A Very Dashie Christmas.- $300 Giveaway!

XIII-Order-Xion

Sorry to hear about your loss. Im not a big family guy and enjoy being with my friends more. Two years ago we went out to see "The Interview" movie, I got kinda drunk and had them pull over so i could pee. I started peeing in the open cause nobody was on the streets due to holiday. I didnt notice the guy off in the semi watching me. It was the longest piss of my life not because of embarrassment but because of all the beers i cnugged. I got back in the car and explained that the guy driving Optimus prime watched me pee. 

Sorry for your loss, it's always hard to see someone go, always. 

One of the christmas spent on one of my aunt's house, she has a huge house so the family can all stay sleeping from the 24th to 25th. We obviously divided the elders to the bedrooms with actual beds and the younger cousins/uncles all slept in the big leaving room, we shared great jokes and I think everyone fell asleep with a smile on their faces, enjoying that pure family moment :)

I'm sorry for your loss, it's very hard when we lose someone we love.

My favorite Christmas memory is from 5 years ago, when I had to dress up as Santa for my friend's daughter. I gave her the PS3 she was wishing for months and it was so good to see her smile when opening the gift. That reaction was the best gift for me.

Sorry to hear about your loss and will keep you in my thoughts this holiday season. That can be a tough time after losing a loved one. 

Christmas is my favorite holiday so I have lots of great memories. As a kid, my favorite was the Christmas that I got a Super Nintendo. I had played my older brothers NES but this was going to be my very first brand new console. It was the present I wanted most in the world. I was at the age where the holiday was still a magical time. Old enough to start questioning the validity of Santa Claus but young enough to not be able to know for sure. Little did I know that my great mother had scoured all of the stores in the area and picked one up on Black Friday. No idea where she hid that thing for a month but she pulled it off and completely surprised me. I was a nosy kid so leading up to Christmas I searched the house looking for gifts and carefully picked up and examined each wrapped package under the tree. There was no SNES to be found and none of the packages were even close to the right size.  :dunno:

On Christmas Eve we opened all of our family gifts but still no Super Nintendo. My parents teased me that I needed to go to sleep and Santa might still bring it. I set out some cookies and milk then tried going to sleep. Let me tell you, that was the longest night of my young life at the time. I couldn't sleep at all and the anticipation was killing me. I still remember that feeling of waking up on Christmas morning, running to the tree and seeing that glorious SNES under the tree. Still remember that new console smell, how the box looked, every single detail. As a kid, It was one of those moments of pure joy and happiness. The rest of the day was spent playing Super Mario World with my entire family. To this day, just seeing that game brings a smile to my face.  :D

This next part isn't really related to Christmas, but a couple of weeks after this, my entire family went on a ski trip. We are talking several aunts, uncles, and cousins. We had rented a chalet in the mountains and of course I packed along my brand new shiny toy. There's a long story here but basically there was a blizzard that shut down the interstate for days and made getting off the mountain nearly impossible. We spent an extra week stranded up there. The grown-ups were probably freaking out but me and my cousins had a blast being out of school for an entire week, playing out in the snow all day and then coming in and playing that Super Nintendo at night. One of my favorite memories as a kid.

Now that I'm an adult, my favorite new memories are watching my little nephew open his presents each year. You can't beat seeing that smile of pure joy on a kids face as he rips open each package. That's just a special and indescribable feeling. Sounds corny but just seeing how happy he is each Christmas gives me that warm feeling and not going to lie, I've teared up from time to time. This year, I wanted to get him that NES Classic mini just so he could experience what his dad and uncle grew up playing. But with how hard those are to find right now, it's not looking very good. Still, after watching him open his gifts I now know how my parents felt when they watched me discover that Super Nintendo under the tree. I have a new appreciation for all they did to make sure I had a great Christmas as a kid.  :)

Edited by MStalker58
  • Like 3

My memory is from Resident Evil 3 when I played it for the very 1st time: I remember walking down a hallway in the police station when the music suddenly changed. Not really paying attention to the changed atmosphere, I went down the stairs and the music suddenly stopped playing. That's when I noticed something was about to happen, once I went down the hallway, NEMESIS broke through the glass window!! Nervous as hell, I ran outside thinking "I can loose this guy" But he was outside in the front waiting on me, and to make matters worse, he ran up on me and punched the hell out of me (and I yelled out of nervousness)!! It took me dying 3 times to finally kill his ass, and once I found the grenade launcher, it was over for that guy!!

• Like 1

I'm really sorry to hear about your mother passing. It sucks that bad things happen to the best people and it's clear that your a great person after hosting such a generous giveaway.

