We need to go Deeper - Gold

Matrim_Drasgen

I am personally struggling with this Trophy. By myself or with my brother, best we can do is 36, just shy of 37 which gives the waypoint. I join random games but always come in after 37 and 50. Once I got in at 46 and went through to 50 and died there but did not get the trophy, guess you have to beat all the stages before 50.

Anyone got any advice or willing to help? My main is Warrior but my back up is Wizard.

On Warrior I rock Destructo-Spin for Ability, Invulnerability for Talisman and Movement/Attack Speed increase for Relic Rank 3.

I don't have as much for Wizard. I use the spell book that gives Invisibility and use the Barrier for Talisman. Have not bought a relic yet, I do not know what is a good fit for the Wizard.

My brother rocks Valkyrie. He uses the Spin Attack for his weapon Ability, Summons 3 Valkyries for Talisman and Rank 3 Relic of the one that summons Illusions to fight for you.

He doesn't have a back-up to my knowledge.

Anyone got any advice or willing to offer some help? I tried that invisibility trick with the Wizard but I can never seem to get it to work.

First step is to try and get the waypoint on 37 and then get the 50 but all at once is good too.

There is a cheap method to easily earn this trophy but it takes a loooong time to do.  

Using your wizard, equip your invisibility spell and use that essentially forever.  The cool down and duration of the spell is exactly the same, so you can literally stay invisible the entire level.  Enemies won't see you and you can walk right through all of them without any of them attacking, not even Death will be able to kill you.  Now, if you use any spell or potion while invisible, it does break your invisibility.  However, if you use your relic ability, that does NOT break your invisibility.  So the way this method works is to equip the Ring of Mirrors (the relic that summons illusions) and just keep using that while your invisible.  You can leave your illusions to kill everything on the map while you can sit back safe from all danger.  And I recommend summoning them right next to summon stones, so that the illusions will likely attack and kill those first.  This can and will take a long time to clear each floor as the cool down time for the relic is kinda long and you'll need to cast it many times in each area.  

This method does 2 faults though.  First, any attack that just so happens to hit you randomly will still hurt you.  When you summon your illusions, enemies will attack your illusions and not you.  But if you happen to get in the way of one of their attacks on your illusions, you can still die this way.  And second, for some odd reason the cultist wizards can every now and then still get a lock-on on you in the split second it takes to recast invisibility.  When this happens either summon your illusions next to the wizard while invisible to kill it or very quickly blast the wizard from some safe spot just enough to disrupt his spell and then go invisible again.  

And despite everything above, still be sure to buy health and skull coins whenever you can.  You will still die a few times but not nearly as much as ever before.  And outside of the wizard being able to occasionally hit you, the levels with the mummies/skeleton's and orcs/grunts will essentially never hit you even once so long as you don't stand by your illusions after summoning them.  

And I'm hoping to have my guide posted shortly as well.  I just created my first ever trophy guide and submitted it to be published.  If it does, please check it out and let me know what you think.  

Sorry to post again right after my last post, but it appears that they just released a new patch 2 days ago called patch 2.2.  This patch now makes the duration of the invisibility shorter than the cool down time, meaning you can no longer stay invisible forever.  However, if you simply don't ever install the patch, you will be unable to play using any online features of the game.  Luckily for us though, you can earn this trophy and any other trophy in the game while completely offline, so just don't install the patch and complete the endless mode offline using this method if you like.  Otherwise, I recommend just finding 1-2 (don't go with 4 people as there are just to many monsters to deal with, even with 4 players) other players and keep trying.  

Thanks. That method doesn't seem to be as reliable as every one makes it out to be. I have tried it before either new patch but never could get it to work properly. Every one person I found online claiming how it worked, found 2 or more saying the opposite.

I am hoping I can find like you said 1-2 more players who did it the difficult way of slaughtering all and going to floor 50. Also, I have heard 33-6 are extremely difficult and that once you get the new waypoint on 37, the rest to 50 are quite easy. Is this true? Are you any good and willing to team up?

I'm fairly good at this game.  I'm not super powerful but I can hold my own and was able to make it to floor 34 solo with the Elf before I was slaughtered.  I ended up using the trick I mentioned above to get to the 50th floor but I'm game to go at it with you.  Just send me a friend request and make sure that you mention what's it's for.  I've received several blank requests before and I turn them all down.  

And if your still looking for that platinum, my guide has been published, check it out and let me know what you think.  

• 1 month later...

any tips for post patch?

I've tried this countless times but i can't seem to get past 36 and i've been soloing. 

(edit)
managed to get it solo post patch.
I used the elf and used something similar to the wizard were the third weapon that he uses can do invisibility like the wizard.
I used the ring of mirrors relic and did the same thing but with the elf.
my talisman was the first one because it helped destroy summoning towers in one shot.
you just need to learn how to time when to use the talisman then quickly go invisible.

Edited by Night_wing89

• 1 month later...

