Glitchiest PS3 Game

TigressLion

Surprised to see Borderlands up there.  I eventually gave my PS3 copy to a friend and bought it on Steam but I played the game and all the DLC on PS3 and had no issues I can recall.

Fallout New Vegas on the other hand has the honour of being the only game I ever returned for a refund - and Amazon accepted it even though I'd owned it six weeks.  It kept freezing up the entire system when  I walked through doors and eventually screwed up my HDD.  I had format it and reinstall the system software.  

Both FO3 and NV have their crashy moments on PC but they don't seem as bad, and they don't freeze up the system so recovering is as easy as restarting the game. Not resetting the machine.

BUT The glitchiest game I own is...

Enslaved, my god this is a f*** mess of trophy hunting with these glitches.

What was so bad about enslaved. I had no problem whatsoever. Are you playing without a patch maybe.

Fallout and Skyrim are the most glitchy I've played. Also had a trophy glitch in Crysis 2

Defiance - I can't platinum because completing chapter 3 trophy never popped and Trion World's/Sony told me to fuck myself.Even though I completed the story and had the rest of the trophies to prove it.

Transformers:Dark of the Moon - I played through the main mission 3 times in three different discs because I kept getting corruption crashes on the second to last level in different areas of that level

• Like 1

Hands down Fallout (3 & NV)!

Going for the 100% in F3, I can't tell how many times my ps3 froze or the story progress glitched, forcing me to restart and swear like a sailor at my tv :rolleyes:

But why oh why do I love this franchise sooooo much that i'll gladly put up with the glitches just to go there again?? Please Fallout 4, get here already so that I can curse my tv some more!!! :wub:

What was so bad about enslaved. I had no problem whatsoever. Are you playing without a patch maybe.

Fallout and Skyrim are the most glitchy I've played. Also had a trophy glitch in Crysis 2

Orbs were glitched even though i got 100% on levels it isn't counted.

The bull boss doesn't stop running, he hit's the wall rides and it and keeps charging making this trophy unobtainable.

Appearing inside of walls and floors.

Checlpoints saving but it won't reload that one.

Audio clips are missing, i.e conversation and other pieces just crashes and goes silent.

Enemies move/attack me during cutscenes meaning AS SOON as the scene ends I'm being barraged which is annoying.

The list goes on.

• Like 1

Don't Starve PS3. Just went inside a sinkhole? RNG may or may not corrupt the savefile, if not the SLOT. You also get a debug screen with the error details, similar to the PC version. There's also a rare chance for characters to not move from their spawn point on newly generated maps, adventure mode maps with the wrong weather and many more. Still waiting for the porting company to publish a patch (at least they added the trophy list, that's something).

Doki-Doki Universe was a major pain in the rear. I did a few experiments before getting 100%, and it seemed to crash due to way too many props on the same scene (taking aside your home planet). If I had to use a prop and it didn't become part of the scene, I just removed it and continue with the story. Actually helped me.

A specific Borderlands 2 glitch is actually both my favorite and the bane of my existence. If you don't finish Doctor's Orders, you can "force" a dwarf loader to spawn from the cardboard boxes before Bloodwing's cage 4 out of 5 times (since it's triggered by the quest). If you haven't found J3NK1N5 and you skipped that subquest, that's the only place where the "Hyperion crate" rule doesn't apply and you can farm him quite easily.. I learned about the glitch after I was almost done with my first cycle. Forgot on cycles 2 and 3. Didn't want to do all the challenges again on another character, so I had to rely on good ol' Hyperion farming. Took me a couple of days to get the little robot. Special mention to bino-boost on unpatched DS2.  

Skyrim easily. Whiterun's disappearing floor. Important NPCs disappearing, so I couldn't progress with certain quests. Followers disappearing, causing me to lose any items they were holding. Dragons glitching textures. Mammoths falling from the sky, and dying on the spot. Enemies falling through walls, so I couldn't loot them. And a handful of smaller glitches here and there.

Seriously, Bethesda?

wow, you must have had it pretty rough with this game.

For me it would be the Dead Island series...and riptide, dont get me started with that and the amount of lags

I own (and have platinumed) many of the games mentioned in this thread, like Mass Effect and Borderlands, and I don't recall encountering any issues.  I'd say I was lucly, but I did all 3 playthroughs of Mass Effect and got 100% in Borderlands GOTY edition on 360 before doing it all over again on PS3 a couple years later.  Since I can't really recall having too many issues with any of my games, maybe I just have a higher tolerance for the little issues.

For me, there's not really any games that sorely stick out.  I remember a few hard-locks in Saints Row IV forcing a system restart, that kinda sucked.  But it was only a few times, so it didn't bother me too much (unless I blocked it out of my memory, lol).  There is one game I've played that was absolutely terrible, but it was on 360, not PS3.  It was so bad that I wanted to pull my hair out.  Golden Axe: Beast Rider.  Honestly, not a terrible game, but you have to do A+ runs while using a sword that reduces your health to a 1 hit kill, and no continuing, so you have to restart the entire level.  As that means you must go fast, collect everything you can, and kill every baddie, they're quite hard.  Problem is the game would pop an error claiming 'no disc in the tray' (yes there was!) quite frequently on the level completion screen, and kick you back to the dashboard without saving your run.  Keep in mind the disc was flawless, no scratches, all other games worked, and still work perfectly, and I've never seen that, or any other disc related ever, on my 360 since.  So... after hours of trying and finally succeeding in the damn level, it might all be for nothing.  I did however persevere and got the 1000G for that game (Proof!), but it was quite the nightmare.  I was so glad when I finally finished, but if I had to do it again I'd throw the disc in the garbage and never start it.

There's no game I've ever played on PS3 or Vita that comes within a million miles of being as bad as that game, so that's probably why I'm at a loss for choosing one here.

Only one that comes to mind right away is your typical Lego game freezing, missing mini-kit/brick glitch. Missing collectibles thankfully never happened to me at all. The freezing part did however. I was so worried that my Lego Marvel save was going to get corrupted cause it froze on me back to back...thank God it didn't.

As Topic says, what is the glitchiest PS3 game you've played?

I have over 250 games, titles such as:

Fallout 3

Skyrim

Borderlands

Amongst other known glitchy games.

BUT The glitchiest game I own is...

Enslaved, my god this is a f*** mess of trophy hunting with these glitches.

Skyrim isn't as bad anymore. Enslaved is annoying, but I didn't know it was glitched.

Anyway, for me, it's Fallout: New Vegas, although Dragon Age: Inquisition gives it a strong run for its money. When the game said that I had no save files (almost 50 hours in!), I almost cried. Thankfully, when I turned the system on and off, it managed to find them.

• 3 months later...