My favorite Christmas memory was two years ago when I got the Playstation 4 (I had always been more of an XBOX gamer although, I now regret all my life decisions after realizing how much Playstation is better xD). Of course PSN had to be taken down during the week of Christmas but I didn't care. I spent too much time gauking at GTA 5's graphics and discovering my new found addiction, trophy hunting. If not for that Christmas, I wouldn't be here and I wouldn't have met all of the amazing people on PSNP such as yourself  :).

I hope everyone has a great holiday season and I can't wait for the years ahead filled with all of the games coming out next year  :)!

Even though I don't know you, its always sad to hear about these things that happen.  My condolences. 

My memories:

I remember going shopping with my mom on Christmas Eve in the mall when I was a younger.  It was super busy, but I enjoyed getting gifts for people.  To this day I still like going to malls on Christmas Eve for some reason.  That same year the next morning, (this will sound silly but makes me smile) I remember when our family walked downstairs to our Christmas tree, only to find that one of our cats somehow knocked it over during the night.

Edited by B1rvine

When the PT demo first came out me, my boyfriend and my brother all took turns playing it with all the lights off and surround sound on. All three of us kept making embarrassing noises and getting the crap scared out of us over and over trying to figure out how to get the surprise ending. After about 3 hours we had to leave to go to some family thing that none of us cared about. While there we kept glancing at eachother and whispering to each other, "maybe one of the pictures is different than the others, we gotta try looking at them all again", or "Seems like Lisa is a victim, maybe we have to just walk up to her?". When we got home we tried all our ideas and kept failing so we finally looked it up. It was still so new that none of the guides really new what they were talking about and none of their suggestions were working. We tried taking a certain number of steps, purposely letting her possess us, trying to lure her to her baby. Eventually we plugged in our headset and were all talking to her. None of that worked either. Finally we found a guy online saying to put your mic up to this youtube video of Hideo Kojima saying "Did you like it?" with the MG alert sound playing on repeat. We were all skeptical and laughing at the stupid video then low and behold it freakin worked! We played that demo for about 7 hours and all had the chills with the Silent Hills Logo popped up. We still debate if that video even really did anything, if it was something we had tried earlier or if it was just a fluke. Thats easily my best horror game memory and one of the only modern gaming memories i have that rivals the ones of games like Zelda, Mario and Final Fantasy that i have from playing as a kid. I still hope that something comes out of that amazing game changing demo  :)  Cheers everybody  :)

First and foremost I want to say how sad I am for your loss. This close to the holidays, losing someone close to you can be one of the hardest things to deal with. In September of this year my grandma passed away from stage 4 lung cancer. We didn't even know she had it, she got sick one day and a week later she was gone. My thoughts and prayers are with you in this most difficult time.

My bests memories of Christmas has been with my grandma I lost. Every Christmas Eve we get together at her house to open gifts, eat food and just laugh and share stories about our past years and it's so wonderful. One year in particular, I can remember coming home from school crying my eyes out because some boy at school told me that Santa wasn't real. (I was only six). My grandpa sat me down and told me that the only reason he doesn't believe in Santa, was because he was such a mean little boy and Santa didn't visit him because of it. I believed him and I would have been fine with just that.

Well My Grandpa wasn't satisfied and decided to take it a step further. On Christmas Eve, my mom woke me up and told me to not say anything, but to follow her. We were half way down the stairs when I froze, there by our tree was Santa putting gifts under the tree. We watched as he finished and grabbed a few cookies before leaving through the front door. (We didn't have a chimney)

Of course when I got older he told me that it was him, but It made me so happy that he loved me that much, to go out and buy a Santa costume and stay up so late, just to do that for me.

On a funnier note, the year I found out Santa wasn't real (I was eight), my mother had wrapped the presents she got me, in the same wrapping paper Santa's was wrapped in and of I asked about it and she figured it was time to tell me the truth.

I think what you are doing is an amazing thing! Merry Christmas!!

First, I want give my condolences to the passing of your mother.  I won't tell you I know what you're going through because everyone grieves different.  However, you're not alone, and you have folks' support.  I lost my mother six years ago.  Having support from people, even from folks I'd least expected from, has helped me and things will heal overtime.  You'll have days where you'll just break down and cry, like Mother's Day or a birthday, and that's OK.

Anyway, my best Christmas was when my parents bought me the SNES on my 10th birthday.  My birthday is December 30th.  So, they decided to give me the SNES on Christmas.  They bought me Street Fighter 2 and it came with Super Mario World.  I still have the SNES and those games almost 25 years later.

Edited by grimydawg
  • Like 1

First and foremost, my sincerest apologizes to you Dashie.

