Combo Master [Trophy]

Jak

So how does one get this? Playstation trophy org, for whatever, reason decided to copy and paste over the tips from the PS3 section and not update it after being told that the trick does not work on the Vita version. This is already known to be one of the top hardest trophies to get on the Vita, so how have some of you who already gotten it, got it?

There is a thread there about it. There isn't anything like 'copy and paste' on .org simply because there are not 2 guides. Mr-Easy got you covered, but you are right, it's not as easy as it is on the ps3, requires further pre-planning this time around. Summoners are your best bet.

I was pretty sure that the method used for PS3 was written for the Vita version as well, which is why I said copy and paste. Either way you look at it, the guide is tied to the Vita version to. That much I know, not sure about the PS4 version, so it'd be copy and pasted since 2 different version games are not 1 game, just the same game on another system. (Like writing a guide for TLOK on PS3, and re-using it again for PS4.)

I will follow this method later today and see what happens! (I vaguely remember skimming through this a year ago or so, lel.)

I was pretty sure that the method used for PS3 was written for the Vita version as well, which is why I said copy and paste. Either way you look at it, the guide is tied to the Vita version to. That much I know, not sure about the PS4 version, so it'd be copy and pasted since 2 different version games are not 1 game, just the same game on another system. (Like writing a guide for TLOK on PS3, and re-using it again for PS4.)

I will follow this method later today and see what happens! (I vaguely remember skimming through this a year ago or so, lel.)

Yeah, when the game has the same name (and same list), they simple merge both things like it's one. It's good most of the time, bad in times like these. IIRC the ps4 version has it's own forums though, because the name is quite different.  Rocketbirds also has 2 forums because of that IIRC.

When doing the method, I suggest doing it on the checkpointed method of playing the DLC, save the score route for round 6 and backup your save. Also, I have a thread there explaining how to quickly grind kills toward Genocidiary, check that too so you can shave off some time of your platinum.

Don't know what this trick is you're referring to but my favourite spots for getting this achievement is either at the graveyard or the meat grinder area.

Using auto turrets will help maintain your combo and it helps if you don't kill them off too fast so they can respawn

• Like 1

On the Vita I personally did most of what was in the PS3 tips BUT I didn't sprint to the end fight, I hung just below and melee'ed/rushed the screamer spawns to build my counter. By the time I got to the end I then deployed three turrets in the same area( bottom left corner)

• Like 1

Got the trophy, lol.

Yeah, when the game has the same name (and same list), they simple merge both things like it's one. It's good most of the time, bad in times like these. IIRC the ps4 version has it's own forums though, because the name is quite different.  Rocketbirds also has 2 forums because of that IIRC.

When doing the method, I suggest doing it on the checkpointed method of playing the DLC, save the score route for round 6 and backup your save. Also, I have a thread there explaining how to quickly grind kills toward Genocidiary, check that too so you can shave off some time of your platinum.

I did exactly what was listed on the thread, except at round 4 I went to get more cash instead of health, and instead of going to the end area where the next checkpoint is while maintaining a 75-90 KPM, I sat (stood) right outside that checkpoint with just the turret and smg. Didn't even need the mines. I also found an alternate and easier way to get this trophy. I didn't get to apply it, but I saw the potential. The potential is duoble via this method but right before it, starting from the checkpoint at the split between the score and armor routes.

EDIT: I never needed the platinum or any other trophy, just this one listed.

Glad this is finally out of the way and I look forward to doing this all on PS4 (again for the third time) whenever I get that version.

Edited by Mar
  • Like 1