A Very Dashie Christmas.- $300 Giveaway!

XIII-Order-Xion

Wow, you're really a kind person for doing something like this.

Just a couple questions: the "deadline" would be next friday right? And if so, for which timezone are you stating the time? I'm asking the latter because some of us are many hours apart xD

well for me, it would be the time when I first played clock tower 3, I got to the part where I had to run from the guy with the hammer, I ran up to him and used all the holy water I had, on him but it did nothing so then I began running away from him to end up getting killed by the ghosts that was across the bridge, it made me jump a lot.

edit: want to know is this ok for the entire?

Edited by KANERKB

Wow, you're really a kind person for doing something like this.

Just a couple questions: the "deadline" would be next friday right? And if so, for which timezone are you stating the time? I'm asking the latter because some of us are many hours apart xD

I'm central time zone!- the deadline is Friday!- if it's needed I'll give all of Friday to accept entries!- and announce a winner on Sat.- but if it seems like everybody entered by friday I'll give it away like I said afternoon sometime.

• Like 2

I don't know if I'd call it a horror moment, maybe more like a "jump out of my chair" moment. :P

The first time I played through Dead Space, at a certain point a giant tentacle bursts out of a wall & grabs you, that scared the crap out of me. scared-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286251 After that, I always approached any plain looking walls very... cautiously, because tentacles are scary, right?

scaryikamusume5.gif

Two honorable mentions are from Bioshock (1?):

• When you're in a some kind of flooded basement with some mannequins & the light goes out, some get a little closer until you turn around & an enemy (that looks like a mannequin) is right behind you.
  • In one room that fills with some type of fog, after one of the fog bursts an enemy appears right in front of your face. :facepalm:
Edited by Masamune_316
  • Like 1

I don't play horror games much but the first one that I thought of as in Silent Hill 2. Went into room 205 in Wood Side Apartments and walked up to the dummy in the middle of the room and the mannequin at the back decided to wake up. I had just started the game, and as I said I don't play horror games much, so that scared the crap out of me.

@7:18 

Of course, I can't not mention P.T.'s jumpscare. I literally jumped.

Edited by HolyFad
  • Like 1

EDIT:- But damn, this isn't a horror game. (~.~)

This was on my first play through of Skyrim back when I first bought it on the 360. I just remember doing a quest that had me deep in some type of cave looking for some mage or something, I was still weak but it was seeming like a simple fetch and grab thing.

Well I entered through a door and then the guy just came running out of nowhere casting heavy magic at me, he was hulking and had a booming voice. I was a Nord, got scared as hell and hit the Nord's power to put fear into him. I then ran past him screaming in real life while he ran past me screaming in the game. His voice and how fast it all happened was hilarious. I never returned, lol.

Edited by -Dark Mark-
  • Like 3

Not looking to enter but I think Outlast and Silent Hill would have to be the scariest games I've ever played. Unless there's one out there that's even more frightening than these?

~Shudders~ Silent hill series is just plain creepy, SH the room gave me a creepy experience before, but I'll share mine after I give away the prize Friday :P

• Like 1

~Shudders~ Silent hill series is just plain creepy, SH the room gave me a creepy experience before, but I'll share mine after I give away the prize Friday :P

I've actually never played a Silent Hills game (seen the movies though), I vaguely remember watching my brother play one when I was younger, I think he was walking around somewhere full of fog & seen a woman crying at a grave or something?  :hmm: But that's on my list of things to try, right next to Metal Gear Solid. :P

• Like 1

I've actually never played a Silent Hills game (seen the movies though), I vaguely remember watching my brother play one when I was younger, I think he was walking around somewhere full of fog & seen a woman crying at a grave or something?  :hmm: But that's on my list of things to try, right next to Metal Gear Solid. :P

SH has a good track record of keeping things scary, if you ever play it- I say stick to 1 through 3 and The Room- but beware The room is pretty messed up.

• Like 2

I'm not good with prize stuffs so you don't have to enter me if you don't want to. (I quite literally do whatever I can to not win physical prizes lol.)

I will share a "scary" moment for me though. :awesome:

So there I was...first playthrough of Dead Space finished. Sitting there thinking to myself, "NG+ probably won't lock the hardest difficulty. I should be fine." A few days later when my second playthrough was done...I found the hardest difficulty had indeed been locked to me. So rather than suffer the torment of a third round just to play a fourth round...I picked up the knife game disc...and sold it back to gamestop.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

The only game I've played that I found scary was Outlast, others have had a good creepy atmosphere but not scary. Every time I sat down to play it my palms would start to sweat and my heart would beat very loudly as I never knew when the next jump scare was. Nothing like a bit of fear to make you feel alive!

Anyway, at one point when I was playing it I wasn't concentrating fully on the screen when an enemy jumped out at me. It gave me such a big fright that when I yelled out my flatmate in the next room actually got a fright too. And that's my memory.

The only other memorable one is from Bioshock Infinite which isn't even a horror game or scary however there is one part where after pulling a lever you turn around and there's an enemy suddenly looking at you. It gave me a fright and I told myself to remember that for my second playthrough. But did I? Of course not, that part gave me just as much a fright the second time around as the first.

So...I haven't had a moment that has scared me too much recently, so I'll just refer back to a older scary moment. It was when I was playing Dead Space, in 2011. Someone had gave me the game to play for some time.