My favorite Christmas memory has to go to when i just hit 15 not a long while before the 25th, me and my twin were seperated from our brother and sister and had to live a couple of years away from them. I also had someone special to me get seperated from me, my current fiancé. Anyways before christmas eve me and my twin gathered enough money to finally bring our siblings to where we live along with my special one. Long story of that made short it worked xD

Now on the christmas eve we were having a BLAST, your typical siblings happy gathering i guess. But furthermost, i got my very own fat PS3 from my sister on that very same christmas year with a Disgaea 3 CE/LE. I spent hundreds of hours and hours on that game just from the pure awe i felt while playing it. Of course i booted up the system a couple of minutes afterwards and played a little at first.

That is my favorite christmas memory that comes in the top of my head. I still feel bitter for joining this giveaway after hearing your mother's struggle, but i really appreciate your kindness, thank you.

Edited by YaoiGod

Sorry for your loss Dash.

Christmas has always been one of my favourites times of the year. The most fond memory I have is from about 17 years ago. We were hardly scraping by at the time, but no matter how rough things got, my parents always did their best to make Christmas a wonderful. My mom would dig up the old family recipes and spent hours in the kitchen cooking a meal fit for a king. That year it had snowed a lot, so my dad and me played in the snow for hours and after getting home, mom finished her cooking. We'd drink some hot coco and ate some of the snacks she made. A few hours later my grandparents, aunt, uncle, and their kids arrived too and we all enjoyed dinner. Afterwards it was time to open the presents and I got the Lego pack that I wanted, but didn't put on the wishlist because it was too expensive. So naturally I was dumbfounded to get that one. My aunt and uncle stayed the night, so the next day I had a snow fight with my niece and nephews. 

Count me in, mine is pretty funny but I almost destroyed a controller, lol.

Well, I was playing The Evil Within at night, I think it was like 11:30 pm and I was sitting on my couch, if I'm not wrong I was playing chapter 3 which happens to be in a really dark forest so I was really focused trying to be as stealthy as possible as I didn't want to be seen by the damn zombies... right, so I was playing the game, i was kinda nervous, my room was all dark and suddenly my cat jumped on me!! ( I think he wanted me to stroke him), and he scared the hell out of me I literally jumped out of my skin, I screamed like "what the fuuuuuckkk" and unconsciously I grabbed my cat and threw him up in the air, and then my controller, even my phone. Damn, I was so scared, my heart was beating extremely fast, and I was having a really hard time breathing. After a few minutes I calmed down and I stopped playing the game that night, so I tried to find my cat to say sorry to him but he just ran away from me that night lol.

If I happen to win something, I guess you can message me on PSN. thanks :D

My deepest condolences to you. I am disheartened about it, knowing my mother is also battling a stage 4 disease. I really wish the time could stop so I can cherish the moments together with my mom.

With that said, my most memorable Christmas memory was when I was a little child. Even though we are struggling in life, we were a complete family. Excited at getting the cheapest toys and new clothes. Growing up is really a trap. At high school I had an illness which made me one eye blind. (well actually, only half my left eye is functioning now) 3 years ago my father was diagnosed with tuberculosis due to smoking cigarette. I was at work when he died. And because of that my mom had to leave abroad for better income. Me and my brother spent 3 Christmases lonely. Even though we did afford to buy a new TV and a second hand Ps3 and vita, the feeling is still not the same. Now mom's at home, but went home due to a terminal disease. I don't know how to deal with this sadness I am feeling. But I'm till hoping for a better tomorrow. My wish this Christmas is for her to heal so we can spend more Christmas together. So much for the drama, I hope all of you a Merry Christmas.

Dealing with death is not easy, I know that pretty well. In times like these I usually tell myself that it's best to be as happy as you would always be, as being the reason of your sadness is probably the last thing the person that passed away wanted.

We can't stop the flow of time but as long as we keep them in our minds, the dead live on as thoughts.

When it comes to memories of Christmas, I usually don't have that much to remember. The little part of my family that cared about my parents and me was never able to visit us, so I don't have any of those big family meetup moments to remember. The part of Germany that I live in is not that great for memorable Christmas festivities either. If we're lucky we get 3 days of snow nowadays, and usually it's not even the good kind of snow.

There was however one winter that I have fond memories of. When I was about 8 years old, around Christmas time, it snowed for 2 weeks straight. I remember sledding down a hill with my friends and playing on the ice of a little stream that froze. I remember building weird deformed stacks of large snowballs with my friends, which we called snowmen despite them looking nothing like the snowmen from cartoons and movies.

I had lots of fun back then. Life was a lot easier without all of the things grown-ups have to worry about.

I hope reading through all of these happy Christmas memories cheers you up a little, even though mine is less of a story due to my mediocre writing skills and the memory being pretty faded.

Edited by xFalionx

Sorry for your loss, and it is great that you are generous.

