post your three favorite rpg games ever played

yiazmat50112254

the idea is that you post your top 3 of favorite rpg's so people can see which ones are very good games and worth trying and which not.

when a lot of posts are made i will count all votes and post a top... of all games you all have posted (nr1 = 3 points, nr2= 2 points, nr3 =1 point) so you can see the ranking on that point. of course voting after the ranking is made is possible too, and once i do make a ranking after it again when another lot of posts are made.

VERY IMPORTANT!!! this are the things you need to know before posting, because some of them will affect the ranking!:

*consoles don't matter (you may post it but it won't have any use)

*post the full name of the game so not only the game itself or part 1,2,3 enz. some games may have different names with same number. (for example: if star ocean 3 is your favorite then post star ocean till the end of time and not only 3 or even only star ocean. but if a game have only a number then you can post that. for example: final fantasy XII can be posted because it has no long name attached to it) (if nothing is attached to the name when it has different volumes, i will expect it is the first volume of the game)

*don't post less than a top 3. (more is no problem but don't have any extra worth either)

*you need to have played the game because otherwise you can't know if it is as good as you think

*explaining why you posted the game would be fun because it make your reasons more clear, but it is not a must for the ranking

*only post rpg's because this forum is for rpg fans (if you have other games in you top 3 then post the first 3 rpg's for example: your nr 2,3,5 and 7 are no rpg's then post your nr1, nr4 and nr6) (western or eastern rpg's don't matter)

*it is possible you have some games equal in your top 3. then in first place try to think first if there is a slight difference, but if you really can't find out which is better then at least post it a way that it is clear (for example: 1 1 1 or 1 1 3 or 1 2 2), if this happen i count for the ranking: 111 as 2points each  and 113 as 1=2,5 3=1  and 122 as 1=3 2=1,5.  it can happen your 3rd place is split, if that's the case it will be a best 4 so it will be too difficult to count it for the ranking, so please try to avoid that if possible.

*if you accidently did one of the things what make i can't post it in the ranking, then please edit it as quick as possible. because the ranking will come at some point and after it it's too late!

just to be clear, these rules are meant to make the ranking possible to make. and at the same time, it helps to make it as accurate as possible.

this are my top rpg's:

1 final fantasy XII

2 star ocean till the end of time

3 final fantasy X

(4 dragon quest the journey of the cursed king)

i have written down where the rankings are and put an additional link to it to make it easier for you to watch the rankings:

first ranking placed on post #45          https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/30666-post-your-three-favorite-rpg-games-ever-played/?page=2

second ranking placed on post #88    https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/30666-post-your-three-favorite-rpg-games-ever-played/?page=4

third ranking placed on post #196       https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/30666-post-your-three-favorite-rpg-games-ever-played/?page=8

one last thing: i can't count the posts of people who ingnored one of the rules what makes i can't post it, i wrote the rules above, the ones who matter and which ones who don't are written next to them.

this is because otherwise it will be impossible to count and the ranking will be incorrect.

good luck and have fun :)

Edited by yiazmat50112254
  • Like 2

1. Witch and the hundred knight

Dark as fuck, go for the cannon ending ( the "bad" ending ) has an extra chapter, this game on ps3 has a bug that closes your game but it was seriously worth it. Nothing will ever top this game for me.

2. Tales of Xillia 2

Great characters as usual from a Tales game. There are some really sad moments and the ending is just epic.

3. Final Fantasy 13-2

Underrated game god knows why. Caius is the best "anti-hero" ever. He could of potentially been the games protagonist if it was in his PoV.

Edited by Tomoko Kuroki
  • Like 1

1. Final Fantasy vii nothing needs to be said about this game

2. Final Fantasy X  Had in my mind the best intros out of the thousands of games i've played none come close. The world and lore is fantastic  the music also dominate's in this as well with the best song i've heard in a videogame otherworld which plays in the intro.  

3. Xenoblade for nintendo wii    Was definitely the best jrpg in years had likable characters good combat some really awesome boss designs and an amazing soundtrack

I can't pick just 3 so.....

1. Pokemon Black, DS. It reminded me of the original games with a brand new set of pokemon, plus hours of exciting content. I think I love it the most because my favorite thing about any game is collecting all there is to collect- and there's plenty of that here.

2. Persona 4 Golden, ps vita. I love the characters the best of any rpg I've ever played. They're very well written, and the battle system is excellent. I also like the spinoff series Devil Survivor but it isn't nearly as good. Same excellent combat though.

3. Tales of Graces F. Hard to pick a favorite "Tales of" game, but this is the first I ever played, Hubert was an awesome character, and the battle system was one of the best in the series.

Runner ups: Elder Scrolls Skyrim, because I love quest based games and Ni No Kuni because I loved the story and monster collecting and evolving element. Plus Dragon Quest IX for DS- I loved the character customization abilities, and the story was excellent too, even with a silent protagonist.

• Like 2

I haven't played many, but:

1. Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories.

I loved the card system and enjoyed every moment of this platinum - even all 6 playthroughs.

2. Soul Sacrifice

Not so much because of the gameplay, but I absolutely loved the story and the lore that this game has. It's very dark and it was a joy to read through.

3. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD

This one is mainly here because I haven't played many RPGs tbh. The gameplay of this was great fun, but the story didn't really pick up until the final few chapters (the ending was beautiful though). There also wasn't any tedious grinding involved.

Well this thread fits me very well since i only finished like 3 RPG's on my entire life :P

1- Dark Souls/Demon's Souls

2- Pokemon Emerald/ Fire Red

3- Fire Emblem Awakening ( still playing through the campaign so it might rank up on the future)

Edited by Jiaho24

Chrono Trigger

I love everything about this game.  The characters, the music, the story.  All of it is just so good.

Digital Devil Saga

It was my first MegaTen game.

Final Fantasy V

It has my favorite Final Fantasy cast and a great job system.  And one of my favorite soundtracks.

• Like 1

10/10 RPGs

1. Persona 4 Golden

2. The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword

9/10 RPGs

3. Persona 3 Portable, Tales of The Abyss, Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked

It's just too hard for me to pick one :P

Everything else is either below 9/10 or I haven't finished it yet (I have a lot of RPGs in my backlog)

1. Chrono Trigger: solid and borderline epic story, lovable characters and the music...Well, they even got an orchesta to play it on some events. Also considered to be one of the best games ever made in history. Do I need to say more?

2. Earthbound: dark themed covered in a 'childish-looking' environment. Story is also very but VERY good.

3. Chaos Rings Omega: top notch story filled with mistery and very enjoyable characters . This RPG will play with your emotions and show you the importance and love of family in a very unique way.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 2

1. Rogue Galaxy- My second favorite game of all time. Fun gameplay. Large, colorful, cast of characters. Interesting story. Beautiful worlds. Beautiful soundtrack. Tons of cool side content. Basically, my idea of the perfect JRPG.

2. Dragon's Dogma- The best open world, action RPG I've ever played. Incredibly addicting. Combat system is top notch. A good twist on the generic "You are the chosen one" story. Lots of cool enemies, that usually don't appear in RPGs. The best character creator in any non MMO game I've seen.

3. Final Fantasy X- My favorite Final Fantasy game. Probably the best overall cast of protagonists in FF. Great, emotional, story. Beautiful world and amazing music. Fun turn based combat. Has a certain charm. Everyone brings up the Tidus laughing scene, as a negative towards the game. But that weird voice acting just makes the game more memorable. That one scene is more memorable than anything that happened in FF games in the last decade. Just like Resident Evil's "Jill Sandwich", it's so bad, it's good.

• Like 1