Get a buddy or a best friend and do this. Have the person who wants the trophy be host and send invite to friend or buddy. Always leave one token, if host dies do not go in just wait till your invited player(buddy) dies. invited player(buddy) will have to leave session and host will have to resend invite. invited player will respawn. Rinse and repeat till u get to 19 or 37. Remember always have one token, if u don´t game over

. This works with 3 or 4 people but is limited and with 2 players unlimited. I did not come up with this and take no credit. Use this as a last resort

Edited by nono5150

I just soloed this last night (barely only got to level 50 :)). My spec is as follows:

1) Elf - Great mobility, can shoot and not lose speed.

2) Messenger Bow - Shoots a ranged mortar like attack when used properly. This is great for taking out spawners because if you get close to one and hit it directly they take massive damage. Also can shoot over monsters to hit ranged targets. It is a pain to use sometimes because it only shoots a specific distance from you so you will often miss close targets. Also you can misfire and only drop a small bomb under you. This mistake can easily cost you health.

3) Dryad's Flute - Awesome. Makes you invisible for several seconds which is enough time to take out a spawner if focus firing. Heals a slight amount which is just a bonus not a reason to use it.

4) Ring of Mirrors - Makes upto 3 duplicates of yourself that deals massive damage.

Tips I have:

1) Solo seemed a lot easier than with 2 people. The spawn rates seem much more manageable and if you get swamped only one coin is used at a time.

2) Go slow. Don't rush it. Since you can't heal without food for the most part. Taking a little damage here and there is costly

3) Before you enter a big room make sure to take out all mobs from outside the room. No need to take on the initial mobs plus any spawners inside the room at the same time.

4) Farm mobs for extra coins when you are running low. This can be done by clearing everything out except for one spawner and just killing mobs as they come out.

5) Purchase priority - Coins>Potions>Food

6) Pick up all gold you can as long as you don't think you will die.

I am not sure if it is the same for everyone, but when I loaded up my check point for level 36 (I think it was 36) food was no longer available for normal pickups as they had all turned to gold. This made the levels about twice as hard because you couldn't heal mid level. Potions also came much less often randomally throughout the levels. I think from 38 to 50 I picked up less than 6 potions and most of the time the potions were inside fairly hard rooms so you could accidently destroy them. Thus gold became much more important.

I still need the other achievements for grinding so if anyone needs some help feel free to friend me (please make a note that you want to play gauntlet in the friend request) and invite me to gauntlet. I should be available most nights after 10ish and unless I'm busy doing something else I should be able to help out with a run or two for right now. This is a limited time offer though since I figure once I Platinum the game I will probably be burnt out on it.....

In any case good luck and enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Just completed endless mode solo and obtained the platinum, so I thought I'd share my strategy (works in version 1.03).

Similar to the Wizard exploit, the Elf's third bow (the purple icon) is an invisibility tech that virtually lasts the entirety of its cooldown.  You have about 1 second between it ending and being available again, but the AI generally can't respond quick enough to harm you (it also harms enemies in close proximity, slightly).  So keep spamming the invisibility bow and you can meander through sections without having to engage.

Equipment:  Ultimate Arrow (potion attack), Invisibility Bow, Ring of Mirrors (Lv.3)

I actually started my run from floor 1 and collected 22 skull coins by the time I hit floor 19.  Floors 31-36 are agonizing and knew I'd need the respawns.  The game chose to be a bitch on those floors and gave me virtually no potions until floor 35, so I burned through almost all my tokens by the end of floor 35 (only had two remaining).  Basically, run when you can (using invisibility), and prioritize destroying the spawners ASAP and the Demon Casters.  Usually you can do this by lining up an Ultimate Arrow potion attack to either take out two at a time or deal some damage to the windbag enemies.  Once you have destroyed the spawners, exploit your invisibility and continue to harass the blob of enemies that forms until eventually you've widdled them all away.

I continued even after I had reached floor 37 and blew through the skeleton sections with ease as well as the caves.  Fortunately there was only one more Hell level until achieving the trophy and by the time I got to floor 49 I had 4 potions and 6 tokens to burn, so needless to say I managed.

This is the most surefire way I know of to get the trophy.  Plus, I find using the elf as your main makes the base game the easiest and allows you to use the funds you acquire to readily jump into endless mode rather than having to soup up another character.

Good luck, Gauntleteers.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just completed endless mode solo and obtained the platinum, so I thought I'd share my strategy (works in version 1.03).

Similar to the Wizard exploit, the Elf's third bow (the purple icon) is an invisibility tech that virtually lasts the entirety of its cooldown.  You have about 1 second between it ending and being available again, but the AI generally can't respond quick enough to harm you (it also harms enemies in close proximity, slightly).  So keep spamming the invisibility bow and you can meander through sections without having to engage.

