OMG, You never told me Lego games weren't just for kids

AffectatiousDonk

I love and enjoy Lego games, they are so much fun to play. I can't help how adorable and cute these games are. Just recently finished Lego Marvel Superheroes and I am looking forward for Marvel Avengers as well as playing other released Lego games!

Lego bricks and games are like Pixar movies. At first glance, they appear to be targeted towards kids. But, in reality, kids only get about 10% of the potential.

It's not until you get older and have more experiences do you realize much of the content, dialog and plot involve much more adult-themed things. Similarly to Lego games, the kids *can* get in and play, but there's enough there to appeal and keep every age entertained.

As someone who worked retail for too many years, you aren't being judged when you buy a Lego game as an adult. If anything, they'll guess you're buying it as a gift for someone else. But trust me when I tell you, that sales person forgot about you completely by the time you hit the first traffic light after leaving the store.

• Like 2

I've loved the Lego games ever since I gave the Lord of the Rings one a chance. After that I went back and played some older ones like Batman, Star Wars, and Pirates, and I make sure to get most every new one. I probably won't get Dimensions though as I don't need tons of figures cluttering up my house.

• Like 1

LEGO is for EVERYONE. Anyone who doesn't believe that is a heathen and must be converted xD

Idk why but I'm still hoping they announce a Lego Star Wars HD collection...

Why? All the Lego Star Wars games were already released on PS3 as The Complete Saga and then Lego Star Wars III came out. Now if they released a Definitive Edition with ALL the Star Wars games, that'd be awesome. But the games are already in HD.

• Like 1

LEGO is for EVERYONE. Anyone who doesn't believe that is a heathen and must be converted xD

Why? All the Lego Star Wars games were already released on PS3 as The Complete Saga and then Lego Star Wars III came out. Now if they released a Definitive Edition with ALL the Star Wars games, that'd be awesome. But the games are already in HD.

I had them on ps2, I just want to play the games again and actually get trophies in them.

I'm in the minority.

I played Lego Marvel and I found the gameplay to be boring to the point where I was falling sleeping. The main story levels are just break everything in your way to progress. The extra activities in the Hub were also very limited in game types so in the end it was repetitive to complete everything.

Really the only things I liked was the cutscenes between levels, mostly because the game did have a good cast of voice actors and the script was palatable, and the large amount of characters.

I doubt I'll try another lego game, they aren't for me.

Lego Lord of the Rings was the first one I tried out. I enjoyed it a lot so I tried a few more. Out of the 4 I've played the only one I think I'd give a more negative vote for was LEGO Star Wars 3: The Clone Wars.

LoTR and PoTC were great. I didn't feel like I was repeating much and they were just overall enjoyable. (maybe I'm biased?)

Marvel Superheroes felt like it was a bit of a chore by the end but Star Wars 3...this game was so overly repetitive, boring, and temperamental that I felt more joy than that empty feeling you get when finishing a game.

Other Lego games I want(ed) to try out but not sure if I will:

The Hobbit

Indiana Jones 

Harry Potter 1-4, 5-7.

Dude, Lego Star Wars II, was the first game I ever bought day one. I had played a demo of it on one of my many, many PS2 demo discs and absolutely loved it. I saved up months of pocket money and a bit of birthday money and I got that game and I spent forever in it. God that game is good. The original Star Wars ones, the first Indiana Jones one, and Marvel are some of my all time favorite games.

there is a sale on Rayman games in EU

Middle-earth shadow of mordor legion edition for $19,99 in USA on ps store wtf thats cheap!

This had nothing to do with the topic....

On topic, I love the Lego games! For the most part i've platinumed most of the lego games i've played. I really disliked Lego Indiana Jones 2 as it focused far too much on crappy Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Also I found the Marvel one to be incredibly stupid. It was like Avengers Part 2. But with a really bad story and too many collectibles.

I actually have most of the PS3 Lego games, at least 8. Missing a some of the newer games though.

This had nothing to do with the topic....

On topic, I love the Lego games! For the most part i've platinumed most of the lego games i've played. I really disliked Lego Indiana Jones 2 as it focused far too much on crappy Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Also I found the Marvel one to be incredibly stupid. It was like Avengers Part 2. But with a really bad story and too many collectibles.

Not sure I agree with the reasons given, but I think Indiana 2 was the worst I've played so far. I've yet to finish Marvel, was doing it with my wife, but I guess I'll just have to finish it myself sometime soon. :P I think Star Wars 3 was pretty long.

• Like 1

I actually have most of the PS3 Lego games, at least 8. Missing a some of the newer games though.

Not sure I agree with the reasons given, but I think Indiana 2 was the worst I've played so far. I've yet to finish Marvel, was doing it with my wife, but I guess I'll just have to finish it myself sometime soon. :PI think Star Wars 3 was pretty long.

I slack pretty hard when I game. Pausing for a long time or just downright not playing for a day or so.

But Star Wars 3 felt the longest to me and I don't think it had as many things in it as the other games.

When it comes to these games though...I think I'd be hard pressed to find any normal kid (not teenager) who could platinum the games.

EDIT: Or even finish them really lol.

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

I slack pretty hard when I game. Pausing for a long time or just downright not playing for a day or so.

But Star Wars 3 felt the longest to me and I don't think it had as many things in it as the other games.

When it comes to these games though...I think I'd be hard pressed to find any normal kid (not teenager) who could platinum the games.

EDIT: Or even finish them really lol.

Star Wars 3 had it's RTS stuff, a bit like that one Ratchet & Clank game focused around a similar thing. It added at least 5-10 hours to the plat time IIRC. :\

Edited by MMDE

Star Wars 3 had it's RTS stuff, a bit like that one Ratchet & Clank game focused around a similar thing. It added at least 5-10 hours to the plat time IIRC. :\

RTS meaning real time strategy? I haven't played Ratchet and Clank.

I think you're talking about the Space Missions (16), Bounty Missions (16) and the Republic/Separatist Assault missions. (32) They were a good example of bad filler material.

I"m not even ashamed to admit that for star wars I used the codes for the first time. Characters weren't showing up for crap to buy and more than a few levels would freeze on me or glitch out to the point where they couldn't be finished so stud collecting was terrible.

i always considered Lego games to be games for adults to play with your kids.

Star Wars regardless of what you think wasn't anywhere near as big a deal for kids as it was for adults (not until more recently where its been marketed more to kids with stuff like clone wars), the same with indiana jones and lord of the rings.

Also are people really bad mouthing Lego Marvel for putting too much game in their game, it was one of the only games I can think of that had an open world with good reason to fully explore and lots of things to do in pretty much every inch of the world. Games getting in the way of or delaying your time to platinum is hardly anything that needs to be a concern when measuring fun (because if playing a game isn't fun and getting a plat isn't fun for you, what is your reason for playing?), Its about how many hours you enjoyed playing the game for.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So just racked up my first Lego platinum - Jurrasic World ( and 10th platinum )

Really enjoyed it, bit of a grind at the end but overall some good solid fun. I enjoyed this one much more than marvel superheroes but just cause I am more familiar with Jussaric Park franchise I suppose.

Now for a little break from Lego, but I wonder which one I should play next out of my collection, The Hobbit, Lego Movie or Batman 3 Beyond Gotham ?