A Very Dashie Christmas.- $300 Giveaway!

XIII-Order-Xion

First off; holy crap, your story... :|

You should totally give yourself the $40 because that was frickin' freaky deaky. :lol:

I was like, "Girl hung herself in a room of an old house? Well, this is already not a good start and creepin' me the hell out out, but whatever, continue. Heard her Mom in the kitchen and she wasn't there? :S pfft coulda been a lot of things, I guess... right? Right?! TV on in another room? Commercial? Sister singing something and you misheard it in the distance? Anywho, continue. Picture came off the wall? Yeah, no. Mom, we need to move now. Like, I already packed while you were out. Sorry. Either someone is messing with me, or we've got some supernatural crap going one here. Either way; I'm not enjoying it.

Secondly;

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I won 40 smackarinos?!?! :jaymon:

:):D:yay::dance:B):pimp:

I just woke up and found this was the message in my inbox. This is such a huge surprise and an absolutely perfectly timed treat for this time in my life. Truly a blessing, I say. :)

Thank you so much for this wonderful gift, running this event for the entire community and spreading some love around. :)

I'll PM for any further details. :)

Congratulations for the prize man  ^_^

• Like 1

Awwwwww!- Roster love that new avi! ~Squee~

Yep-yep I lived in a haunted house before xD.- The people who we bought it from didn't let us know their daughter hung herself, and in my room no less.- This house was just creepy from day one, I had nightmares during the night of being hung, kept seeing a black blob on the ceiling at night-strange things like above-overall it was just a horrible place-we stayed only about a year and a half before moving.-after we left everything got alot better.-so when asked do I beilive in ghosts?-yes Dashie does.

I'm so happy you enjoy your prize! <3 you earned it!-Lord of Ra and MStalker58 were on your heels though. xD-Overall I enjoyed every story shared and want to thank you all for entering!-I'll host another soon so keep a eye out!

• Like 4

Damn I almost killed my brother for nothing...oh well congrats to my Canadian brethren :) Those are some kickass games you picked up and you might have enough to pick up the new Barbie game as well :D

lol thanks homeslice. :lol:

$44.99 is no joke for Barbie! :jaymon:

That's still not gonna stop me from making it :platinum: #150, though. Looks like a certain someone is coming up on #200 themselves... You down for another round? :ninja:

CoughcoughwehavethebestmilestoneseverCoughahem

Edited by effdeegee
  • Like 1

lol thanks homeslice. :lol:

$44.99 is no joke for Barbie! :jaymon:

That's still not gonna stop me from making it :platinum: #150, though. Looks like a certain someone is coming up on #200 themselves... You down for another round? :ninja:

CoughcoughwehavethebestmilestoneseverCoughahem

Yeah 45$ is a little high :P But for me 200 is planned (over a year ago actually). I don't like having another girly game for my milestones. This time no one can say I didn't pick a MAN's game for my milestone #25MOREPLATS :pimp:

• Like 2

Yeah 45$ is a little high :P But for me 200 is planned (over a year ago actually). I don't like having another girly game for my milestones. This time no one can say I didn't pick a MAN's game for my milestone #25MOREPLATS :pimp:

Oh really?

You've got me intrigued now. Did you already mention what #200 was gonna be (and I'm an unaware blind monkey) or is this some G-14 Classified information? :ninja:

• Like 1

Oh really?

You've got me intrigued now. Did you already mention what #200 was gonna be (and I'm an unaware blind monkey) or is this some G-14 Classified information? :ninja:

I have only made one reference to it way back in my checklist somewhere (I won't repeat it because I said it offhandly so people didn't guess it).

The first teaser trailer will be held at the 2015 Year End Awards :)...yes that is a ridiculously shameless plug for my Year End Awards :P.

• Like 1

That's a heck of a giveaway, thanks for the awesome opportunity and congrats on the win effdeegee.

Obviously there's no more winning to be had, but reading the OP I feel an urge to talk about the only time a game has EVER made me jump 10 feet in the air.  I was playing the Gamecube remake of the original Resident Evil (so this was what... about a decade ago?) and a friend was over.  He got a phone call from his mother and was sitting on the other side of the futon while I played.  Distracted by them talking, I walked into the room immediately after the hallway where the dogs jump through the windows.

As we all know, the camera as you first walk into the teensy square room is pointing from the ceiling straight down (so you can't see down the hallway attached to it).  I had completely forgotten that I killed a TON of zombies in this room previously and the REmake has this nifty feature where zombies come back as super fast, super powerful "crimson heads" if you don't burn the bodies.  Well guess who didn't burn the bodies.  Since the camera was conveniently pointing at the ground, so I couldn't see down the hallway, I didn't see one hurling at me at breakneck speed.  It pounced onto the screen out of no where.  Half paying attention from the conversation happening next to me, I caught it out of the corner of my eye and jumped out of my freakin' pants.  On top of that, I was embarassingly fumbling with the controller desperately trying to save myself from the zombie mauling.  And being in that little square section of the room, it's like I was locked in a cage with it.  Probably the most utterly unexpected, unscripted, terrifyingly immediate moment in any game I've played.  And I've always been terrified of the first Resident Evil game for some reason, even going back to the PS1, so this was just icing on the cake.

And of course the obligatory P.T. mention.  Probably the only game to make my body go cold from just purely engrossing dread.  I sat through it from start to finish with literal chills rolling down my spine the entire time, the atmosphere in it was just brilliant.  I never wanted to stop playing a game so badly, but couldn't stop myself from figuring out what happened next.  I even got my brother sitting down with me at one point, and that never happens.  No specific moments to speak of though.  So disappointed that Silent Hills was cancelled.