I thought I would share a video game relevant story.  One year, I was playing hide and seek with my sister, and I hid under my folks bed, only I noticed I was lying next to SMB2.  Well, that of course meant there was a NES to go with it.  I was a pretty good kid, so I felt sick with guilt for finding it, even unintentionally.  I couldn't even bring myself to talk about it with my sister.  For the week or so leading up to Christmas I couldn't sleep from the excitement.  On Christmas morning, I was sick again from guilt and could barely open gifts.  We were one of the only kids on the street without a NES.  After that, I didn't have to 'invite myself' over to friends houses to play.

First of all, thank you for your great generosity!

My funniest and scariest moments both are from outlast. The funny one first: I was fairly close to th end of the game, one of the lst encounters with this big a** enemy, and I tried to sneek away from him towards the location I was supposed to be heading. So after a while he/it discovered me and I had to run away. So I did and then hid in  toilet room (safe space you know). The problem was, I didnt know the location of the enemy anymore, so I had to take a chance and decided to step out of my toilet room. And guess where the enemy was: Right infront of that door. I almost got a hard attack....dying from laughter because it was such a cliche. 

The scariest moment was the end of Outlast, where you had to run from the Wallrider. Throughout the whole game I imagined how the main character must feel, so at the end of the game I really had that "running for life" feeling, and it kinda terrified me, even though the environment of this "level" wasnt scary.

On a second thought, the whole first game of the Project Zero / Fatal Frame franchise scared me shitless.

Have a good day and be sp00ked :D

Sorry to hear about your mum my father passed away from a second bout of cancer when I first joined the site (one of the main reasons I actually ended up joining weirdly). It can be hard feel free to message if you need someone to talk to. 

Christmas was always a weird time for me as mostly my family never spend time together normally. So I guess in a way my favourite memory is in fact how Christmas was a time for the whole family to be together and everyone actually get along because its Christmas. I know a lot of people complain about the commercialisation of Christmas but in a weird way it is what encourages everyone to have that picturesque holiday where the whole family is together spending time together. Its also great as it gave our family one last time to be able to spend all our time together before my father passed, shortly after, which in a way seems like he tried to hang on just for that which is pretty cool when you thin of it like that.

Apologies for the depressing tone, but my mind just went there when I heard about your loss.

I used to be an avid collector of trading cards (thank god I discovered trophies lol, so much cheaper), and I will always have fond memories of opening a card pack on Christmas. I always got 1, but that 1 always had an ultra rare card inside - a type of card that, outside of trading, I never got on any day other than Christmas. I even got 20 packs at once one time during the year (for free, I won them) and none of them had an UR card... And then come Christmas, that 1 Christmas pack had an UR in :awesome:

I realize that it was pure luck, but it was always something I looked forward to on Christmas lol.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Though I may not be as fortunate as some I am blessed enough to have a stable income so I can afford to buy most every game that I want to so that being said I wouldn't feel right entering a giveaway like this. I just wanted to say that what you're doing Dashie is one of the most kind and selfless things I have seen in a long while, I'm terribly sorry about your loss, obviously a person of your caliber deserves much better. <3

• Like 2

Resident Evil 2. I was playing in the dark with my older brother and was around the age of 8. He had beat the game and kept telling me this horrific description of a Tyrant. I was playing on Chris's Scenario and was somewhere in Racoon PD, I am pretty sure. I heard a zombie moaning in the distance but because of the fixes camera angles, I couldn't see where the zombie was. My brother had me all hyped up about the Tyrants and kept telling me not to go around the corner because there was one waiting for me. I walked slowly to the corner of the screen, then the camera angle suddening shifted and I was bombarded by a flaming zombie that was moaning while it grabbed me. I couldn't help but to scream at the top of my lungs. Probably one of the worst jump scares I have ever had. 

Another one that is sightly horror is when I was playing Mortal Kombat 3 with my older brother. I was probably about 4-5 years old during this one. He had figured out some fatalities and I had really only seen the ones from the original Mortal Kombat and they weren't that graphic. We were playing and he was Kabal. He ended up killing me and when he did the fatality where Kabal rips his mask off, I screamed and screamed because it was so unexpected. Here is a video for anyone that isn't familiar with what I am talking about.

Another good but short one was my first time playing Fatal Frame when I was 10 or so. First encounter with that creepy guy with the long arms, gave me nightmares for days. Here is a random video for anyone that isn't familiar with what I am talking about. https://youtu.be/WN8JIK9tGmI?t=3m14s

EDIT: I didn't see that the topic got changed into a Christmas Theme. Sadly I don't really have any fond Christmas Memories. I hope my entry still counts. It was a lot to type haha. Seems to be a lot of people here have been affected by cancer. I lost my stepdad 8 years ago to lung cancer 8 months after his diagnosis. 

Edited by skateak