Stupid things we do in games.

angelgrievous

I always feel like I need to walk if I'm in a village or town, and like I need to stay on the road or sidewalk. I like to follow the traffic rules if I'm playing a game like Saints Row or GTA.

I also absolutely hate doing evil things, it makes me feel like a bad person. 

These + In online shooters, if I make a bad play and die because of it, I melee the air when I respawn.

Edited by novemberrx

• 2 weeks later...

I can't have any part of a map "fogged". It has to be investigated, to be un-fogged so I can see the full map, even if there's no need.

I always have to go left if given a choice. Even if right is the only option, I'll still look left first!.

I can't go round a corner properly in a car..it has to be taken as fast as possible and sideways. Fortunately, I don't let that affect real life!.

• Like 1

• Reloading after every kill in both singleplayer and multiplayer. It's gotten me killed quite a few times, but it's just... so... hard not to!

Meleeing everything I can get my hands on just to hear what type of sound it makes, if any. When I'm playing an FPS, I also like to shoot, reload, and switch weapons over and over just to hear every little detail of the sound effect(s). 

I like getting out the of maps in singleplayer and multiplayer levels, and even if it takes a whole lot of hopping, skipping, and sliding around, I'm determined to break my way out! There doesn't even need to be some kind of secret. It's just a fun thing to do. I love to explore.

Whenever I play a game with extensive character customisation, I like to make them look as close to myself as possible. Even if it takes me an hour or more to do so, I'm willing to tweak every little notch until it's just right. If I start up the game, find that I've borked something up, and can't change it... well, it's back to creating another character for me!

• 4 weeks later...

Things I do that I hate myself for:

I do this in fallout, elder scrolls etc and I hate myself for doing it, I always feel like im rushing ahead, what's that? I have found 5 new locations within 10 mins? RUSHING IT AAAAH RESTARTRESTART AAAAAAHHHH

If I am at home, I am a master of controls, I could do a triple backflip while headshotting a stealth jet pilot. At a friend's house, I will always try to crouch and instead blow my team-mates to oblivion.

When you buy a game when you see the trophy list is easy at first but realizing that one trophy or more is so damn annoying that you wonder as a trophy hunter why in the heck we waste time on it where we should enjoy playing the game instead of unlocking the annoying trophies that won't work at all.

Because you are so close to that tasty platinum

• 7 years later...
On 9/6/2015 at 6:25 AM, Jennifayrie said:

My stupid thing/habit is collectible related, if a game has collectibles or random things just to pick up, money, bolts in R&C etc

I search and look about every tiny corner of every space/level for far too long.

If there is a dark corner/area of nothingness 50 miles away.. i must go there!

When a level starts i go BACK instead of forwards, just in case of the tiny chance something shiny is hiding there you never know!

I look at parts of the ground too long, something might shine if I stare enough.

I jump into/onto things that obviously are just meant to be scenery, in the hope there is a shiny, you don't know!

I will try and make my character go up/down further than is obviously possible, often resulting in death. I try to push them out of the screen, things might be hiding!

Going up to objects like tables, boxes etc you must constantly press X in case something can be picked up that you can't see D:

...despite this I always miss at least one thing, probably lots  :facepalm:

This 👆. All of this and so much more is exactly why I take so long to finish every game I play. Especially the open world ones.

I just finished Final Fantasy VII remake. On my hard mode run, I'm still opening up chests for items even though there was no point in picking up anything at that point. Why?! Who the hell knows. Between that and the grind to prep for hard mode I ended with max 99 on almost all my items 😄

Baffling.

Most of mine comes from the dark ages of gaming.

I always check how water looks first. Even though it pretty much always looks great now.

I can remember the days when nothing was breakable. So I break everything I can. If you come across something in a game I've played, that can be broken. I guarantee I'll have broken it.

I tend to pick up everything that's not nailed down. I might need it. I'm sure all those forks I've stolen in Skyrim will be useful

• Like 2

Since Fallout 4 was mentioned... Hum, remember you could give a name to your guns? All my guns were named after pop singers like Lady Gaga, Rihanna and Katy Perry. Ah, when it comes to Souls games, until 2016 I named my characters after Sarah Paulson (American Horror Story) or Lucy Liu, but nowadays I go either with my mage Dua Lipa or beloved melee build Demi Lovato, the Lionheart 🤣

• Like 1