Along the way to completing the objectives was the Main Lab. At first, the lights were on in the main lab and I was just finding some ammo, but then when I got further into it, the lights went out and the lab quarantined itself, bringing 4 necromorphs into the room. My health was low at the time, but I went to one side of the room to kill the two necromorphs coming from that way. But there was a necromorph coming at me from the other side of the room and I didn't even know it. 2 seconds after those two necromorphs fell, Isaac was killed where he stood. That and the death animation scared me so much, I automatically stopped playing there, and didn't play it until 3 years later. :P

• Like 1

For me also Dead Space, which seems to be quite popular here so far :lol:

The atmosphere throughout the whole game gripped me (also playing in a dark room at night without any loud noises going on outside helps to set the tone). The amount of creepy moments, jump scares or moments of trying to find the exit in a frenzy panic while being stalked by a regenerating necromorph is a constant for the most part of the game.

Be it the disturbingly creepy "twinkle twinkle little star" being sung in the background while walking through a hallway, or someone slowly bashing their head against a wall. The first time that a necromorph jumps out of a vent behind you, which left me eyeing suspiciously every vent from there on out. The moments where suddenly the lights go out and a communication tells you that the room is now under quarantine, just be be left in a state of panic when the room is stormed by the monsters, leaving you with nowhere to go, ammo running low and the hope that there won't be more coming after killing the last one you see.

Also walking backwards into an air vent that's still functioning while firing at a monster coming at me,just to find myself in chunks at the ceiling, thanks to said air vent, was one of those "holy shit moments".

Love that game, still one of my favourites ever!

PS: Cool and generous idea, it's like a warm-up for Halloween due to the horror theme :P

• Like 1

For me it was the entirety of the original Clock Tower. I wasn't familliar with the series yet, and started this game completely blind out of sheer curiosity.

Only when the clock started striking it finally dawned on me in what mess I've gotten myself into.

From the start game was "merely" unnerving. Lights went out, other girls are nowhere to be found. The only audible sound is Jennifer's footsteps. Pictures bleeding, ringing phone with the cut line, maggots and blood flowing from the bathroom sink instead of water. Creepy, greatly adds to the atmosphere, but no danger yet. Then we've found the first corpse, and Scissorman appeared.

Hoo boy, the Scissorman. This little shit absolutely mortified me back then. I didn't know where his hiding spots were, and explored the mansion in the state of constant fear. The fact that the layout of the mansion, placement of items and probability of him being in one particular spot or not changed with each new playthrough made things even worse. During all chase scenes I was nervous and afraid that Jennifer will panic, fall and get impaled. Afraid that Scissorman will find where I hid the girl. Afraid. Nervous. Fidgety. Hands shaking. If I could sweat, there would be a waterfall trickling down my spine... how fortunate that I can't. 

"Don't cry, Jennifer! Don't panic! Get up, girl, or he'll get us! GET UP NOW!"

And then after some more exploring Jennifer was knocked out and placed in the cage. With strange, babbling and, as we found out minutes later, a VERY hungry man. He attacked, killed and ate Jennifer. And while I'm grateful that screen went black and red with the DEAD END, the sounds still sent me on the train to the Nopeville. I've stopped playing for a couple of days just because of that.

Very unfarovable mention goes to the moment when I've discovered the multiple endings. Jennifer was killed in the elevator. Later I've found out that this have happened because I didn't trigger some events, but then I was quite freaked out by this "sudden" death. The screams of my charge and blood leaking under elevator' doors have left quite an impression.

One day of not playing the game later I've resumed my attempts at getting the Jennifer out of that bloody mansion in one piece. Through perseverence I've unlocked all endings. Grisly discoveries were made, Scissorman was killed multiple times with a vengeance, and I've even managed to get one other girl out alive.

"I've completely forgot how glorious the credits song is..."

Ah, memories. Though now I don't have the same reaction toward this game, I still feel very uneasy when playing this game every Halloween. Well, as they say, the first impressions are everything.      

Edited by NetEntity
  • Like 1

Fear 2 in the elementary school was pretty scary first time i played it, still creeps me out today. There's this part where you're going through this long hallway then all of a sudden all the locker doors fly open and the lights start going out, then ghosts start attacking you. As you go further down the hallway the light situation gets worse to where the screen is flashing and going pitch black so you can't see well, then there's blood everywhere and moving bodies attached to the ceiling crying in agony, and Alma keeps popping up in front of you. I ran to a corner with my back against the wall and stayed there for a while pausing the game only to be welcomed by more ghosts when i unpaused, the noises were horrendous aswell as in the background there was these doors that kept slamming like they were possessed or something.

Great game xD

Not me playing but it will give you an idea

Edited by SteelFreaxx
  • Like 3

Cool idea for the contest, gonna post my own story also.

It was the time when me and my mum were playing Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. I was still around the age of 6 maybe and i was so bad at horror games and get scared out of nothing. So just when mum finished her turn, i was next, and of course i get the part where i had to enter the RPD Department (police station), enter a narrow corridor and just as i was going down the stairs and go to the save room, the bloody Nemesis had to waltz in through the window.

I so got genuily scared, i just rushed  and hid under my bed and crying. Given my age and the full sound of the TV because my mum liked to immerse herself in games...yeah hiding under my bed was the best idea i had haha. Not to mention my parents had to cover my window with iron bars because i still had the scares that Nemesis would just barge in and destroy my window like he did in the game haha.

Gl to other participants :)

EDIT: managed to find a video where i mentioned in the post, its @15:12

Edited by Kyl542