A Very Dashie Christmas.- $300 Giveaway!

XIII-Order-Xion

So sorry for your loss.  My mother died three years ago, and the pain of her loss is still there.  Although the pain will never truly go away (at least for me anyways), the good days eventually will start to outnumber the bad days.

Back to the Christmas theme, one of my favorite Christmas memories was during our annual family get together.  My cousin had a camcorder and was going around recording the rest of the family and the get together in general.  When she got around to aiming the camera at my brother, he was casually picking his nose.  I don't even think he noticed (or cared lol) that he was being recorded.  When I later saw that (and every time I remember this), I always laugh.

Why am I most of the times late to this kind of giveaways? Even though that this giveaway is over, I'll post what is being asked.

While I do not feel scare at all when playing horror games, I do enjoy their atmosphere, I love to feel like I'm in the game, that's is why I try to play this kind of games on nights only and with the lights out. One of the creepiest if not the creepiest moment in horror games for me, is the school in Silent Hill, that's right, the PS One game; those grey children is the thing that makes the entire level a nightmare when playing on hard since they can gang up on you and "kill you" in no time if you don't keep your distance. Those bastards just fit in that level, and the music when you enter the school courtyard, gives the game the perfect atmosphere. One of my favorite horror games despite of its outdated graphics.

Edited by Deceptrox

I tried out Outlast while I was at a friends house when it first came out, and we made the unfortunate mistake of drinking prior to that. The result? I quite literally, no joke at all, shit my pants. And now I heard that the people doing Outlast 2 have created a version of the game that comes with a diaper. If I ever get it, I will legitimately get that diaper and get good use out of it.

What a shitty story, eh? Oh, the puns.

Just want to say that I am very, incredibly sorry for your loss and I send my deepest condolences to you and your family, Dashie. You're incredibly generous and kind for giving out such a large amount, especially during such a difficult time.

I don't know if I'm late to the giveaway or not, but I'll post my memory regardless of the fact. It's actually pretty hard for me to remember a favorite memory about Christmas, most of mine are from my childhood which is pretty hazy nowadays (I'm only a teenager and I'm already forgetting that stuff, hell). But I guess I would say my favorite memory was the last Christmas I spent with my whole family, before my parents were divorced. They would fight constantly, but often it felt as if Christmas was a safe zone that they had no choice but to leave untouched by their verbal assaults since it's really a family holiday for us. Of course they would be at it again on the 26th, but for one day we pretty much got peace in the house. I don't remember anything that specifically happened that Christmas, but I still feel as though I took that last Christmas we had all together for granted. When my parents got divorced everyone would say "hey at least now you get two Christmases and two birthdays!" but to me it's really not a plus, I'd much rather spend the holidays with everyone I love at once, as a family.

I don't know if that last one counts as a specific memory, so I have another one, if that's alright. This one is more recent, last year actually. Last year was really the first year I was actually able to afford to get everybody in my family a nice gift. Just watching everyone in my family open up their gifts and seeing their surprised and happy faces is a good memory for me, especially after feeling like I've disappointed them all those previous years for being a shitty gift giver. I consider myself very fortunate that I could finally get them nice things they actually want.

Happy holidays, everyone.