuri.exe+move.exe+deathv.exe+lamulana.exe.
randc + mekuri = higher axe/katana/knife/keysword damage
deathv + move = longer invicibility frames when taking damage
move + lamulana = higher Whip/Chain Whip/Flail Whip Damage
move + randc = revive with 32 health, one time use
Weapons I used
Amphisbaena = Axe
Ellmac = Axe
Sakit = Axe
Bahamut = Axe
Viy = Axe
Palenque = Axe
Baphomet = Whip
Tiamat = Axe
Mother 1st phase = Whip
2nd phase = Katana
3rd phase = Axe
4th phase = Whip
5th phase = Axe
All with shield to lessen damage from burst damages.

• Like 1