"Chaudown" Glitch

So I fulfilled the requirements for the "Chaudown" trophy, but it glitched and wouldn't unlock.  I knew this to be a common error beforehand, so I prepared for it by copying my save data to a flash drive once I had unlocked NegaScott.  When the trophy didn't pop, I returned to the XMB menu, deleted my save from my PS3, then copied the data on my flash drive back to my PS3.  I called NegaKnives, and once again the trophy didn't pop.  I did this about 4 times without success.  Before I give up on this, is there anything I might be able to do while I have the advantage of a backup file?  Any theories (i.e. do I have to unlock ALL strikers for ALL characters)?  Thanks!

Scott.  I also encountered Mr. Chau by chance with Kim and defeated him, but I did not call him with her yet.

Hmm, not sure what's wrong then. I know if you do it with a DLC character, it tends to mess up. Only thing I can think of, is to call them both with Kim too.

Hmm, not sure what's wrong then. I know if you do it with a DLC character, it tends to mess up. Only thing I can think of, is to call them both with Kim too.

I called them both with Kim and it still didn't work.  I dunno, maybe the DLC thing was where I went wrong; I recall having called Mrs. Chau with Knives out of sheer curiosity with who she would call (I was thinking it would have been Scott).  So I guess my only option is to delete the game and try again.  Though since I have my backup save, would it work, in theory, to keep the save and re-download the game from the store, or is it more likely that the problem lies within the save file itself?

I called them both with Kim and it still didn't work.  I dunno, maybe the DLC thing was where I went wrong; I recall having called Mrs. Chau with Knives out of sheer curiosity with who she would call (I was thinking it would have been Scott).  So I guess my only option is to delete the game and try again.  Though since I have my backup save, would it work, in theory, to keep the save and re-download the game from the store, or is it more likely that the problem lies within the save file itself?

I honestly have no idea if using a backup save would work or not, but if it's just a copy of your current save, I don't think it'll be any different.

Before starting over though, you might want to go through with every character, call all of their strikers, and then finish a level with them. Just to be sure you didn't miss one, and that the game saves. That's what I had to do when I got it. I still have no idea if it glitched, or if you have to call them all down after unlocking Mr. Chau, or if I just missed one, or if it only counts if you finish a level, but that's how I got it to pop.

• Like 1

I honestly have no idea if using a backup save would work or not, but if it's just a copy of your current save, I don't think it'll be any different.

Before starting over though, you might want to go through with every character, call all of their strikers, and then finish a level with them. Just to be sure you didn't miss one, and that the game saves. That's what I had to do when I got it. I still have no idea if it glitched, or if you have to call them all down after unlocking Mr. Chau, or if I just missed one, or if it only counts if you finish a level, but that's how I got it to pop.

Looks like that did the trick!  Thanks a ton!

• Like 1