Equipment:  Ultimate Arrow (potion attack), Invisibility Bow, Ring of Mirrors (Lv.3)

I actually started my run from floor 1 and collected 22 skull coins by the time I hit floor 19.  Floors 31-36 are agonizing and knew I'd need the respawns.  The game chose to be a bitch on those floors and gave me virtually no potions until floor 35, so I burned through almost all my tokens by the end of floor 35 (only had two remaining).  Basically, run when you can (using invisibility), and prioritize destroying the spawners ASAP and the Demon Casters.  Usually you can do this by lining up an Ultimate Arrow potion attack to either take out two at a time or deal some damage to the windbag enemies.  Once you have destroyed the spawners, exploit your invisibility and continue to harass the blob of enemies that forms until eventually you've widdled them all away.

I continued even after I had reached floor 37 and blew through the skeleton sections with ease as well as the caves.  Fortunately there was only one more Hell level until achieving the trophy and by the time I got to floor 49 I had 4 potions and 6 tokens to burn, so needless to say I managed.

This is the most surefire way I know of to get the trophy.  Plus, I find using the elf as your main makes the base game the easiest and allows you to use the funds you acquire to readily jump into endless mode rather than having to soup up another character.

Good luck, Gauntleteers.

Thank you for your strategy! I used this and... Plat! Thank you very much! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just soloed this last night (barely only got to level 50 :)). My spec is as follows:

1) Elf - Great mobility, can shoot and not lose speed.

2) Messenger Bow - Shoots a ranged mortar like attack when used properly. This is great for taking out spawners because if you get close to one and hit it directly they take massive damage. Also can shoot over monsters to hit ranged targets. It is a pain to use sometimes because it only shoots a specific distance from you so you will often miss close targets. Also you can misfire and only drop a small bomb under you. This mistake can easily cost you health.

3) Dryad's Flute - Awesome. Makes you invisible for several seconds which is enough time to take out a spawner if focus firing. Heals a slight amount which is just a bonus not a reason to use it.

4) Ring of Mirrors - Makes upto 3 duplicates of yourself that deals massive damage.

Tips I have:

1) Solo seemed a lot easier than with 2 people. The spawn rates seem much more manageable and if you get swamped only one coin is used at a time.

2) Go slow. Don't rush it. Since you can't heal without food for the most part. Taking a little damage here and there is costly

3) Before you enter a big room make sure to take out all mobs from outside the room. No need to take on the initial mobs plus any spawners inside the room at the same time.

4) Farm mobs for extra coins when you are running low. This can be done by clearing everything out except for one spawner and just killing mobs as they come out.

5) Purchase priority - Coins>Potions>Food

6) Pick up all gold you can as long as you don't think you will die.

I am not sure if it is the same for everyone, but when I loaded up my check point for level 36 (I think it was 36) food was no longer available for normal pickups as they had all turned to gold. This made the levels about twice as hard because you couldn't heal mid level. Potions also came much less often randomally throughout the levels. I think from 38 to 50 I picked up less than 6 potions and most of the time the potions were inside fairly hard rooms so you could accidently destroy them. Thus gold became much more important.

I still need the other achievements for grinding so if anyone needs some help feel free to friend me (please make a note that you want to play gauntlet in the friend request) and invite me to gauntlet. I should be available most nights after 10ish and unless I'm busy doing something else I should be able to help out with a run or two for right now. This is a limited time offer though since I figure once I Platinum the game I will probably be burnt out on it.....

In any case good luck and enjoy.

I used this strategy and it worked. Thanks

I had around 30 coins saved up until level 30ish. But then there were two back to back dungeons with cultists and the demon eye. I ended losing most of my coins. Thankfully i still had 10 coins at level 49.

• 7 months later...
On 1/30/2016 at 2:29 AM, Aexuz said:

There's and exploit for that trophy. All you need is 2 controllers.

this is the process : 
1. log in your account you want the trophy pop on.
2.play as campaign or local whatever you want.
3. at this stage just play as far as you can go but do not use up all the skull coin, for example, if you playing endless and struggling at level 36 like me OR if you doing hard mode last boss and low half of his HP.
4. of course you gonna die and you have only 1 or 2 skull coin to spare, just stay dead(you gonna die again anyway so dont risk your shits for desperation)
5. log in your 2nd account using 2nd controller, join in ( in my case i used wizzard with mirrors, highly recommend 3 level mirrors will help you faster)
6. as soon as your 2nd character appear on screen, immediately cast mirrors and hit "Option" to "drop out" , DO NOT LET HIM DIE, YOU MUST STAY ALIVE WHEN DROP OUT.
7. Let the mirrors clear out the trash mobs, then wizzard join back again, cast mirrors until nothing left on the screen, repeat the step 6. (yes the mirrors skill cooldown reset when you drop out)
8.when you feel safe, resurrect your main character and kill the boss or keep going to the next floor. BINGO TROPHIES POP!

Credit to zendersto for this post.

Thank you for this. There aren't many players online anymore since its been so long so I had to solo this. I been stuck on 49, ridiculous rooms with 3 Red Wizards and 2 Demon Eyes till I used the method you posted.

Edited by Gryfter