• Japanese
    • Mandarin
    • Russian
    • Arabic
    • Swedish
    • Finnish
    • Italian
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

133 posts in this topic

Swedish and English fluently. Also pretty good Danish and Norwegian, but those languages are very similar. 

I know descent German. Have German relatives and studied German for 5 years in school. The first year went superb, but then I got a different teacher which I hated, and my interest and motivation died abruptly. Got a new teacher again the last year, but by then I had given up. She made me make it through the year though. I wish I was better at it. I like it. But languages have never ben my strong side, or perhaps more correctly of much interest for me until recently. The grammar is tough. And I had only shit teachers in Swedish, so I have never learned several fundamental language constructions. They doesn't matter in Swedish, since they are either standardised to just one. (i.e. in English it is "you have" and "she has" whereas in Swedish it is just one: you have, she have, they have, and so on for all instances) or have no rule at all, so you just have to learn every inflection (right word?) for every word. But in German that is crucial. Having no idea what accusative or dative case and stuff like that is, German is tremendously difficult.

And I know how to say bottoms up in russian :D

2. English and Bad English.

A cookie for the person who gets the reference :P

Isn't that from that movie Fifth Element with Bruce Willis dood?

Take your cookie good dood ^^ and eat it with pride knowing you're awesome!

Still don't get the reference despite having seen the movie several times.

English is my native language, I can speak Arabic too and I'm also trying to learn basic Japanese and hopefully in the future I will be able to speak it fluently.

English and Spanish. I grew up near the American-Mexican border, so I learned both from neighbors and school; haven't really used Spanish since I've moved though. I'd like to learn Japanese eventually, but I'm far too lazy.

Still don't get the reference despite having seen the movie several times.

When Leeloo first crashes into the cab, she starts speaking her native tongue real fast, and Bruce's character says something like "slow down, I only know two languages, English and bad English!" Not seen the movie in ages though, but it's about that area of the film.

German is only fit for aggressively interrogating someone.

Stereotypes, stereotypes everywhere...

Personally, I think German is more beautiful sounding than English. Just opinions.

Being a Belgian, it's more or less the same for me as Zone Hunter ;) (Dutch, French and English)

I studied "Science and Modern Languages" though so I know my way around German too :)

Don't learn another language, you'd have to make a new account :P

I've already planned for that.

English of course. I used to be able to speak Ukrainian pretty well, but I haven't been in a situation where I've had to speak or write it in many years so I lost lots of my knowledge of the language. I can also speak and understand very basic sentences in German, but I'm actively trying to learn the language so I assume I'll be fluent in it some day.

Two at the moment being English and Espanish ^_^

Trying to learn a third one at the moment as well ^_^

English is it for now.

I learnt French and Italian in high school but I've forgotten most of it. Have a good friend teaching me Spanish but I'm hopeless. Also learning Swedish.

Can I vote for 2.5? xD Besides my mother language, Czech, I obviously had to learn English, otherwise I wouldn't be able to use the interwebzzzzz.

And there's the half of Japanese :D

If I were to weigh them according to how well I know them, it would be like this:

English >= Czech > Japanese > German > Latin > Portuguese > Spanish/French/Russian

(Yea, I'm not using my mother language so... yea, I'm losing the ability to speak it xDDD)

The last 4 languages are not ones I have learned but I did work with them. I wouldn't be able to formulate anything, though xD

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Finnish natively, fluent English and technically Swedish even though I don't remember most of it. So 2,5 languages?

3. My native language Italian, French and English. I'm currently learning Spanish too. 

Dutch

German

English

French

Looking to add another to the list, maybe Japanese or Chinese

Russian natively and fluent English.

I would like to try learning Japanese, but I don't have enough free time to dedicate myself to studying it at the moment, so it will have to wait. Indefinitely.

Well.. Fluently, two. Overally, four.

My native - Polish. Then English. I also know a bit of Japanese and Spanish. Though I'm learning Spanish because it was the best option when I was choosing my class in middle-school, I'm learning Japanese cuz I really want and I hope I will be able to speak that lang fluently. Cheers.

Fluently, Spanish (mother tongue) and English. I'm learning Japanese right now and, while I can say what I want to, it takes so long that the guy hearing me might think I'm dumb and leave mid-conversation xD

I can actually speak three different languages.

• German, obviously
  • English
  • French

I also speak Swabian and Bavarian, two German dialects that can certainly be counted as two additional languages. German dialects are the shit!

By the way, check this video out for shits n giggles. I think it's hilarious. :D

Edited by The Loving Sausage

I'm fluent in Portuguese, German and English. I also speak Spanish and French though, although I understand those two better than actually speak them.

Fluent in English, semi-fluent in French, with bits of Welsh(mothers native tongue), German, Spanish and Japanese

Tamil & English. Having a thought to learn Hindi but i'm lazy :rolleyes:

Edited by suresh_thangaraj

only 2... so far... English and my Country's Language ^_^

Amestrisan?

I speak two, English and Spanish, I don't know what language I am speaking the worse

Norwegian and English. Also Swedish and Danish, but they are pretty similar as said earlier. I studied Spanish on middle school, but I gave up after a year (grammar -_-). Want to say my Norwegian dialect too, cause there are many that don't entirely understand what we say, and many like to make fun of they way we pronounce "r".

Just 2, English and Spanish.

Spanish was my primary language during my boyhood, years later living in Canada English is now my primary.

Edited by CrazyMv94