Your opinion of this game.

mittoucp

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed this game, I remember when it first came out and it sounded so interesting but also looked pretty scary so I avoided it hahaha! Now that it's free on PS Plus this month I thought why not?  The graphics are excellent, the storyline is decent, although the twists 

Spoiler

Josh being the psycho and Hannah being one of the Wendigos

were kinda obvious, to me anyway. The jumps came more from random noise, animals, your friends than the actually monsters which was a relief cos I am such a wimp!! I must say some of the characters were super annoying, it would have been nice to actually feel something towards them but when they died I was like great one less annoyance. :D The controls sometimes were a bit buggy with characters walking side to side rather than in a straight line and I wish you could run instead of just walking a little bit faster. Oh and the Butterfly Effect was such an amazing feature! I want more games like this!

It's definitely a game I would recommend!

Fave characters? Jessica, Sam and Mike

Worst characters? Emily, Ashley, and Josh

Edited by christine_uk

• 1 year later...

After the first 2 or 3 chapters I was bored. I thought this was like a chick flick, everyone cheating on each other and teenage crap! After that I was hooked, what a great game. Really enjoyed my time with this. Disappointed with the lack of trophies though. First trophy not achieved until CH 4 or 5. They could have added story related trophies to bulk it up a bit. That's my only gripe, everyone should experience this game. Telltale could take some tips from Supermassive... oh no they're gone!!

• 3 months later...

I thought this game was OK. The story goes off the rails quite a bit with the monster stuff - I would have preferred just some weird zombie sister with no other trappings.

The trophies were annoying to me. For all the people that complain that story trophies are boring and we need more activity trophies, this game just takes that WAAAAAAY too far. Some choice trophies are nice, but there needs to be some story as well.

• 11 months later...

I enjoyed the game but I dont understand everyone prasing the graphics, some of the faces made in certain circumstances comes out as uncanny or emotionless when there needs to be emotion. Again, I enjoyed the game and probably enjoyed collecting the clues more than anything, but you can certainly tell there is some jank in this game

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't typically play these interactive style games but I enjoyed it overall. I find the pace a little slow for these type of games but at the same time it's a nice change of pace from other games. The story and characters all had their highs and lows but it was engaging enough to keep my interest. The setting and atmosphere of the game were fun to navigate around. The trophies were a little tedious to make sure you didn't impact the ability to get certain collectibles or story driven trophies later in the game. But the guides do a really good job of making sure you don't miss anything. I probably won't play another interactive style game right away but I am interested in checking out Detroit: Become Human and Beyond: Two Souls at some point.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Honestly one of my favorite video games of all time. I love the teenage slasher horror movies so this type of game is right up my alley. And the twist! Fantastic! This is one of those games I could play a thousand times and never get bored. My only complaint is that they haven't released a PS5 trophy list yet!

• 1 month later...

I have played Until Dawn so many times before this Halloween, it's a Top 10 Trophy in my cabinet ?

I loved the setting up in the snowy mountains, the relationships between the characters and each of their personalities, QTE's and decision-making can have a great influence on each playthrough, I returned to Until Dawn a few times.

I remember how tense it was for me in the playthrough where I got all characters to survive until dawn, I never knew how my actions would pan out for each character to live or die, and maybe ending up getting 7/8 alive because of keeping your controller steady, it was fairly intense ?

Personally I thought this game was brilliant, well executed and to me the game felt different to most others I’ve played. I used a guide once I finished the game twice so I could get the platinum but it was cool to see how different actions changed the course of the game. I’d like to play more games like this :) interactive movie games are cool too, like The Late Shift. I also enjoy telltale games too not just for the easy platinum. Shame they went bust ? 

• 1 year later...