post your three favorite rpg games ever played

yiazmat50112254

The first two really easy to pick.

1.- Golden Sun: can't believe no one have picked this game yet, favourite rpg and fav game ever.

2.-Persona 4 Golden: what can i say about this game? Just love it.

3.-Wild arms 1: I was wondering between chosing this or Tales of Xillia, but this won. Funny story is that I played it for the first time this year on the ps vita. Really really good soundtrack.

Honorable mentions: 

-Almost every tales of games except abyss and eternia.

-FF III, yes 3, not VI, IV and XIII trilogy.

-Suikoden I (have not play II yet).

-Ys saga.

Edited by Carlver
  • Like 1

1. Fallout 3/New Vegas - I have put a ungodly amount of time into these games

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 - Sorry Nep for not choosing as my number 1

FFXIII - Well, I know some people are going to be unhappy that I don't pick 7-10.

Edited by WulfPack3
  • Like 1

The first two really easy to pick.

1.- Golden Sun: can't believe no one have picked this game yet, favourite rpg and fav game ever.

2.-Persona 4 Golden: what can i say about this game? Just love it.

3.-Wild arms 1: I was wondering between chosing this or Tales of Xillia, but this won. Funny story is that I played it for the first time this year on the ps vita. Really really good soundtrack.

Wow, someone else that thinks Wild Arms is one of the best RPG's! To bad that game never received the love that it deserves. Same goes to you Jenni XJ-9, thanks for showing the love of Wild Arms. 

Picking just 3 RPG's is very difficult as I've played a lot of really good RPG's. So I'm going to pick my personal top 3 that are not only all excellent games, but games that helped shape me personally as a gamer. Anyway, my top 3 are...

1. Wild Arms - This was probably the game that got me started and interested in RPG's as a whole. The entire series is great though and this game does have a wonderful soundtrack.  
  2. Tales of Symphonia - First Tales of I ever played and instantly hooked me on the whole series. Love the real time combat system found in all the games.
  3. Pokemon - Yup, this has made my list. Never has there been a game with so much flexibility in figuring out how you want to approach a battle and figuring out who you want to fight in a party. 700+ Pokemon and having no 2 Pokemon be the same even if their the same species is amazing. 
Edited by Champ147
  • Like 1

1. dothack - The first 4, even though GU was a great series I enjoyed the first 4 much more.

2. The Witch and the Hundred Knight - The story is so morbid and amazing, I can't wait till the PS4 edition.

3. Dark Cloud - I had this game down to a science back in the day, I would start the game over constantly to get to the end quickly. 

1-Runescape pc this is the best game in history i retired it after 5 years of playing it i used to play 5 hours a day so i spent like 3000 hours on it makes me cry to remember it

2-the witcher 3 just wow best offline rpg ever

3- i only played 2 rpgs i played final Fantasy but didnt love it :/

1. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars [sNES]
This was the last game I bought as a kid for the SNES before I moved on to PS1. Taking a shower in Marrymore suite and sleeping for days, only paying for 1 night. Boy was that owner pissed! Had to work as a bellhop boy. -_-  I could never get past Booster Tower as a kid. :S

2. Pokémon Gold [GBC]

Typhlosion ftw! I don't know how many battles I had with my friends in 5th grade, it was a blast. I spent days trying to get to Cianwood City from Olivine City because I would get lost surfing around the water and the Whirl Islands. Beating Team Rocket and making them pay for taking Slowpoke tails. Beating Red in Mt. Silver. Rock smashing to get a Shuckle. ^_^

3. Kingdom Hearts [PS2]

"One who knows nothing can understand nothing." "KINGDOM HEARTS! Fill me with the power of darkness!" Dude just starting up the game and watching the intro is epic.

1) Kingdom Hearts II (PS2/PS3) - This game took everything about the first and made it better. Kingdom Hearts gets a lot of flak for having a confusing story, but it makes sense as long as your seriously paying attention. The drive forms were dope (minus Wisdom Form. Always thought magic was pretty useless).

2) Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (PSP/PS3) - It does start out a little slow for all 3 playable characters, but once the story got rolling I couldn't stop. Plus this game clearly put forward who the main antagonist of the series was, and also explained a lot of how the worlds became so afflicted with darkness by the beginning of the first game. 

3) Mass Effect 2 (PS3/Xbox 360) - I love me some Star Wars. It's the first movie I can remember watching as a child. So when my friends told me Mass Effect was like Star Wars meets Star Trek with some fun RPG elements and intense combat, I was interested. Most of the choices you make are difficult, you come to care for your crew members over time and the story had that epic feel that Star Wars and Star Trek are known for. The final mission still stands as one of my favorite memories of gaming.

Honorable mentions from me: Mass Effect 3, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt, Kingdom Hearts

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - By far the best RPG I have ever played, it is also one of my first. Amazing Star Wars story, just a shame it's not part of canon. Oh, and one of the best twists in gaming I've experienced.

Mass Effect 2 - Masterpiece. Steps up a couple of levels from the first one. Too bad Mass Effect 3 couldn't reach the bar set by ME 2.

Dragon Age: Origins - I think this was actually my first game that made me hyped for it a year before it's release. The trailers were amazing and the game didn't disappoint. Great storyline, amazing characters. The sequel wasn't the best and Inquisition came close being as good as Origins. I would recommend this to any WRPG fan. But then again, if you're a western RPG fan, you played this game already :D

So yeah, these are my top three. I probably haven't shocked anyone  :lol:

• 1 month later...

In no particular order:

Tales of Symphonia (memorable cast of characters, good story and presentation, and fun gameplay)

Final Fantasy VII (liked the story, gameplay, and production-values)

Persona 4 Golden (the most memorable RPG I've played. Golden even expands the experience with tons of new content)

Edited by NullRay85

3. TIE: Secret of Mana/KotOR (These games were with me throughout my childhood)

2. FF7: The battle system, the story, the characters, the ridiculously long animation sequences (summonings). What else can be said?

1. FFX: I cried at the end because the story did such a great job of keeping me emotionally invested in the characters. Truly amazing work of art and my personal favorite of all time.

Just 3? Really not enough choices here

1. Devil Summoner Soul Hackers - Back in the day on the Sega Saturn, I had finished Devil Summoner on the Saturn but Soul hackers was by far the better game. This meant allot more to me than just the game as I had become competent with my Japanese.

2. Persona 2 IS and EP -  As an Smt fan this 2 part off spin was brilliant

3. FF7 - Sure I've played all of the FF games, there is a reason that ff7 is so popular and it my opinion it's the story.

only 3? 3 don't do justice to RPG's, but aw well.

1- Dark Cloud. ( kinda frustrating when hearing that when it's finally hit the US and EU playstation store it's only released for the ps4, at least it's finally came out with even tropies support. now I just need a ps4 )

2- The Legend of the Dragoon.

3- Ni No Kuni wrath of the white witch.

Edited by yellowwindow7

1) Final Fantasy 7 (PS1)

2) Wild Arms 1 (PS1)

3) Star Ocean: The Second Story (PS1)

These 3 games had great plot, characters, battle system, gameplay, customization, soundtrack, and replay ability.  

Honorable mentions: 

Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1): The surprise game that provided above and beyond content that was well worth the price.  It was Final Fantasy meets chess.

Chrono Trigger (Super NES/PS1): I played this game very late and it was good.  The multiple endings makes you want to replay the game over and over.  However, it wasn't enough to make the top 3.

Vagrant Story (PS1): Dark, brooding environment where you have to adapt against your opponents or you will pay the price.  

Breath of Fire 3 (PS1): I found this game to be the best one in the Breath of Fire series.  Isometric battles, colorful environment, gameplay, and soundtrack.  I swear that fishing mini-game was addicting.