I probably sound like horror games just get to me really easily, but that's really not the case.  Outlast actually made me laugh, and I played that in the dark alone with headphones on.  It just takes a special kind of game methinks.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn
  • Like 2

Secondly;

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I won 40 smackarinos?!?! :jaymon:

:):D:yay::dance:B):pimp:

I just woke up and found this was the message in my inbox. This is such a huge surprise and an absolutely perfectly timed treat for this time in my life. Truly a blessing, I say. :)

Thank you so much for this wonderful gift, running this event for the entire community and spreading some love around. :)

I was ready to congratulate you on the win but then Dashie said I was in the running. Now, I am no longer happy for you. You did about die though, so I guess you deserve it.  :P Seriously though, congrats on the win and I enjoyed your story. Also, thanks to Dashie for doing this event. It was a great prize and I enjoyed reading everyone's stories.

Damn I almost killed my brother for nothing...oh well congrats to my Canadian brethren :) Those are some kickass games you picked up and you might have enough to pick up the new Barbie game as well :D

Speaking on behalf of brothers everywhere, if you would have won, that prize should definitely have gone straight to your brother. The least you could do for almost killing him with a cat.

Edited by MStalker58
  • Like 3

I fought with the choice for the last chunk of change, between How to Train Your Dragon 1 and Assassin's Creed Rogue, for like 15-20 minutes, and finally added AC: Rogue to the list of games. :)

That's quite the final haul, I'd say. I'm very happy with my new additions. :D

• Like 2

I fought with the choice for the last chunk of change, between How to Train Your Dragon 1 and Assassin's Creed Rogue, for like 15-20 minutes, and finally added AC: Rogue to the list of games. :)

That's quite the final haul, I'd say. I'm very happy with my new additions. :D

yay!- I'm happy for you!- that should keep you busy for quite a bit ^_^- nothing like a bundle of new games to relax to after a long day!

• Like 1

For those who are wondering, I bought:

- Okami HD (digital copy)

- Ni No Kuni Wrath of the White Witch (physical copy)

- Saints Row IV (dlc season pass)

- Assassin's Creed Rogue (physical copy)

and I have $3.24 left. :)

Some great game choices there :)  Congrats on the win!

Love reading all the stories on here...dashie you're awesome for running this contest! :D

• Like 2

Some great game choices there :)  Congrats on the win!

Love reading all the stories on here...dashie you're awesome for running this contest! :D

Thanx!- I know I loved reading each tale- they were so interesting and fun!-I'm proud our community is so open to sharing and laughing about some awesome times in gaming!-I'll host another soon!-though will prob try not to name it after Kingdom Hearts :P

• Like 3

Thanx!- I know I loved reading each tale- they were so interesting and fun!-I'm proud our community is so open to sharing and laughing about some awesome times in gaming!-I'll host another soon!-though will prob try not to name it after Kingdom Hearts :P

Can't wait for it :)...also you just changed your avatar to a Kingdom Hearts avatar...it is even more confusing now :(

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

First, let me send my most sincere, deepest and heartfelt condolences to Dashie for your loss. I can't even fathom the level of mind screw.

My favourite memory of Christmas is actually two times, that tie for tops in the memory banks.

The first one was when I was about 6 or 7. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were still a relatively new thing, easily becoming a phenomenon, and on every kid's Christmas wish list. We used to get a Sears catalogue and cut out all of the things we wanted, and glued them to a piece of looseleaf, to hang on the fridge.

Another thing we always used to do was the ol' "You can open one gift on Christmas Eve," and my Aunt Faith kind of hinted at which one I should pick to open.

I opened up a present and it was a Ninja Turtle! :D

I looked around and noticed that there were several other presents that looked identical to the one I had just opened, then turned to my Aunt with a sort of "O.M.G. Could they be what I think they are?" look.

My Aunt turned to my Mother and said, "Oh, come on, Trudy. I've got to leave before he'll be waking up and I won't get to see his face. Just let him do them all."

I ended up opening about 10 presents and they were the entire collection of TMNT toys! :dance: I don't even remember going to bed because I think I stayed up all night playing with all of my new toys. It was even a bit if a bummer when it came morning and I had to be told to stop playing and come out of my room to open my other presents. :lol:

My second memory that always warms the heart, was when I was about 10 or 11. We had just moved from the city to a big house in the country. One year, we had the idea to throw a huge family reunion Christmas and everybody showed up.

There were about 15-20+ of us in the house for an entire week straight; every Aunt and Uncle, Cousin, everyone.

Add to that, the fact that we had a massive tree, and everyone in the family was rather successful, and you've got a massive, absolutely huge, wall of presents, taking up the entire front room. It was like if Scrooge McDuck had a vault full of wrapped presents to swim in, instead of gold coins.

It was a wonderful week. Everyone was laughing, drinking, cooking, telling old stories, hugging, eating, and the weather was super awesome; the stereotypical giant snowfall that covers all of the forest. The wood stove was burning and the music was Christmas tunes.

So, those are my top memories. Hard to choose just one, but if I had to, it would probably be the week with family. It was just too perfect.

Thanks again goes to Dashie for your kind generosity to the PSNP community. God love ya'. :kiss:<3:)

Edited by effdeegee
  • Like 4

Such a cool idea for you to do a giveaway. Very sorry to hear about your mother. 

I would say my favorite Christmas memory was last Christmas, as it was the last Christmas I will have spent with one of my grandfather's. He passed on due to a medical condition this spring and it will be the first Christmas without him. Happily his passing was for the better, but it definitely makes the memory fonder than before

• Like 1