• Japanese
    • Mandarin
    • Russian
    • Arabic
    • Swedish
    • Finnish
    • Italian
    • Other

I speak English and Spanish fluently, I used to be pretty decent at German 20 years ago.  I have studied a fair amount of ancient koine Greek, and Romanian (many years ago).  I did a year of French as a kid.  I have lived in Korea and China and tried to pick up some of those (both are quite hard for English speakers).  Right now I am in East Africa, so I am slowly learning Swahili, but in many/most places I can get away with English.  When I go to different places though, people think I should learn their town/tribe's language (even if I am only there a day or two).  I have made very modest attempts to learn Russian.

• Like 1

My mother language is French. I was living in Quebec province all my life, donc parle moé en Français si y'a un gars français icitte! :awesome:

As for the English, my first contact was, not surprising, video games. I learned the basic gaming terms. When kids have mandatory English courses, I didn't have any of them (because I was in special class) until I started to learn everything English in high school. Then, thanks to Internet, I perfected my English further!

For a year, I'm learning Swedish. From the first year of my learning, I thought it would have been easy but it turned out to be harder by progressing further. Så om det finns en svensk som läser mig, texta mig! :)

• 3 years later...

Was about to create a new thread regarding this. I believe that a topic like this one serves the possibility of making people connect further if they decide to take the extra step and reach out to other people. I think it would be great to establish some contact with other people through sessions, whether it being centralised around the act of gaming or teaching each other basics of a new language, etc..

I'm fluent in English, Danish and German. I'm currently taking courses in Russian, and I really want to dig into learning Mandarin.

• Like 1

I speak 3 different languages. German, Turkish and English (more or less ?). I’ve been learning English for about 1 year now, since I like to read Light novels such as Monogatari or a Certain Magical index. Sadly most of them don’t get translated to German. I also understand Russian very Well, I grew up among Russians. 

• Like 1

Brazilian Portuguese (my mother language, and no, Brazilians don't speak Spanish) and English. I actually learned English when I was fairly young, mostly because I wanted to understand what people in games were saying, since dubs didn't become much of a thing around here until the PS4 era. Don't really feel like going for another language now, but I might if I deem necessary.

Edited by Eagle

• 1 month later...

English is my first language. I can kind of get by in French, but would love to be better at it. 

Two languages I’m interested in learning is Yoruba (I’m Nigerian and my parents speak the language-I can understand better than I can speak it) and Spanish. 

If anyone one has cool resources for learning languages, feel free to message me ?!