post your three favorite rpg games ever played

yiazmat50112254

1. Final Fantasy VIII - My favorite FF game by a country mile. Pure nostalgia.  Must have fully beaten it at least 10 times over the years, in fact I'm playing now on my Vita.  Love the characters, the futuristic setting, the Junction system, the summons, the weird twist at the end, all the fan theories, etc.

2. Mass Effect 2 - Really want to say the whole Mass Effect Trilogy as all three games are amazing, but rules are rules, so I'll just go for ME2 if I have to pick one.  Great characters, epic story and it all takes place in the entire galaxy.

3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Still currently playing this after 2 months and loving every second. Again, great characters, stunningly beautiful world, seemingly endless quests to do, decent combat.  Can't wait for more DLC. 

• Like 1

Persona 3 FES. I went in not knowing anything about it or the franchise so I was overwhelmingly surprised when I got to the good parts (the whole intro and onwards)

Mass Effect 3. I wanted to cheat and say the ME trilogy as a whole but if I were to pick one it'd be 3 because it was the climax to everything I had built from the past games, and I mean everything.

Kingdom Hearts 2. It took everything from the first game and made it better. As a kid, it meant the world to me.

Okami. It would be my third one but does it qualify as an RPG? I really want to say it does but I'm not too exact on it.

In no particular order:

Pokemon series, more specifically Pokemon Silver. My very first Pokemon game.

Dragon Quest 8: Journey of the Cursed King.

Digimon World 2.

Honorable Mentions:

Dragon Age series

Chrono Trigger

Final Fantasy 1

Also to me its kinda sad seeing that list you compiled together and seeing alot of games that came out pretty recently. In the last 5 years or so.

Edited by ShadowSigmaX

Hmmm...

Tough call but I'll say -

1.) Final Fantasy VII

1st RPG game and although it's so freaking old and overrated, I will always remember it getting me into this type of game.

2.) Final Fantasy XII

My favorite FF game, really well done (imo) and can't wait for the remaster when it comes out in 2021 :P

3.) Kingdom Hearts II

I haven't played the Final Mix versions but I do plan to get both 1 & 2 eventually.  I loved the idea of Disney and FF together and it was a lot of fun.

Holy jeez, I need to play Mass Effect.

Also to me its kinda sad seeing that list you compiled together and seeing alot of games that came out pretty recently. In the last 5 years or so.

Consider the perspective of someone brand new to gaming who's first console might be a PS4. Do you start with what your friends are playing now or try to find out what other people have said are the great games of history and experience them?

1) Grandia II

I'm really surprised this gem hasn't been mentioned. Ryudo is a fantastic protagonist and the battle system is the best ever designed for an RPG, it even got used in Child of Light.

2) Dragon Quest IX

First DQ game I played, and whilst the bosses can be considered difficult, the story negates that flaw, I enjoyed my time with it.

3) Final Fantasy XII

Now before the "FF7/8/9/10 is the best FF" purists call me an idiot, hear me out. XII was the first FF I fully played. Sure Vaan was a lame protagonist but everything else makes Vaan look more like a minor discomfort than a severe problem.

Honourable mentions: Kingdom Hearts 2, Tales of Xillia, Tales of Graces f, Tales of Xillia 2, Tales of Symphonia, FFX, Demon's Souls.

• Like 1

Final Fantasy X - My very first game when I got my ps2. One of my favorite games of all time.

Final Fantasy IX - Easily one of my top 10 games of all time. Love everything about that game

Pokemon Silver - First game I got with my brand new gameboy color over 12 years ago. Still my favorite pokemon game. 

Edited by Baddboys

1. Chrono Trigger (SNES) : Just look at my avatar and you know what I'm into. Perfect story, superb soundtrack, infinite replay value. 10+/10, my favorite game of all time regardless of genre.

Final Fantasy VI (SNES) : A very, veeery close second. A touching story, awesome OST and perhaps the greatest villain of all time, Kefka Palazzo. He even destroys the world!

Final Fantasy IX (PS1) : Brings the 'Fantasy' back in Final Fantasy. A fairy-tale like adventure like no other. The music is sublime, as are the characters. I'm sharpening my knife, kupo!

• Like 2